Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmarriott courtyardtypical courtyardbistro areabistro stafffront deskgreat hotelquiet areawould stay here againbusiness tripone night staystayed here for nightsvisiting legolandshort driveconvenient locationlego landpool and hot tubsan diego
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2011

The front desk staff Mr. Archie went extra miles to find us two connecting rooms. He did not even charge us extra since one of the room has Jacuzzi. It turned out the motor of the Jacuzzi did not work, but it did not matter since having the connecting rooms was what we need so kids could roam between rooms. The Jacuzzi and swimming pool were very accessible to us anyway. My daughter still remembered Hyatt's pool as being the coldest pool in the world (her world anyway), and was hesitant to get in the pool. After she finally jumped in, she was so happy with the water temperature and we had a hard time getting her out.
I got the AAA deal for under $80 per room plus free breakfast. I was totally surprised when I saw the breakfast. This is definitely way better than the free continental breakfast that I have seen anywhere else. Besides the regular cereal, yogurt, toast, they also had fresh fruit, waffle, hot food (sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs) and made to order omelettes.
There were issues such as the next door neighbors partied until 2AM, but I am not sure what a hotel can do about it. We stayed close to an entrance, and the late arrivals sometimes slammde the door.
All in all, I feel I have got my money worth. If I am able to get the same deal again, I will no doubt stay in this place again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jiangchu
Reviewed 23 November 2010

We definitely would stay here again. We have stayed at the Sheraton Carlsbad (the one with the private entrance to Legoland) and we have stayed here. I would definitely stay here again for the money. The shuttle from the hotel took us to Legoland and picked us up- only a 5 minute wait going and the shuttle was waiting for us to take us back (after we called the hotel). The hotel was clean and a good value. The front desk clerk actually asked me my preference of rooms when I checked in..imagine that. Our 4 year old was asleep by the time we pulled up to check in so the front desk clerk was very accomodating (making sure we had a room close to parking access to get our son in the room comfortably without waking him). All the staff were very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. It was a great stay! By the way my husband played golf at The Crossings- loved it. It is about a block away from the hotel. Only recommendation is that my google directions stated to turn left onto Owens it is actually a RIGHT. The hotel also has a little trail "Bud Lewis" that is behind the pool area and leads to a little park with benches- great for a picnic if good weather.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2010

The hotel was clean and safe and meets all the basic requirements for business travel. There's no wi-fi (or if there was, it didn't reach to my room) and I didn't partake of the $11.95 breakfast buffet, but there was a nice bowl of apples at the front desk and a small shop to buy food items. Check-in was fast, and the staff was pleasant. All in all, a fine experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Sims722
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Just stayed one night due to a water problem at my daughters' place. Room was clean and it had water. I was so tired I would have slept in a chair in the lobby. Seemed like a nice place. Can't rate the amenities as I didn't use them.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2010

A decent place to stay - a bit nicer than what I expected - service was good. Breakfasts had plenty of choices - quiet, nice pool