“This motel has become known as a cheap place for the homeless crowd”

Motel 6 Carlsbad - Village
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 7 November 2012

although we have had other people stay here.. over the last two years it has increasingly been known more for the transient crowd then vacationers.. I would not ever recommend this to families or single women...
Not to be funny but I have seen a few more truckers stay here lately.. I would assume they are a bit more worldly..
Like all Motels the rooms are usually adequate but it is the atmosphere that is the biggest concern. You are across the street from the locals dive bar and then Dennys in the parking lot.. makes for the happening place anytime after 11...
Carlsbad does have some other inexpensive options.. dont let this be one of them...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Kendall H
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Carlsbad - Village

Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night passing thru on a budget and really liked it! Our room was very clean and the property was nicer than some of the other in the chain that I've stayed at. The location was also perfect, with walking distance to some great shops and restaurants! Would recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Rknrljunkie
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I have stayed at this property at a previous time and all was well between myself and management when I had checked out. A few days ago I had made a reservation to stay here again for another week. It took me most of the day to get to Carlsbad from Los Angeles on Metrolink. When I finally arrived at dusk at the aforementioned property, I was told that I was on a "NO RENT LIST". VERY SUSPICIOUS!!! Did they have a convention suddenly arrive and bump me from my room? (So unprofessional, were that the case.) Maybe it is the single female factor..."she can't protest, she's already so unimportant she's staying at a Motel 6!" How very powerfully amusing for them. Well me too! I'm reporting them on trip advisor. I hope that they are also STUNNED!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DeborahDevalued H
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I'm self-employed and travel frequently, so I'm often in need of a cheap room. More often than not, that means staying at a Motel 6. Their quality can vary from location to location, however, and I'm always a little hesitant when I'm staying at one for the first time. Some are not in the safest locations, and some are in pretty serious disrepair.

I'm happy to report that this is one of the good ones. In fact, I've stayed at just about every Motel 6 from San Diego to Los Angeles, and the Carlsbad location is certainly in my top 3.

First of all, the location is perfect. Right next to a freeway, but only a few blocks from the ocean, and a beautiful little coastal town. There are plenty of food options around, including a Denny's and a Carl's Jr. practically in the parking lot. But, you are missing out if you don't travel a couple of blocks to little hole-in-the-wall simply called NY Pizza. As a former New Yorker, I can attest that this is the real deal, some of the best Italian food I've had on the West Coast. But I digress.

I found the room clean and comfortable, but it was the staff that really stood out. They were very friendly and attentive, even knocking on my door at one point to see if I would like some fresh towels. I was also allowed to check in a couple of hours before their stated check-in time, which is a rarity.

All in all, I can't recommend this location highly enough. A clean room at a great price in a wonderful little town.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Eric G
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Dirty room 104. Hair on the pillows, kinda yellowish stain on sheet, urine smell, i dont think it was cleanrd but that was the last room so we took it.

So we hat tospemd the night with traces of some darkhaired female befote us in the same bed lol... nasty experience. Will not stay in future.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank VinceLombard
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week in June 2012. The motel is clean, simple and basic. No frills. We paid $55.99 a night online. It is 4 blocks from the beach and loads of shopping, restaurants and bars within walking distance. It is right off highway 5. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dee2518
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Have stayed here numerous times. However, this time was disappointing. Although the room was clean, the motel was quite noisy. The first night someone was banging on our door at 2 a.m. The next morning a woman was getting arrested in the parking lot! The next night there was a large party of people hanging around on the grass outside our window in the middle of the night. Will not stay here again, as safety is my top concern.

Room Tip: Asking for a quiet room away from office and ice maker didn't get us what we wanted this time.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family