My family stayed at Ocean Palms for a week and enjoyed the fact that it was so close to the beach, had a pool onsite, and a courtyard where many would gather in the evenings for a drink, to listen to music or play games. But unfortunately the rooms leave a lot to be desired. The room we stayed in was very small, the bed was terribly uncomfortable and left me with a backache, the shower was so small that it was claustrophobic and the television was snapping and sparking everytime we would turn it on, and I was afraid the place was going to catch on fire. When we notified the office of the problem they didn't seem concerned, sent a guy to look at it but never replaced the television. We were actually willing to look past all that because we enjoyed the fact that our room had a porch that faced the ocean (didn't really have an ocean view since a building across the way blocked it) that we enjoyed sitting out on to watch the people go by as we had our coffee in the morning, but unlike most of the places around Carlsbad, this place does not give the people renting the room first dibs on that room for the next year when they reserve it before the end of their stay, and they rented it out from under us. So, we went down the street and found a place even closer to the beach which was much larger for less money. Now I am so glad that we weren't able to rent at Ocean Palms again because the porch was not worth the money we were spending on the place and now my back will not hurt when I wake up in the mornings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For generations, families visiting San Diego's North County for fun and relaxation on America's greatest beaches have enjoyed staying at the Ocean Palms. Our casual Carlsbad resort is ideally located along the coast in Carlsbad Village, home to one of Southern California's best collections of shops and restaurants. The Ocean Palms offers a wide choice of Carlsbad accommodations. From comfortable budget rooms to luxury suites, 1, 2 and 3 Bedrooms, some with ocean views, every room offers a fully equipped kitchen. We have the unique ability to provide you with the exact sleeping arrangements you need. Whether it's adjoining rooms or a suite, we can get you the space you need at a rate you'll love. Enjoy a continental breakfast, with fresh fruit, fresh-baked cookies, Danishes, and fresh-brewed coffee. Enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the lush landscaping. We're pet friendly, there's free WiFi, a heated pool and Jacuzzi. We love families who can't get enough of the beach, so we provide free beach chairs, beach towels, boogie boards, and even free surfboards. The beach is right across the street, and the charming Village of Carlsbad is just a block away. Visiting Legoland? We're only a 10 minute drive. We're also just three blocks from the Coaster railroad station, so you can ride the train and take in all the attractions in San Diego, from a Padres Game at Petco Park to a tour of the historic aircraft carrier U.S.S. Midway. Here in North County San Diego, explore wineries and microbreweries. Welcome to your beachside home away from home. Come to the Ocean Palms, where cool Pacific breezes sweep across the enchanting Village of Carlsbad. There is no better place for families to capture the magic of Southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Ocean Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Palms Beach Hotel Carlsbad
- Ocean Palms Beach Carlsbad