“Poor Customer service”

HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The property its well maintain, and the rooms smelled clean and were functional.
However , the staff were rude and unprofessional.
You can hear the train all night long, people on the pool yelling and unattended kids running on the hallways late at night.Overall the experience was bad.
As a Hyatt frequent guest ,wont recommend to stay in this Hotel.
Management should give" Hospitality" training to the staff.

Room Tip: Not sure if you pic one side you have the highway, the other side you can hear the train horn.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank N2dd
john208, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear valued guest:

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 760.929.8200 x404

John Saunders

Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Hotel is okay it's on a great location but had a difficult time getting enough towels for showers in the room. It has a nice free breakfast and happy hour in the evening. Good for kids but they do not tell u that the train runs by all night! It's a good value though!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My bride and I stayed here for a few days while we visited our son at Camp Pendleton. The Hyatt House is a nice hotel in a great location. It is within walking distance to the beach, restaurants, and shopping. Legoland is nearby and lots of families were staying at the hotel. That made the free breakfast an adventure. The staff is friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I had excellent stay at the hotel last week with my family. The hotel and its rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly and Briana at front desk is superb. The hotel has kitchen with full size fridge,dishwasher,microwave and utensils which was great. They have free breakfast and evening socials (Mon-Thur). I was not able to try the evening socials - appetizer with beverages but breakfast is good.It is very close to outlet mall, Costco, restaurants and has free shuttle to take you around. I never used it though.
Has free internet and parking. Very near to Legoland (around 1 mile).
Some people complained of train noise but never heard it. Very close to beach area. Had good walks to the beach in morning and evening.
It is good value for money. Highly recommend it and will be back if coming to San Diego/Carlsbad area.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I loved everything about this hotel. I just got back after 4 nights and I miss it! Everyone was very nice the shuttle service is great! The rooms are very clean. They have free breakfast (everyday) and dinner ( only Monday-thursday) The food and the service are great I just love this place. I can't wait to take another family vacation and stay here. The beds are very comfortable I didnt want to get up. I was worried about it being near a train station and freeway but I didnt hear anything at night. I slept so good (And I'm a light sleeper) No problems at all I fell in love with this place and they deserve EXCELLENT in everything. The location is ok not right in the middle of everything but the shuttle will take you and the beach is walking distance. It took us about 10mins or less (with my 2yr old) to get to the beach. Thank you Hyatt House for making our Vacation AWESOME! :) Oh and the rooms have a full kitchen which helps when you're staying for more then one or two nights and if you have children.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

The staff is so helpful, friendly and we were thrilled with what was included with our room - Kitchen in room with full fridge, dishwasher, microwave, free breakfast, free "light" appetizers/drinks at happy hour that amounted to dinner for our family, free wi-fi & free shuttle service w/in 5 miles. It was near the freeway but that didn't bother us, no noise problem. Very close to beach, Legoland. Place was clean, near attractions, very pleased. Will definitely go back there again .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KrisinFlag
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I got a super deal from Hotwire for $89/night. All rooms included free parking, free wifi, free breakfast, free happy hour appys mon-thurs and a full mini kitchenette complete with 2 burners. I requested a room on the top floor (3rd) and the friendly staff was able to accommodate. The rooms were very clean and spacious. It came with a sectional couch and a nice counter space for my laptop. Breakfast was decent and included hot items like eggs/sausages and starbucks brewed coffee. Happy hour is between 5:30-7 on Mon-Thurs which provided snacks as well as sodas or beer. I came with my wife and 2 small kids so the kitchenette was a huge bonus for us. Legoland and the Carlsbad Premium Outlets is literally a few minutes away just on the otherside of the freeway. They even offer a complimentary shuttle to/from Legoland complete with car seats if requested. The commuter train passes by fairly frequently but we honestly never even heard it from our room. I will definitely stay here again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family