“Great experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The service is very good and staff is helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean and quiet. The location is great, with the ocean across the street and shopping and restaurants nearby. The food from hotel restaurant is also very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed here for one night with my teenaged sons. We arrived quite late and couldn't seem to coordinate three nights in one hotel so we stayed here for a night and checked into the Hilton down the road for two. This hotel was very nice, great location, good breakfast and easy parking. It is right across the PCH from Carlsbad state beach. The hotel staff was very accommodating and allowed us a later checkout because we'd arrived so late in the evening. I'd highly recommend this hotel. The Carlsbad area is a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Good hotel. though somewhat expensive. I guess for the location it works.
Nice beach and sunset access.
Restaurant and lounge fairly good, prices not too ridiculous.
Nice pool and spa area.
Issues: the only issue I had with my stay were with the laundry facilities.
1. The front desk charges $3 for a box of soap. Completely gouging guests. No need for this.
2. The washing machine pretty much tore a pair of shorts of mine in half, causing me to throw them away.
3. The dryer placed several grease marks on my newly purchased dress shirt.
Conclusion: AVOID THE LAUNDRY MACHINES!
I would have complained to the front desk, but their attitude in general brought me to believe they would not care.

Room Tip: Get one near an elevator - long hallways.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
UltimateServiceGuru, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location at the beach. Please accept our apologies for your experience with the laundry. We strive to ensure all of our equipment is working in perfect order and exceeds your expectations. Please feel free to contact me personally as I would be happy to discuss this further with you.
Regie Brown

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The hotel was just what I needed for my short business stay and first time trip to California. The location was close to the office, yet right on the beach, so while I was working hard, I still got the opportunity to walk along the beach in the early morning.
The hotel staff was incredibly nice. I was somewhat surprised with how genuinely kind they were.
As for the food, I enjoyed the buffet breakfast one morning and had a fresh omelette made which was perfect. I ordered room service one evening and again had great service. The food was good, although I was suffering from a terrible cold and sore throat so I didn't enjoy it as much as I normally would have.
As for the building, I got the impression that its a little older but everything was in working order and comfortable. I did see some work being done in the halls such as painting, which just gave me the impression that they maintained the building well.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great property, warm staff, FANTASTIC LOCATION!!!!!!!

Rooms were clean and neat, bathroom was super clean. Outstanding location across the street from the Pacific Ocean. Easy access from I-5

Menu for dinner and breakfast in dining area was great and the food tasted great as well.

Will be traveling to Carlsbad often and will be coming back to the Hilton Garden Inn in Carlsbad

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were spending just one night as my daughter was the flower girl in a wedding being held at the hotel. We were greeted warmly by the Front Desk staff and everyone we came into contact with. The room was very nice and we had a great view of the pool as well as a partial ocean view. My husband liked that the mattress allowed you to adjust each side for firmness. The wedding was held in their Ocean Breeze ballroom which is beautiful. The one wall of windows open's up to a full ocean view...the sunset was AMAZING and we had a front row seat. Everyone that was helping out with the wedding were very nice to all of us. Whatever we asked for they never said no and made sure all of the wedding parties needs were met. I know that the bride appreciated all their hard work. The food was very tasty and nice size portions. I would say the evening was just perfect. The morning after the wedding we were exhausted and moving slowly so we were happy that the breakfast buffet was still open. We loved that we did not have cold items left for us to pick through...the buffet allows you to order your own omelet, pancakes, eggs. breakfast meats, potatoes and even waffles...we were so happy to have a fresh cooked warm breakfast. The chef working the griddle was so nice to my daughter and just made us feel like we were the only people he was cooking for that morning. The food was delicious. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel and its team to any engaged couples out there looking for a great wedding venue. While we were here for a wedding my family will definitely return for a leisure visit soon!!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have a partial or full ocean view. If you want to watch the sunsets as for a room...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
UltimateServiceGuru, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Guest,
We are very pleased to hear about your experience here at our hotel. Thank you for your comments on the very special day that you all shared with us. We are so happy to have been part of that beautiful occasion. We look forward to having you stay again and thank you again for choosing us.

Regie Brown

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Booked pretty much at the last minute when we couldn't get in the Hilton Spa in Carlsbad but I am so glad we stayed here and wish we could have stayed longer. Located directly across the road from the beach, you need to carefully climb down if you are nimble enough or walk south down the road to the public access beach which is about street level. Close to downtown Carlsbad so easy to pop down their for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Easy to find, plenty of parking, no freeway noise, and very friendly front desk staff. Large rooms with sleep number? adjustable firmness beds, our window opened for a great sea breeze and from our 3rd floor room we could see the ocean. Little worried at check in because our sink leaked a little and the bathroom had some wear around the door, but shower had great showerhead and great pressure. Front desk staff is amazing, needed late check out for red eye flight and then when we did check out they let us use the pool and inside lobby sitting area and business center until we were ready to leave. Breakfast buffet was a little pricey and not included in our stay, but we just hiked down the beach and walked (it was a ways so not a quick walk but we enjoyed it and had time the kill) to town and got something there. Pool and garden/outside seating areas were also excellent. Very good value and a perfect hotel to return with the family to relax at!

Room Tip: Third floor south facing had great view, get an outside room so you aren't facing the courtyard...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple