This is our second time staying here. The first time was 5 Stars. This time not so much. The first night was great with no issues. They even let us check in a little early. The next day was awesome. The place has free beach chairs and boogie boards to use. It's close to down town Carlsbad so we walked there which is a plus.
After our second trip to the beach we came up to shower. My girls were in the shower and one of the handles broken so they couldn't turn off the water.
I called down to front desk and spoke to Jose. I explained to him the situation and was told he was going to go light the fire pits and then he would come up. I found this odd as the water was just left to run and i'm sure the cost of the water bill would be passed on to future customers.
I walked down to the office and Jose tried calling the maintenance guy with no answer. He even tried calling his boss with no answer. I finally told him to find me some tools and I would fix it. The front desk didn't even have a tool kit to repair simple problems.
I was told that we might have to move rooms. This was at about 8:00pm and I just finished grilling my family's dinner. The has grills need to be fixed or replaced.
We were given an upgraded room with an ocean view. I had to haul all of my family's belongings across the property. Meanwhile my food was getting cold.
The upgraded room was nice. Then we were hit with it.
After a long night at about 6:45am the construction crew shows up and are running saws and banging hammers... right across from our room.
I asked the lady at the front desk, when I went to get coffee, and was told that they started at 7:00am. I wasn't gonna argue about whose click was right so I left it at that. No apology just a "suck it up attitude".
I would stay here again because of the good service we had last time and I hope that this is an isolated incident.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For generations, families visiting San Diego's North County for fun and relaxation on America's greatest beaches have enjoyed staying at the Ocean Palms. Our casual Carlsbad resort is ideally located along the coast in Carlsbad Village, home to one of Southern California's best collections of shops and restaurants. The Ocean Palms offers a wide choice of Carlsbad accommodations. From comfortable budget rooms to luxury suites, 1, 2 and 3 Bedrooms, some with ocean views, every room offers a fully equipped kitchen. We have the unique ability to provide you with the exact sleeping arrangements you need. Whether it's adjoining rooms or a suite, we can get you the space you need at a rate you'll love. Enjoy a continental breakfast, with fresh fruit, fresh-baked cookies, Danishes, and fresh-brewed coffee. Enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the lush landscaping. We're pet friendly, there's free WiFi, a heated pool and Jacuzzi. We love families who can't get enough of the beach, so we provide free beach chairs, beach towels, boogie boards, and even free surfboards. The beach is right across the street, and the charming Village of Carlsbad is just a block away. Visiting Legoland? We're only a 10 minute drive. We're also just three blocks from the Coaster railroad station, so you can ride the train and take in all the attractions in San Diego, from a Padres Game at Petco Park to a tour of the historic aircraft carrier U.S.S. Midway. Here in North County San Diego, explore wineries and microbreweries. Welcome to your beachside home away from home. Come to the Ocean Palms, where cool Pacific breezes sweep across the enchanting Village of Carlsbad. There is no better place for families to capture the magic of Southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ocean Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Palms Beach Hotel Carlsbad
- Ocean Palms Beach Carlsbad