The front desk staff at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful, however, the hotel itsself was not as nice as I thought it would be. I was put in a handicapped accessible room (not sure why... and didn't ask to move because I just didn't want to bother with it). The shower was kind of grimey looking and I didn't feel comfortable showering without flip flops on. I was also surprised to find an empty water bottle on the floor beside my bed. It's not much... but why wouldn't housekeeping just pick it up? It was right there out in the open.
The room was nice enough, but the hallway was extremely noisy. I must have been situated near a cleaning supply closet or something because several times a day there would be a loud banging like someone desperately knocking on a door. The walls are thin, so I could hear everything the guests above and beside me did. Water running upstairs and stomping, tv and music coming through the side wall.
The beach is very hard to get to. It is not a "beach front" hotel. You have to cross a highway, walk about half a mile, then climb down a steep cliff to get to the beach.
Also, on a Saturday (early afternoon) a child pooped in the pool. The hotel cannot control children (thats their parents job) but because of that the pool was closed all Saturday and into the afternoon on Sunday. I'm not sure about the sanitization process for something like that but it took a long time. I don't know if other guests were comped anything for the lack of a pool, but I wasn't offered any sort of discount due to the inconvenience. (I didn't ask for anything.. I would just think that if something like that happened, the hotel would provide its guests with compensation).
The "high speed internet" is free, but not high speed. I could not access websites such as netflix, hulu, or use skype (except for at short random intervals throughout the day) due to the extreme lag in the internet. It was too slow to do pretty much anything.
The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The tv worked well and had a lot of channel choices. The room service food (pizza) was very good but overpriced (as expected). The hotel is situated near the Carlsbad Outlets for good shopping.
Overall, it was a fine hotel, just not as nice as some other Hilton Garden Inns I have stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located across the street from Carlsbad State Beach. Featuring ocean views, full service restaurant & bar, spacious guestrooms, heated pool and spa, fitness center, business center, and much more! All guestrooms are equipped with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, complimentary wireless high speed internet, two dual-line phones, and Television with on demand movies. Rooms feature Serta Perfect Sleeper Beds, 32' HDTV and Herman Miller chairs. 2 electric vehicle charging stations with dedicated parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Carlsbad