We stayed at the Park Hyatt Aviara in Carlsbad in November-December 2013 for celebrating our wedding anniversary. The service was very friendly and respectful. The airline had delayed our bags because it was around Thanksgiving time -- the hotel staff were really helpful when they found out about this. They gave us all kinds of free toiletries and grooming things so we could get ready. The staff at the front desk, at the bell desk, and at the breakfast restaurant remembered us by name. They gave us a bottle of wine and a plate of chocolate-dipped strawberries on the day of our anniversary, which was a lovely touch.
The food at the breakfast buffet was awesome. A just big enough spread that you could taste everything but not overwhelmingly huge. Everything was delicious. I was in love with their almond croissants. On our anniversary night, we had dinner at their signature Italian restaurant Vivace, which was pretty good. They gave us a nice table by the fireplace, which was romantic.
The room was nice too. From our balcony, we had a view of their golf course and behind it was a lagoon and we could see the ocean on the right side.
We had booked a "stay 3, pay 2" offer from Amex Platinum, but they didn't know this on checkout. After I got home, I had to call Park Hyatt and email them my original reservation confirmation from Amex to get them to take off the charge for the 3rd night, which they did. So, I'm glad they fixed it, and that is why this is a 5-star review.
This resort has a very relaxing feel and if I'm ever celebrating something again in SoCal, I'd love to go back to this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On California’s sun-drenched Pacific coast, in the seaside community of Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort lies on the north shore of Batiquitos Lagoon – a vast protected wildlife sanctuary and an enclave of natural beauty. From atop the highest ridge, overlooking the ocean and the lagoon, the AAA Five Diamond San Diego resort provides a respite from the ordinary. Located amid 200 acres of verdant hillsides and rolling valleys, within the master-planned community of Aviara, our North San Diego luxury hotel and resort provides an appealing setting for any function. The resort’s Spanish colonial architecture welcomes with a sense of casual elegance. Each of the 329 spacious guest rooms – including 44 suites – features a private balcony or landscaped terrace offering magnificent views. Expansive facilities for meetings and special events are enhanced by complete resort amenities, from acclaimed dining to a full-service spa, swimming, tennis, a fitness center and an Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Park Hyatt Aviara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Carlsbad
- Aviara Resort
- Carlsbad Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Aviara