We just finished an amazing stay at the Park Hyatt this month. The entire staff at the hotel were very friendly and made my children feel like they were royalty. When we first arrived one person delivered and unloaded our bags, another made up the pull out sofa bed, another briefed us on all of the activities they have for kids.
The daily buffet breakfast was amazing--we are going to miss their fresh squeezed juice of the day, amazing pastries, house made granola and vanilla bean yogurt, some of the best pancakes I have ever had. The breakfast is expensive--but was free for 4 adults (I am a Hyatt Diamond).
My kids loved the pools, the croquet, playground, game room, and other facilities. The hotel was a very peaceful oasis for us--was very nice to come back to after busy days at Seaworld, the Zoo, and the Safari Park. The hotel is also very close to Legoland--we made a quick stop there and couldn't imagine staying at the Legoland Hotel--it was very chaotic.
I am also a runner and was very glad to find they had mapped out some local running paths--through quiet neighborhoods and through a park along the lagoon.
I also stayed at the hotel and worked a few days during our stay--the Wifi was fine and it was very nice to work on one of the two balconies our suite had.
Great stay in the San Diego area for families--it was a 30 minute drive to many of the parks--but we thought it was well worth the drive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On California’s sun-drenched Pacific coast, in the seaside community of Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort lies on the north shore of Batiquitos Lagoon – a vast protected wildlife sanctuary and an enclave of natural beauty. From atop the highest ridge, overlooking the ocean and the lagoon, the AAA Five Diamond San Diego resort provides a respite from the ordinary. Located amid 200 acres of verdant hillsides and rolling valleys, within the master-planned community of Aviara, our North San Diego luxury hotel and resort provides an appealing setting for any function. The resort’s Spanish colonial architecture welcomes with a sense of casual elegance. Each of the 329 spacious guest rooms – including 44 suites – features a private balcony or landscaped terrace offering magnificent views. Expansive facilities for meetings and special events are enhanced by complete resort amenities, from acclaimed dining to a full-service spa, swimming, tennis, a fitness center and an Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Park Hyatt Aviara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Carlsbad
- Aviara Resort
- Carlsbad Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Aviara