Travelling from overseas we only had one night in San Diego. Instead of the usual downtown party scene, we opted for more of a resort where we could just hang out and relax. The experience we received was far different from anything we could have expected. Upon check-in I informed the staff that we were there to celebrate my wife's birthday. They were friendly enough to say "happy birthday," but in places like this, its not what you say, its what you do.
Our room was beautiful and had a great view overlooking the pool and surrounding area. Our standard room was the size of most suites at other hotels. Room included all the amenities you could think of including iPod player, free wifi, and stocked mini bar.
When we returned from dinner we were pleasantly surprised to find a complimentary bottle of champagne, a box of chocolates, and a nice note thanking us for staying at the hotel and wishing my wife a happy birthday. This was is what makes the Park Hyatt a Five Diamond Resort.
The spa is great, and the facilities are top notch. If you get a chance to spend an afternoon there, or even drop in for a morning steam its well worth the $20 daily fee.
The staff made all the difference from arrival, to the bar staff in the main lobby. Unfortunately upon check-out we encountered a very rude and unfriendly valet cashier named Jimmy who left a lasting impression that was not positive. Only reason I mention it is because people like this can damage the reputation of such a fabulous staff. Forget about Jimmy...everyone else was AWESOME!
We will come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On California’s sun-drenched Pacific coast, in the seaside community of Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort lies on the north shore of Batiquitos Lagoon – a vast protected wildlife sanctuary and an enclave of natural beauty. From atop the highest ridge, overlooking the ocean and the lagoon, the AAA Five Diamond San Diego resort provides a respite from the ordinary. Located amid 200 acres of verdant hillsides and rolling valleys, within the master-planned community of Aviara, our North San Diego luxury hotel and resort provides an appealing setting for any function. The resort’s Spanish colonial architecture welcomes with a sense of casual elegance. Each of the 329 spacious guest rooms – including 44 suites – features a private balcony or landscaped terrace offering magnificent views. Expansive facilities for meetings and special events are enhanced by complete resort amenities, from acclaimed dining to a full-service spa, swimming, tennis, a fitness center and an Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and TravelUp so you can book your Park Hyatt Aviara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Carlsbad
- Aviara Resort
- Carlsbad Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Aviara