This is my second stay at this accommodation. This was for a trip to visit relatives just after the tragic fires of May 2014 in the Carlsbad, San Marcos area. This is a convenient spot off the main highway I-5. The last time my wife and I stayed here it was on the way to our wedding days later in the Inland Empire, Temecula, CA.
We like the convenience, location and well kept lodging. The in room Keurig coffee maker is a nice new touch. Although the coffee was not great and housekeeping never bother to refill the magical little creamer, there is another option. Not to worry, the hotel has a courtesy coffee urn that, if you get there on time, it still has coffee and it's better than the Keurig variety.
If you want coffee try the courtesy stand in the lobby, early, if you want real coffee. If you go early enough you might still get a cup and maybe a refill later.
The rooms are clean, the shower always produced hot water and the ventilation system always worked. We have not used the pool but it looks gorgeous for families who need a break after a fantastic LEGOLAND visit. Oh, did I mention the comfortable giant king size bed also. A great nights' sleep.
My only objection, and why I can't give an "Excellent" rating, was the new imposition of a very pricy overnight parking charge. The explanation was that people not residing at the hotel were parking there.
They give you a hang tag to put on the dash or mirror to identify guests. So why not just have non hang-tag cars towed off premises and charge those people my $12 per night. Next time I might NOT want to stay for yet another charge for parking which wasn't there the previous visit.
I just wish they wouldn't ding ME for something someone else is doing. Apparently others park in there lot, taking up guest spots, for free during the day or overnight, not my problem, but it is now at $12 per night it has become my problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located across the street from Carlsbad State Beach. Featuring ocean views, full service restaurant & bar, spacious guestrooms, heated pool and spa, fitness center, business center, and much more! All guestrooms are equipped with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, complimentary wireless high speed internet, two dual-line phones, and Television with on demand movies. Rooms feature Serta Perfect Sleeper Beds, 32' HDTV and Herman Miller chairs. 2 electric vehicle charging stations with dedicated parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Carlsbad