“Cali Trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My family spent 5 nights here and enjoyed it very much. Our room was spacious, had a fridge and microwave and the beds were comfortable. Staff and any service we needed was very good. I wish breakfast would have been complimentary.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The location and ambiance is fantastic. Just walk across the street to enjoy a fabulous view and ocean breeze. Easy, safe beach access is less than a quarter mile walk down the road (unless you want to climb down the sandy cliffs). Surfers and bikers abound in the area adding to the ambiance of a true paradise. We picked this Hilton for its location and then were wowed by the nicely appointed, upscale décor and helpful, friendly staff. The breakfast buffet while a little expensive is cooked to order and delicious. We'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
UltimateServiceGuru, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your review and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and friendly staff. We love to share our special location and always hope to make you feel at home while with us.
We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times and each time I tell myself to remember to put a review. Staff was exceptional! Room was clean, comfortable, and a great size. Parking was free (something very rare these days). Breakfast was free and a good variety.
I will continue to stay here when traveling to Carlsbad. Cant say anything negative.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I really enjoy staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in Carlsbad California. The price, location and staff are the best in the area. I stay there often on business and would certainly stay there for pleasure.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay with us. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us this past month. I am also pleased that you found our staff accommodating and friendly. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

The service is very good and staff is helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean and quiet. The location is great, with the ocean across the street and shopping and restaurants nearby. The food from hotel restaurant is also very good.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed here for one night with my teenaged sons. We arrived quite late and couldn't seem to coordinate three nights in one hotel so we stayed here for a night and checked into the Hilton down the road for two. This hotel was very nice, great location, good breakfast and easy parking. It is right across the PCH from Carlsbad state beach. The hotel staff was very accommodating and allowed us a later checkout because we'd arrived so late in the evening. I'd highly recommend this hotel. The Carlsbad area is a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Good hotel. though somewhat expensive. I guess for the location it works.
Nice beach and sunset access.
Restaurant and lounge fairly good, prices not too ridiculous.
Nice pool and spa area.
Issues: the only issue I had with my stay were with the laundry facilities.
1. The front desk charges $3 for a box of soap. Completely gouging guests. No need for this.
2. The washing machine pretty much tore a pair of shorts of mine in half, causing me to throw them away.
3. The dryer placed several grease marks on my newly purchased dress shirt.
Conclusion: AVOID THE LAUNDRY MACHINES!
I would have complained to the front desk, but their attitude in general brought me to believe they would not care.

Room Tip: Get one near an elevator - long hallways.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
UltimateServiceGuru, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location at the beach. Please accept our apologies for your experience with the laundry. We strive to ensure all of our equipment is working in perfect order and exceeds your expectations. Please feel free to contact me personally as I would be happy to discuss this further with you.