“A lush resort setting with very attentive service”

Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Paris, France
“A lush resort setting with very attentive service”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The best thing about Aviara is the service--daily maid service, the service at the pool, the shuttles that get you here and there within the grounds, the concierge service, etc. The setting is like a fabulous botanical garden, all quite well maintained. Villas are nicely situated though some locations are better than others --have stayed as guests of timeshare owners before. There are good places to walk nearby, places to eat out if you get in a car. The Hyatt hotel on the grounds has good breakfast if you want to eat out for that.
Would be great with kids and families. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jemmapes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
San Ramon
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My friend and I stayed for 2 days and it was very beautiful. The Workout facility was awesome! The rooms are nice but could be a bit updated. Great Customer Service and the Management were awesome and tended to our needs at the drop of our hat. They had chocolate strawberries and thank cards ready in our room upon arrival. It just kept getting better, every time we left our room we had a personalized card and goodies. Very Clean and Housekeeping did not make you wait for extras. I never forget the fun we had.

Room Tip: Get a newer room not by the housekeeping supply storage.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pam F
laguna niguel ca
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We certainly enjoyed our 1 week vacation in this resort!!!! Everything was perfect!!!! We plan
to stay here again in the near future. The view from our villa was great and so were all the staff of the resort..

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cutie1016
New York
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This place is very cool, due to the staff. They often upgrade to the pond side but the balled hill is kind of like, "in your face". The food is ok nothing great but again the staff at this place are very nice yet professional... Hats off.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Anne J
Leslie888, Executive Administrator to Demi Ortega, General Manager at Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Ann J from New York,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your recent stay at Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality - especially the professionalism and freindliness of our staff. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Carlsbad, California!

Until then, all the best.

Demi Ortega
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I arrived in quite a messy state of mind to the Four Seasons - absolutely stressed, in a state of shock after a 22-hour travel and not quite expecting the news that greeted me before I even got off the flight to LAX. I wont get into the details, but rest assure, I was in a horrible state of mind. Arriving into the Four Seasons has probably been the best thing that happened to me during my 8 day stay there.

The front desk staff were kind, considerate of my situation and by the next morning, the manager was personally there to assist me in resolving my situation in a fantastic way. Furthermore, I do not recall HOW and WHEN I mentioned my 3 children, but I was amazed to find 3 gift personalised to their ages when I returned into the room the following day.

The property is impeccable, the customer service was warm & superior and I felt like a very special guest while staying with them. It felt like they looked after me like they were caring for family.Their housekeeping & room-service is so prompt that they were knocking at your door minutes after replacing the receiver with your request.

A fabulous place to stay - truly a home away from home!

Room Tip: I stayed in the block nearest to the lobby, and it was lovely - plus they have an on-site shuttle to...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Luvena R
LA, CA
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed here for a short 2 night weekend and it was fantastic. This was our second stay and I am sure that there will be many more in our future. We have twin boys who are 3 and it's so convenient to stay in a property with a full kitchen, dining room and 2 separate bathrooms so my husband and I can still enjoy ourselves after the boys go to sleep. The Four Seasons service was perfect as it always is. We only had in-suite dining but the food was great and service prompt. Next time we hope to spend some time in the pools - they looked fabulous!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kperk13
Virgnia
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed at the Four Seasons Residence Club for five nights while participating in a meeting at the Park Hyatt Aviara. The club's shuttle service to the hotel was fantastic, just press zero on your phone and request a ride to the hotel and a driver will pull up to your door within a few minutes. The valets at the Hyatt can call the Residence Club for your return ride back to your villa at any time.

The villa had all the amenities and touches of home that are usually lacking on travel, including fireplace that turns on with a flip of a switch, filtered water and ice on the front of the refrigerator, laundry machines in the unit with detergent and fabric softener, high quality cookware, china and cutlery, modern appliances and electronics (including a blue ray player), excellent stereo system, patio furniture with cushions, and more. The TV in the bedroom featured a DVR so you don't miss any favorite programs while away from home.

If you have a laptop and find the free wi-fi to be too slow, look for the plug in the back of the desk drawer to plug into the wall for faster internet. There is higher bandwidth wi-fi available for purchase on a daily basis.

I was surprised to discover that the the "powder room" is a full bathroom with glass door shower stall. All the rooms were very clean and the housekeepers visited daily, including taking away the trash and recycling.

While the in-villa dining menu is limited, the items ordered were delicious and delivered in a timely fashion.

When you check in, take advantage of luggage assistance so the person can explain features of the villa to you when you arrive to your villa, particularly the three-step unlock process for the sliding glass doors.

I have to dig deep to find any constructive criticism, the only thing I can think of is that the shower head in the master bathroom is lower than average so if you are tall you can tilt it up to spray across the shower stall and do your best to stand under the water.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so be sure to ask for street level if you can't (or don't want to) de...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business