Park Hyatt Aviara Resort
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
US$299
Official Site
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$163
US$140
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$164
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$208
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$241
  • Pool
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$220
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$359
Official Website
2,102 results
All reviewsfour seasonsgolf coursecalifornia bistrolobby loungetranquility poolbatiquitos lagoonadult poolfamily poolturn down servicebeautiful hotelvideo gamespool stafftennis courtsplay golfair hockeybreakfast buffet isrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Service with 10 stars, they make you feel so welcome, the hotel is like a dream. Everything you can dream is there and they take care of everything for you. We were getting ready for dinner on Friday night and started to hear a violin playing. There was a violin player standing all alone in the middle of a huge court yard playing beautifully. With the view and the lush garden it was like I was in heaven, such great touches

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkHyattAviara, Manager at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

We are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations, and that you enjoyed our sunset serenade violinist. If we may be of future assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your kind review, and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for three nights recently. Found it to be extremely disappointing, especially given how wonderful the other Park Hyatt hotels are.

Biggest issue is that the hotel charges $35 a day for valet parking (with no self-parking option available) and $25 a day for resort fees. They can charge whatever they want, and I was aware of the charges when I made my reservation, but I expect the fees to be worth it, you know? I was surprised, then, when the valet returned my car one morning and left a can of soda sitting in the backseat. Or when I went to the jacuzzi in the middle of the afternoon and found one covered in bugs and the other refusing to turn on.

There were other issues in the room. Many solid fixtures (the swing lock on the front door, the sliding lock on the balcony door, the phone in the bathroom come to mind) were coming off of their hinges like loose teeth. I turned the television on during the first day of my stay and it was badly pixellated to the point that I had to call to have someone fix the wires behind the TV. The next day, the TV just shut off for a half hour without warning before turning back on, again without explanation. I was told that they're replacing the TVs in three months, which seems fair, because the TV also wasn't even an HD television, which seems incredible for a five-star resort in 2014. There were three phones in the room, and one didn't get a dial tone (with no clear path to a missing phone line), while the buttons on the receiver didn't work for the second one.

Mentioned several of these issues (soda in car, jacuzzi, TV) to the front desk at checkout. Was told that they would let management know with the sort of casualness that suggests they hear about these complaints a lot.

This property could be good. The service was mostly very good (if obviously desperate for tips). The grounds are very pretty. The rooms themselves are spacious. But there's clearly a serious lack of investment in the property since Hyatt began to manage it, and it's hard to imagine that's suddenly going to change. This is leagues below a Park Hyatt, and it was one of the more disappointing hotel stays I've had in recent memory.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank latrell1
ParkHyattAviara, Manager at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time at many Park Hyatt properties, and your patronage is very much appreciated. We are, however, disappointed that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit. We expect to introduce new televisions in our guestrooms in the near future, in addition to other property improvements. We truly have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a most memorable experience.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a 4 night stay in a park view suite. Firstly, every member of staff was excellent, polite and friendly and helpful, they couldn't be faulted. The suite was spacious, nicely appointed with a very comfortable bed, large bathroom, two nice balconies overlooking the pool area and a sitting room separated from the bedroom by a large mirrored door. The pools and facilities are first rate and we enjoyed them, being from UK we were in the pool when the staff were in fleeces and long trousers saying how cold it was- not to us! We didn't use the hotel restaurants, we preferred to drive out, there are many choices within a few miles and a fairly short drive. However, the valet situation is annoying. It is compulsory, at $35 /night, and of course means a call and a wait whenever you want to go out. The valets were efficient and helpful, but please make self parking a choice, there are many of us capable of walking to and from a car park , enabling things to be kept in the car and retrieved easily and making drives out an easier experience. Other than that and the $25 'resort fee' ( presumably for the wifi) we loved the Hyatt.

Room Tip: High floor, park view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paul b

Thank you for your kind compliments, Paul. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that the staff made a genuine connection with you during your visit. The next time we can share San Diego sunshine, please do not hesitate to reach out. It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed here at least once a year for the last 4 years or so. Last time I reviewed this property I gave it 5 stars. This time I am moving it down to 4 stars.

The property is gorgeous, and has great views. Overall it is a very nice place to stay, and I would come here with my family if I was in Carlsbad for any reason. I really like this hotel.

So why the downgrade? Well a couple of things, one the overall cleanliness of the property was down a little. It just wasn't as immaculate as last time I was there. (in their defence I did see people vacuuming inside of chandeliers and cleaning carpets) But overall it just felt slightly beat up compared to before.

We were there on business with a conference. This is part of why I am downgrading as well, the set-up staff had roughly about a 30min to 1 hour response time for any request. As you know that is not good when trying to set-up or run a meeting. Several of the housemen were very gruff and short and by no stretch pleasant to work with. Not all of them mind you, just a couple.

Overall I recommend this hotel stil, it is just not as good as when it was the four seasons previously....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Your feedback is much appreciated, Clyde. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed many return stays to Aviara - Carlsbad is a beautiful destination for the family. With that said, we are disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to show you that we are better. Please do not hesitate to reach out if we may be of any assistance. We would love to welcome you back!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We just did a quick overnight stay, enjoying the day hanging out at the pool. The water was a little cool, but the weather was warm, so we adjusted to the temperature quickly. It was not very busy, so staff service was excellent everywhere. We ate lunch by the pool - the fish tacos were scrumptious, the ahi wrap was decent although only if you like mango. We had room service for dinner - shrimp quesadilla was also very scrumptious! I thought prices were reasonable for the quality of food. The room was a good size, nice layout, the bathroom could have had a different layout to accommodate a larger shower, though. We loved the illy espresso machine in the room, very nice touch! Yes, the valet took some time to retrieve our car, but other than that, we really enjoyed our stay. We've stayed at a Four Seasons before, and I think the Aviara held very similar standards. Hopefully we'll be able to check out the spa on our next visit!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkHyattAviara, Manager at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Your kind comments are very much appreciated. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the pool and that our restaurant exceeded your expectations. It is also great to hear that you loved the illy espresso machines - we agree that they are a wonderful way to start the day! If we may be of any assistance with a return visit, please don't hesitate to reach out. It would be our pleasure to see you again and arrange a spa ritual for you!