Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,335 results
All reviewsacross the streetgreat locationoutdoor fireplacecarlsbad beachocean viewbeach accessvery nice hotelbreakfast buffeteasy accessfront desk staffbusiness centernice poolshort drivesan diegooutlet mallpool and hot tubmy son
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed and had a great vacation thanks to the staff and great accommodations at Hilton Carlsbad.
From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. The front staff went over all amenities and recommended local attractions we might enjoy. The beach , view and poolside were perfect and exactly what we were looking for.
I recommend to anyone looking for a great escape.
We are going to make this our new place to stay while traveling to California.
Thank you again for making my stay feel like a true vacation!
Kesty Click & John Angel clients for life!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kestyclick
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach for two nights on a brief solo vacation. I had stayed at the hotel twice before in the past – once in 2000 and once in 2004. Although I hadn’t been to the hotel in 10 years, it was as nice, if not nicer than I remembered. As a woman traveling alone, I felt 100% safe at the hotel and in the surrounding area.

The hotel is located directly across the street from the ocean. The bluff offers a perfect vantage point for breathtaking sunsets. There is access to the beach just a short walk south on the Pacific Coast Highway. There are many restaurants and an outlet mall nearby, and it’s also very close to The Flower Fields and Legoland.

My room was spacious and impeccably clean. I had a room overlooking the pool area, and it was nice to have a sliding glass door that opened to let in the beautiful breeze. The bathroom was very clean as well, with a lot of space, great shower pressure and Neutrogena bath products. The water in the sink had an odd sulfur-like odor, but the shower did not. There were plenty of outlets for charging, plus a refrigerator, microwave and a Keurig coffee/tea maker. Each evening, the hotel puts out fresh cookies for the guests.

Although I didn’t eat breakfast there, I had light dinners at the hotel restaurant both nights of my stay and the food was delicious.

I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach for anyone visiting Southern California. It’s about a 30 minute drive south to San Diego or 15 minutes north to Orange County.

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor facing the ocean or pool. The sliding glass doors are nice to let in the breeze.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Knani
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

It is a nice small Hilton; Grounds are nice, rooms are clean it's pretty nice. Two important things to note.
#1 It is across the street from a cliff and at the bottom of the cliff is the ocean, the beach is a couple of miles up the road.
#2 It is miles from the village of Carlsbad. Meaning you won't be walking to the shops or out to dinner.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank boardrat
UltimateServiceGuru, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent visit with us. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Although we are located on the bluff over the ocean, we do have beach access south of our hotel as well. I apologize that this was not communicated to you. Our complimentary shuttle can also take you to any of the local beaches and also to any restaurants in the area 24 hours a day. We thank you again and look forward to your next visit.

Regie Brown

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've been here three times now, and am starting to feel like it's my second home away from home... The buffet breakfast is phenomenal... Can see the ocean from most rooms... Staff very helpful, they comped my parking and breakfast one morning when I complained that the shower diverter didn't...

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool (from the back section of the hotel, like rooms 326-340 or so), from the third floor, also overlook the ocean, and are reasonably priced.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My family and I stayed here at this wonderful hotel for a week get-away. It was very easy to find from the 30-40 minute drive from the San Diego Airport. It was close to the freeway, but we didn't hear freeway noise, and just across from the ocean. Although from pictures it looks like you will be able to walk right to the ocean you do have to walk about 1/4 mile or so for ocean access since that part of Carlsbad is up on a cliff. The hotel staff was wonderful. We enjoyed a clean room. Great amenities and child friendly. We swam in the pool which was heated, and were happy to see full size beach towels which were nice to lay out on the lounge chairs. The pool was exceptionally clean, as was the hot tub. Breakfast was a hair expensive but what isn't in California? The house wine was very good for $5, and the bartenders are not stingy at all in their pours. I definitely recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family