“Can't get better customer Service!!!!”

Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Can't get better customer service anywhere else!! The General Manager Trent Selbrede goes above and beyond to make sure that every guest is completely satisfied with their stay!! We have stayed here two times and there will be many to follow!!!!! Great location, close to beach! Great price too! Nice clean rooms beds are really comfortable!, nice pool & gym, plenty of towels as well! This by far is my favorite Marriott I've stayed at! Has a nice little bar down stairs too and breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sanglin
Trent S, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

sanglin,

Thank you for the review and the kind words about me but I must defer the credit to my team. They are the ones that really make things happen such as the clean room and the pool area with plenty of towels. At the end of the day, we are just pleased that we have earned a loyal customer and that you will continue to come back in the future.

The fact that you return is what is important and adding in a positive review is a big bonus for us. Thank you for taking the time to do so!

We cant wait to welcome you back soon. Travel Safe!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked my hotel for one night and picked the location since I had wanted to be fairly close to the San Diego Safari Park and to be also to be close to the 5 freeway. It was easy to find and close to shopping and food if you have a car. I know the hotel has a shuttle that runs but I don’t know where it heads since I drove to this hotel. The hotel is close to the Palomar/Carlsbad airport and to the Carlsbad Outlets.

Parking is free which is always a huge plus for me and the hotel was holding a movie night the night that we had arrived. I had booked a two bed room and the beds were extremely comfortable and check-in was easy. The room size was big enough for the both of us with our carry on sized suitcases.
The air conditioning and water pressure worked well. I didn’t even get to use the hotel internet (which was free though), and I didn’t see the workout room or pools. I really did just use the hotel for showering and sleeping.

The staff was welcoming and there is even a bistro in the lobby to grab food and drinks quickly. The night we stayed, there were a lot of children running around and it was to be expected because this hotel is very close to Legoland. I didn’t hear them running around very much though which means that the hotel walls were decently insulated.

I had actually had a horrible experience with a Courtyard in the past and had always been hesitant to stay at another one. The price for the night in this hotel was decent and I decided to give this chain another try and I’m actually glad I did. This hotel is decently priced and with the amenities offered, I say give it a chance to surprise you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LilPiggyQT
Geoff W, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

LilPiggyQT,

It always makes us super happy to get recognition from a senior contributor such as yourself. As you mentioned our location is central for many attractions in San Diego. I see you mentioned our shuttle in the review and mentioned you didn't know where it went since you drove. Just as an FYI we use our shuttle to take corporate guests to work during the week, as we are close to many businesses as well as shopping and beaches.

It sounds like you had a busy trip and I'm glad the rooms met your needs for getting a good nights rest. You'll have to come visit again and spend some time at the pool.

Movie night is one of my favorite things we do at our hotel. As you mentioned our proximity to Legoland attracts lots of families, and we like to have something for the kids to do in the evening, and the movie night has always been a hit.

Thank you for recognizing our Bistro staff. all of us here try and go out of our way to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. We love what we do, and I feel it shows.

We're thrilled to have won you back over, and we hope you come back to visit real soon.

Respectfully,

Geoff W
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have not normally stayed at Courtyards, but this one was really nice. It has a great lobby area, with a Starbucks, and a large lounge area, where we watched some World Cup Soccer. The pool area is a very decent size, with a cabana next to it and plenty of seating. We had a room on the first floor with a walk-in screen door which took us right to the pool. (Very convenient). The rooms looked new, not sure if they were recently renovated, and the size of the room was fine. My family liked this place very much and so did I. There is a gas station down the intersection off Palomar, and there are plenty of places to eat within a mile of this place. It seemed a little isolated, but we liked that as well. Plenty of parking, overall we had a nice weekend and would definitely return to this place.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room, pool side, and it was great and convenient, especially with kids.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FredPT
Geoff W, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear FredPT,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our lobby area is one of my favorite things about our property and I am glad to hear you were able to take advantage of it. There's no reason to stay cooped up in the room with a lobby so nice and inviting.

