“Second visit as nice as the first!”

Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This beautiful oceanside property is always nice to stay at. It has the feel of a Spanish hacienda with its Early California architecture and warm colors. The landscaping is gorgeous with lots of colorful flowers and meticulous lawns. There is a central courtyard with a sparkling blue pool. Plenty of parking surrounds the hotel. The lobby has a large fireplace, bright dining area and buffet, plenty of comfortable seating, and a continuation of the Early California typical architecture,
The front desk staff are lovely, courteous, smiling, and very efficient. Check in was fast and easy, and as a Hilton Hhonors member, I received a small bag with water and microwave popcorn.
My room was on an upper floor, and had big opening windows and a good view of the Pacific Ocean. King-size bed with the famous and comfortable Garden Sleep System mattress. It's one of the best in the hotel world. There was a comfortable big chair and ottoman, nice work desk, good lighting, refrigerator, flat-screen TV, plenty of storage space and closet space. Nice but small bathroom with the usual good bath and body products, and plenty of good towels. The room was medium sized, and very quiet and clean.
The two nights I stayed at this hotel were perfectly quiet, which was amazing considering the parking lot below the room as well as the very busy Pacific Coast Highway at the front of the building. I did not hear other guests or sounds from other rooms or other noise.
I did not have breakfast this visit, but the breakfast area looked cheerful and had plenty of attractive food offerings visible when I walked past this space. The food was very good the last time I had breakfast at this hotel.
I did not use the courtyard pool or fitness center this visit due to spending time with family. I did use the small business center with its printer and computers to print a boarding pass, and it was a very efficient space.
Compliments to the front desk staff, who found and safely kept some paperwork I had inadvertently dropped on my way out of the business center - I called them when I found the papers were missing, and the papers were put into a sealed envelope and delivered promptly to my room.
I've seen a lot of Hilton's Garden Inns all over the country, and this is definitely one of my favorites with a sunny, cheerful California mellow attitude, great service, and a beautiful property within walking distance of the Pacific Ocean and beach. If you have a car, there are a lot of good shopping areas and restaurants very close to the hotel. I'd gladly stay at this hotel again - it's a favorite.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms may be a bit noisy in the evenings with the social gatherings next to the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Overall experience was great. Great staff. Great location right off the ocean. Breakfast and room service was great. There on business and would stay there again. Family friendly with pool accommodations and a fitness center that had the exercise equipment that I enjoyed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The evening on the patio in front of the fire place was a little cool, but not so much to prevent children playing in the pool. I ordered the special from the restaurant the night of my stay and was very pleased with the service and the meal was delicious. The view from the dinning room table was pretty sweet to during sunset. I arrived to late to get a room with an ocean view so I just elected to sit in the dinning room and enjoy the view. Many people walked across the street but it was pretty windy so my view was fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2014

good overnight stay near legoland. Breakfast was great but not always included, check your reservation. The walls were quite thin and noise was both late at night and early morning. It is a very pretty property and parking is not included.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Thank Marjorie Y. R
Reviewed 25 March 2014

All the staff was super friendly and efficient. The hotel was all together a wonderful place to stay and myself and the kids enjoyed our night swim in the pool! It was very clean and they even provide pool towels, which was wonderful since I forgot ours.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The property was absolutely beautiful! We have stayed at many Hilton Gardens and this one tops the list for location and gorgeous property grounds. However, there was a large party in the pool area. After calling the front desk twice the party was finally broken up by security, an hour after quiet hours had begun, around 11pm. Bring your earplugs if your room faces the pool area!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
UltimateServiceGuru, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend. Please accept our apologies for the noise coming from the pool area. We do our best to ensure all our guests have a great experience and addressed the noise concerns. Please know this is not typical and we will ensure your next visit will be even more enjoyable.

Regie Brown

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed and had a great vacation thanks to the staff and great accommodations at Hilton Carlsbad.
From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. The front staff went over all amenities and recommended local attractions we might enjoy. The beach , view and poolside were perfect and exactly what we were looking for.
I recommend to anyone looking for a great escape.
We are going to make this our new place to stay while traveling to California.
Thank you again for making my stay feel like a true vacation!
Kesty Click & John Angel clients for life!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple