Like Marilyn Monroe, this renovated mid-century modern hotel has charm and good looks. It's classy and kitschy and reminiscent of Old School Southern California. The staff members are all very friendly, the grounds and pool are small but lovely with FABULOUS lush landscaping. LOVE the outdoor fire pits and fireplace with Adirondack chairs !!!
My room was the smallest (that is all I needed) but tidy with a premium upgrade on the bathroom. With their beautiful suites, this would be a great place for the whole family to stay...which is what we might do someday...as the beach access is just across a little side street, beach chairs are free and the walkability of downtown Carlsbad is a solid ten. I recommend getting artesian well water from the 'Spa' on the main street. If you consume this healthy elixir during your entire stay you will leave totally refreshed.
Side Notes: As a woman travelling alone, safety is important. Carlsbad is one of the safest communities in S. CA. Of course, always watch out for yourself and never go down to the beach after dark alone.
If your are sensitive to noise, make sure you mention this to the staff.
Also, I didn't like the bed...too hard for my taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For generations, families visiting San Diego's North County for fun and relaxation on America's greatest beaches have enjoyed staying at the Ocean Palms. Our casual Carlsbad resort is ideally located along the coast in Carlsbad Village, home to one of Southern California's best collections of shops and restaurants. The Ocean Palms offers a wide choice of Carlsbad accommodations. From comfortable budget rooms to luxury suites, 1, 2 and 3 Bedrooms, some with ocean views, every room offers a fully equipped kitchen. We have the unique ability to provide you with the exact sleeping arrangements you need. Whether it's adjoining rooms or a suite, we can get you the space you need at a rate you'll love. Enjoy a continental breakfast, with fresh fruit, fresh-baked cookies, Danishes, and fresh-brewed coffee. Enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the lush landscaping. We're pet friendly, there's free WiFi, a heated pool and Jacuzzi. We love families who can't get enough of the beach, so we provide free beach chairs, beach towels, boogie boards, and even free surfboards. The beach is right across the street, and the charming Village of Carlsbad is just a block away. Visiting Legoland? We're only a 10 minute drive. We're also just three blocks from the Coaster railroad station, so you can ride the train and take in all the attractions in San Diego, from a Padres Game at Petco Park to a tour of the historic aircraft carrier U.S.S. Midway. Here in North County San Diego, explore wineries and microbreweries. Welcome to your beachside home away from home. Come to the Ocean Palms, where cool Pacific breezes sweep across the enchanting Village of Carlsbad. There is no better place for families to capture the magic of Southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ocean Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Palms Beach Hotel Carlsbad
- Ocean Palms Beach Carlsbad