“Amazing customer service”

Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My visit was for business, but the entire staff made me feel at home. They were all very nice and gave great recommendations for the local area. The Bistro manager Alex and staff were awesome as well serving me every morning and most evenings. Cory the front desk advisor was there to greet me when I first came in and as well my last day leaving. Eliza in Sales was by the best in the hotel giving me most of my recommendations and conversing with me while I was on business only making my visit very pleasant being away from home. She went out of my way to make sure my stay was excellent and greeted me with a smile every time!! I would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: get a room that that has a balcony or walks out into the spa area
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Trent S, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

BrianC5786,

Thank you for the great review! We are pleased that we made your stay pleasant while away from home. We especially appreciate you recognizing so many of our staff members. I am thrilled that Alex and the Bistro crew were awesome and that Cory and Eliza delivered memorable service. We will definitely share your comments with them and I can assure you that it will bring more smiles to all of our associates.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is the best place to stay in Carlsbad especially if you plan a weekend going to Legoland. Right by a bunch of restaurants and so close to Legoland, it was extremely convenient. The staff and management were so attentive they made us feel so welcome.We will definitely be back during our annual trip to Carlsbad.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Trent S, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Andre R,

Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased that you found our location convenient to Legoland and so many dining options. Most of all, we are happy that our staff and management made you feel so welcome.

We are excited to be your hotel of choice when returning to Carlsbad every year. A bi-annual trip sounds even better! Either way, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmly,

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Was here with a business group. Breakfast was set up in a separate room for us. Oatmeal was very runny and not warm the first day. Hotel was updated and clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was clean except for coffee pot and old coffee bag left in from previous guest. Refrigerator in room. Vanity area very small. Pool area looked very nice. Exercise room very small, 2 treadmills and an elliptical a few weights. Good location about 1.5 miles from grocery and restaurants and freeway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Trent S, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

eabarrdvm,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. First, thank you for bringing the breakfast and housekeeping issues to our attention. We constantly strive for excellence and welcome feedback when we do not achieve that. I have shared these comments with our staff to prevent a repeat of them in the future.

Thank you for also bringing up the positive aspects of your stay. We are happy that you found our location and pool area appealing. Most of all, thank you for recognizing our staff. Being friendly and helpful is what we live. It is great that you recognized us for those efforts.

We hope to see you soon. We will keep the oatmeal warm for your next visit!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My GPS sent me in the wrong direction and I wound up in the office park down the hill. I turned around and saw the signage at the top of the hill. Once I found it though, I loved the quiet atmosphere of the property and the newly renovated rooms with mini fridges. It's conveniently located near the Palomar-McClellan airport, the Carlsbad outlet mall, restaurants , Legoland and the beach. This property has a nice lounge and a nice pool area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Trent S, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

whiningyapper,

Thank you for the review! We are pleased that you enjoyed our quiet location, after the GPS led you astray. We have been working with the various providers of the GPS location but it can be hard to convince them that they are not accurate. Feedback from our guests will help us make our case for them to review it further.

Thank you for pointing out the newly renovated rooms and that we are close to many destinations. It is great that you also pointed out our pool and lounge areas. They are great for working and relaxing.

Again, thank you for the review. We look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Warmly,

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed here for a friends beach trip and had a blast. Great location, service, and cleanliness. I would highly recommend this hotel. Dallas King was the gentlemen that helped me and he was helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable about the local area and fun things to do.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Trent S, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Brian C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your recommendation of our hotel. It is great that Dallas was able to help you with his local knowledge, enhancing your experience with us. We appreciate you pointing out the location and cleanliness as well. While we are tucked away a bit,we are still close to many of the major attractions.

Thank you for choosing us. We look forward to your next beach trip!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was super friendly. They put fresh baked cookies out every afternoon at the front desk and they were delicious. They have a cute little cafe with surprisingly good food at good prices. They had a happy hour special on chicken wings that were 12 wings for $10 and they were some of the best wings I have ever had. The hotel is quiet but it is also in a business park so there is no action going on. You need a car. Parking is free!!!! My only complaint - the towels were ridiculously thin. For a 3 star hotel the towels were 1 star hotel quality. The room was quite large with lots of extra seating area and a big desk to work at. There was also a mini fridge.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Trent S, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

viajandomama,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! As a senior contributor, we know you have an eye for detail. We are pleased that you enjoyed some great wings at our Bistro and topped them off with some cookies! Thank you for pointing out our tucked away location with free parking. Sometimes it is good to be away from the busy areas but still close enough to everything.

Thank you for bringing the towels to our attention. We actually just ordered a significant amount of new towels so your next visit should be perfect.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Our hotel stay here was perfect. The bistro had great food (we dined there for dinner and breakfast), all the staff we met were very accommodating and friendly, and I have no complaints about our rooms. We stayed in two different rooms while there and each one was set up well. I am always disappointed in rooms that waste space and are cramped. This hotel is perfect if you are going to Legoland and it is close enough to other towns and San Diego to not be a hassle to get places. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Monchichi80,

Thank you for the review. As a senior contributor on TripAdvisor, we can tell that you you have an eye for detail. It is always great to have feedback and hearing that your stay was perfect is fantastic to hear. We are pleased that you enjoyed our Bistro food and central location.

Most of all, thank you for recognizing our staff. They love to hear compliments so I cant wait to share this with them!

We look forward to your next visit to San Diego for LegoLand, the Zoo, or one of our great beaches. Our friendly staff will be here when you return.