“I brought my Grandson from Kentucky to go to Legoland”

HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Glendale, Arizona
“I brought my Grandson from Kentucky to go to Legoland”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The people who work the desk and the shuttle service were very helpful and friendly. Also the people that were in the dinning room were very polite. The breakfast and the afternoon meal were very good and also well serve. I didn't use the kitchen in our room. We were gone at lunch.
Having the shuttle service to LEGOLAND was very helpful so I didn't have to drive, since I had just driven from Phoenix, Arizona

Room Tip: I not sure which side I was on my room # 211 it was very quiet. I didn't notice any A/C unit no...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Free breakfast - awesome coffee bar
Free Afternoon snacks (M to Th) - free beer and wine
Shuttle service are quick - awesome service, car seats are available
Room is clean and nice. Full kitchen with appliances
Cable TV with HBO
Free Internet
Heated Pool

Room Tip: If you travel with baby/toddler/kid when using the shuttle, please let the phone operator know. They...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Granada Hills, CA
Reviewed 8 April 2013

It's located down the road from Legoland! It's wonderful for families! Kitchen in the room with cleanliness and new appliances! Very Nicely decorated! Staff was helpful. Offer of breakfast and happy hour with appetizers is a plus!! I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
Solana Beach, California
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed longer than we expected but the staff made our stay welcoming. From the front desk, management, housekeeping and especially Jessica and German in the lounge. You can't beat that kind of "know your name and beverage choice" everytime you are in the lounge kind of service. We will stay at the Hyatt House in Carlsbad when traveling because of the accommodations but especially because of the five star service. Sign up for the Hyatt points- It is worth it!!
Tony Vela

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
john208, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Dear valued guest:

Thank you again for choosing Hyatt House Carlsbad. We appreciate you staying with us and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back to visit us. We strive to always be sure each and every guest is taken care of.

Thank you again for your time.

John Saunders
760.929.8200 x404
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed here as a base for Legoland and San Diego attractions. Great location and overall good value. Suites are roomy and have full kitchens so are ideal for travelling with young children. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the complimentary breakfast was great and my kids really enjoyed the pool, which was pretty warm. However, the king bed we had was so uncomfortable that my husband had to resort to sleeping on the couch. The housekeeping was quite poor and we found our room to be very noisy - it was on the ground floor so I would recommend trying to get an upper floor room to eliminate that.

Room Tip: Avoid ground level rooms due to noise.
Dear valued guest:
Thank you again for choosing Hyatt House Carlsbad. We are sorry to hear that the bed was un-comfortable. We always strive to be sure each and every guest is taken care of. We will look into that room. We do hope you will give us another chance when you’re in this area. Thank you again for your time.

John Saunders
760.929.8200 x404
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. It's in a great location, only 5 minutes from Legoland and 10 seconds from the I-5 freeway. Even with being so close to the freeway, I never heard any traffic noise.

The front desk staff were tremendous. They always had a smile and answered any question we had. They gave us directions to the nearest grocery store and other area attractions. The hotel offers a shuttle to Legoland, which we used and was both convenient and speedy.

We stayed in the King suite which was perfect for our family of 4. The kids slept on the sofa bed, which had a built in lounge so it was like they had separate beds. The room had a big kitchen, with anything you might need to cook. We didn't cook much, but it was great having the toaster and microwave, as well as a full sized fridge and freezer. There was a king bed for me and my husband, as well as a nice size bathroom with tub/shower. The king bed was in a real separate room with a door, so my husband and I could watch TV will the kids slept.

The pool was nice and heated. The kids played in it for an hour, while I sat in the hot tub. There were plenty of towels available by the pool.

There was a free hot breakfast buffet every day. The choices changed slightly from day to day, including eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, waffles, pancakes, juice, coffee, cereals, bagels and toast. The food was fine, much like most buffet food. The staff was quick to replace anything that ran low. We never had an issue finding a place to sit, but I could see the space filling up quickly during high season. They also had an evening social where they provided light fare. Nachos, potato skins, and pizza were available as well as salad, crackers and drinks.

Parking was never a problem and the grounds were clean and well manicured. The whole hotel was clean and well kept.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again. If I had one criticism, it would be that we had 4 people in our room and they only gave us 3 towels. One call got us the extra towel, but we had to it 2 days in a row. By far not a big deal for us as they were very quick in getting us the extra towel.

Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Clean and comfortable.
The complimentary conti breakfast as well as daily snack hour is decent.
They have complimentary wifi and shuttle service which is awesome!
Free parking and pool are bonus!
I would recommend staying here (kid friendly).

• Stayed March 2013