“Great visit”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This place was awesome! Our kids loved it. They had a great menu for the kids. I could even get breakfast late at night. They were willing to seat people even close to closing time. Everyone was pretty friendly!

1  Thank mrsmommy24
There are newer reviews for Ruby's Diner

Reviewed 16 June 2014

we stopped here for a quick lunch on our shopping trip - service and food was great. Decor and atmosphere was fun - kids were well looked after

1  Thank Lovinglife0114
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stopped at the Premium Outlets in Carlsbad on our way back from San Diego and it was lunchtime once we were done shopping. After several days of vacation-style eating, we were looking for something tasty but not too heavy. We asked our waitress how big the portions were and she responded quite candidly, "They're pretty big," then suggested we split something if we were keen on eating the same thing. We ordered a Ruby Club and she was back shortly with our sandwich (cut it two), fries and two plates. Lunch was delicious, just the right quantity and served with a pleasant smile. My kind of eatery!

1  Thank ceebee308
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I brought my 4 yr old out for a quick bite. The BLT-A (avocado) was delicious as were the non-trans fat fries. My son had the PB and J with apple slices. We splurged and got an oreo-milk shake. It was like having a bowl of ice cream with dinner it was so good!
He enjoyed watching the trains going around above us and looking at the old time metal toys in the cases. The highlight for him was the balloon sculpture woman walking around making items for the kids.
My only wish was that the kids menu could have had breakfast for dinner but they only had a couple of adult breakfast items available at dinner time.

I thought it was a little pricey for two but not as bad as some places. the ice cream drink, BLT-A and a kid's PB & J without tip came to $22.86.

1  Thank lsg11
Reviewed 3 June 2014

After reading great reviews of this place we decided to give it a try. Well my family and I loved it. We ended up eating breakfast here 5 of the 6 days we were on vacation. The restaurant is 50's themed which is really awesome. Their pancakes, cinnamon roll French toast and breakfast potatoes are delicious. Wish we had one in NJ. Definitely a must if in the Carlsbad area!!

1  Thank TFab326