“Great price for awesome location, lovely remodeled hotel!”

Ocean Palms Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Great price for awesome location, lovely remodeled hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and i showed up at 7pm asking for an affordable room for the night. Todd was at the front desk and he was very friendly and accommodating! He gave us a few options since its off-season, and the hotel is not full. We settled on the less expensive 1bedroom.. He surprised us with an upgrade to a lovely remodeled 1bedroom! What a treat;-)

Todd was also a gracious host, inviting our friends and their 3 little boys to use the pool and jacuzzi and giving them hotel towels. Todd mentioned that the landscaping and room remodels are new. The place was very lush and tropical, and room was super clean and California-Bali style. The bed was comfy too;-) they are trying hard to turn this place around one room at a time!

Room Tip: Get a remodel!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

What a great experience. The hotel is in the best location, steps from the beach and restaurants, The atmosphere at the hotel is second to none, Fire pits, pool, rooms AAA+++ . The Staff and house keeping were excellent, very friendly, and full of knowledge about what to do's in the area. "Miles you rock Bud" They all went out of there way to make sure my stay was memorable. You cant go wrong staying here, cant wait to go back. Thanks all

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Carlsbad, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

This place rules. Super nice rooms. Great location right in the heart of downtown and across the street from the beach. I stayed there with my wife and kids, we had a blast! The staff was friendly and helpful. The best place to stay in carlsbad. Thanks for a great vacation to Barry and the whole crew at the ocean palms!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in one of the older room which was fine with us the staff was amazing, my daughter lost her stuffed animal there and they arranged to ship it back to us:) If you are looking for a fun-laid back but luxury place to stay this is it!! We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Bindyp
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

My job, when not on vacation is a mystery shopper. I have been doing this job for over 10 years.

I tend to rate everything by habit when I stay somewhere, such as the service, room condition, property amenities and the property over all. If I was to have to rate this property based on these things that are important to me, I would have given a grade of 100.

The employees went out of their way to help me and answer any of my questions. I did not experience anyone being rude or unhappy during the visit. Even the gardeners greeted me when I passed them. The men that were remodeling one of the units were friendly and asked how my stay was. The property was well maintained and the amenities were up to standards. The room I stayed in was nice and cozy. It reminded me of a bungalow on the beach. Sitting on the porch, listening to the wave and talking to people passing by were very nice.

I would recommend this property and my hat is off to the staff for making my stay pleasant. Thanks so much for being the property you advertise you are. That’s hard to find nowadays.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Taylor R
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We came here for our honeymoon and were not let down. Upon arrival we found that our room was a little smaller than we expected. We then asked the front desk how much it would cost to upgrade and it was too far out of our budget. The next morning the owner came out and gave us a great room for the rest of our stay at less than half the cost. He also let us take snacks out of the store for the remainder of our stay for free. This town was absolutely awesome. The beaches are very nice and there are many many places to eat, all in walking distance. Nights at this hotel are very cool with the fire pits and other lighting. We will definitely be coming back again in the future.

P.S. Come after labor day. There are way less people tons of room on the beaches.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom suite w/ kitchen like an efficiency apartment. It has a small porch w/ table, umbrella & chairs. Suite is nicely decorated and clean. Kitchen has full size fridge, oven/stove, microwave and cookware/utensils. We cooked on one of several gas grills almost every night. Bed is comfortable. I slep like a rock. Pool area w/ jacuzzi very cozy and clean. The beach is just a stairway away. Management, front office staff, and maids are very accommodating and friendly. Front office stayed open til 11 pm and has a small "store" w/ condiments, can goods, perishables, and souvenirs. Free bags of ice. We plan on staying there again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple