Ocean Palms Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
View Hotel
Hyland Inn Near Legoland(Carlsbad)
1,067 results
All reviewsacross the streetluxury suitesurf boardstropical paradisewithin walking distancefull kitchenbeach accessgas firebeach towelsjacuzzi tubputting greenperfect locationrestaurants and shopsgrounds are beautifulcarlsbad villagegreat roomliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I first visited Ocean Palms Beach Resort in the 80's with some family friends who vacationed there. I was sold and brought my children there every year while they were growing up. They are now 33 and 34. I am now bringing my grandchildren there every year. My husband and I have also gone alone without the children. It is the perfect spot in Carlsbad. Some of the staff have been there for many years and thats comforting. I go for a week and don't have to get in my car. We walk across the street to the beach. After a great day playing on the beautiful beach, we go up and get in the jacuzzi and the swimming pool. In the morning we can work out in the little gym on site. There is a little grocery store on site. We walk to a wonderful restaurant for dinner. It is within walking Distance of all your needs. We walk to the train station and catch the Coaster to San Diego for a day at the Zoo or a baseball game. I cant remember a year when I haven't stayed here and I recommend it to everyone I can.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 2 May 2013

After a short stay in 1981 I fell in love with the location, peace, sounds and smells of, at that time Ocean Manor. The following year, 1982, we brought my mom, the kids and grandchildren. The tradition of an annual family vacation in Carlsbad, specifically Ocean Palms Beach Resort, has continued to 2013. The family has increased with the addition of a great grandson and once again you will find us at the beautiful Ocean Palms Beach Resort the last week in June. By the way, mom will be 97 and is looking forward to this year's stay. I might mention the staff, a great many of them have been there almost as long as we have been staying there, is the absolute best. That, in itself, says a great deal about the management as far as I'm concerned. What can I say except I love Ocean Palms Beach Resort.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We have used Ocean Palms Beach Resort many times over the past 15 years both as a couple and with our entire family--children and grandchildren. We have found the setting perfect for relaxing, close to the beach and surrounding activities in the San Diego area. The upgrades that have taken place at Ocean Palms over the years has made the rooms and facilities even more comfortable. The staff have always been helpful and the rooms well maintained. We highly recommend Ocean Palms Beach Resort to anyone interested in have a relaxing and enjoyable experience in Carlsbad.

Room Tip: The room selection is all there based on the needs of the traveler from studio, to one bedroom to two bedroom. We have also used the Baja Suite which is well suited for larger group gatherings (it only sleeps 4).
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Overall, you can not beat the location of this property. It is literally 50 feet from the beach and you will be in walking distance to great dining options. I have been coming to this place for over 3 years since I was a child with my parents. They have really upgraded the property grounds over the last 10 years! I will continue to take my family there every summer.

Room Tip: Newer remodeled rooms are worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Our family has been vacationing at OP for several years, and so glad we found it. No complaints. It seems to get better each year. Lovely, comfortable rooms, attractive, well-tended grounds, accommodating staff, and near the beach. Everything we need for a comfortable, enjoyable stay in Carlsbad.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family