I too enjoy the first floor rooms for easy access to the pool area. You have a good eye for detail because in fact we did just complete a remodel about a year ago, hence the new look of the rooms.

It's great that the whole family enjoyed the stay, and I hope you come visit us again very soon.

Geoff Waddell
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and the kids loved it. We loved it.
Pool was warm and clean.
The room was comfortable and clean.The food was good and the servers very accommodating.
All staff attentive and helpfull.
Even gave is a list of restaurants that delivers, in case we wanted something they did not offer. PC's in lobby. Nice sitting areas inside and out.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank csliforniatripping
Trent S, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

csliforniatripping,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Carlsbad.

We are pleased that you found room comfortable and our Bistro accommodating and good. The staff being attentive and helpful is our most important goal.

It is great that you both the adults and kids loved the trip. Being able to check email on a lobby PC or escape to one of our relaxing areas helps make for a great weekend.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Everything you would expect from a Marriott. Pool and hot tub were relaxing. Lots of outdoor seating in sun and shade. Hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. Nothing within walking distance, but lots nearby.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Trent S, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

LHPUSAviaOki,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that we met your expectations and that you were able to enjoy our great Carlsbad weather! Our outdoor seating definitely provides some great options to relax and recharge. It is true that most restaurants and shopping are just a short drive, but that also contributes to our tranquil environment. Thank you for pointing that out!

Most of all, thank you for the kind words about our staff. They truly are very friendly and we appreciate you pointing that out.

Safe travels!

Respectfully,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Love the location of this hotel, very quiet and professional. Nice clean lobby, excellent rooms. Extremely friendly and professional customer service. My experience was phenomenal!

Oh and the free cookies.. (:

Definitely recommend staying at this fine establishment to anyone out there.

• Stayed: June 2014
Trent S, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Cody G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay!I am pleased that you enjoyed the location, lobby, and rooms. The cookies are delicious treats. We are glad that you liked them!

Most of all, thank you for pointing out the friendly and professional service. Having a phenomenal experience and recommending us to others is a great compliment. I will definitely share your comments with our staff. Thank you for that!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard overnight when visiting Carlsbad for a job interview. On the outside, the hotel is very well-kept. Clean & bright. The lobby was spotless & inviting as well. I was greeted with a cookie & prompt & fast service (always appreciated after being on a plane for 3 hours & jet-lagged by 2 hours!) I was even given a coupon for a free breakfast from the "Bistro" located on the other side of the lobby. They have a BEAUTIFUL sitting area with a fireplace, large screen television & Satellite TV. Oh yeah....this is still in the LOBBY. My room was very clean overall & I was lucky enough to have a balcony room with a view & since it's Carlsbad, the sunset was gorgeous. Back to the room. If I HAD to nitpick, there was hair on my shower wall, my toilet seat & a long hair on my coffee table in the sitting area. I would advise making sure there wasn't any hair in the room, as it can make the guest wary of anymore hairs lurking in the room. But again....for me, it wasn't a deal-breaker. Also, I had to go back to the lobby & ask for menus for local food spots & the bistro. At the very least, I would suggest menus to the in-house restaurant available upon check-in. I will definitely recommend the Courtyard to my friends & family & I look forward to visiting again!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room on a higher floor so you can see over the trees & soak in some sun!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Trent S, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

David D,

Thank you for the review. I hope the job interview went well and we will be seeing you back again soon for orientation! It is great that you found the hotel in great condition and we were prompt in getting you checked in with a fresh cookie! The balcony rooms definitely are a nice plus with our near perfect San Diego weather. They lobby is a great place to hang out with the Bistro, TVs, and fireplace.

Thank you for the feedback on housekeeping and the menus. We will definitely share this with our staff and make necessary adjustments.

Thank you for your recommendations to friends and family. It is one thing for you to enjoy your stay and another to share your experience with others. That is awesome!

Safe travels,