“Carlsbad, Ca Beach”

Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Carlsbad, Ca Beach”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Motel 6 did a nice job of renovating this motel. Plenty of ice for guests. Would have been nice to have a microwave, but other than that the 2 night stay was great. Front desk was helpful and the room (including bathroom) was very clean. You can walk to downtown and to the beach, but it isn't a short walk. I thought a little expensive for a motel 6, but probably cheaper than other places at this location.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from rooms close to the washer and dryer.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Len L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Napa, California
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We needed an inexpensive place to stay for 2 nights for a family wedding in Carlsbad and, relatively speaking, this motel is very affordable. Be prepared, though - no shampoo/conditioner/lotion, no blow dryer, no iron/ironing board. Standing outside the room, we could still hear the couple in the next room as the walls are very thin. Excellent location to downtown area allowed a short walk to restaurants and evening activities.

Room Tip: With the thin walls, a corner room may reduce noise from neighboring rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Veronica J
Toronto
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Ok, this is a basic motel. However relative to most properties in this price range (under $100 and less than a mile to the beach and a cute village) it delivers fantastic value. It is clean, with comfortable beds and a few boutiquey touches such as bright bedspreads. The only thing that annoyed me was the lack of a bathroom countertop (just a sink so no room to spread out my stuff). It is fine as an inexpensive base for exploring the area. I'd stay there again if I wanted to save money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VictoriaToronto
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Cheapest rates in Carlsbad village it has been recently remodeled. It was livable for a couple of nights. Clean but basic with a Dennys across the parking lot it satisfied a need. Weekends can be a bit lively as party goers frequent this motel to avoid driving home. All in all I enjoyed my stay for its central location. One word of warning though is it's 100% pet friendly so Fido is allowed on all the rooms. For dog people we don't mind but for you strange folk who don't like animals it's something to consider

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank sirkevin1967
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here a few weeks back after the Motel 6 on Palomar Airport messed up so badly. I had seen that this property had been remodeled, so I find for about a year or two, they are good to stay at.

I found the front desk folks to all be delightful and NICE. The room was actually cute and clean. I often stay at Motel 6 due to having dogs in tow. This was a wonderful stay for the money. If you belong to AARP...yep, us older farts...make sure you get the 10% discount, free WIFI and late check out!!!

Room Tip: I would suggest if you want quiet and not be with the rather eclectic group that always are there lo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Barbara J
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 17 March 2014

They do have cheap rates, the rooms are remodeled, and clean for the most part. I also liked the location, and it had parking. They also have HBO, and a flat screen. It's also located next to food, and a variety of restraunts, café, food stores, and bars/ liquor stores. The beach is also in walking distance. There are a lot more things I didn't like though. The phones don't work in the rooms. A lot of the lights are burned out in the rooms. There is a lot of freeway noise. Some of the staff have attitude problems, and come off real rude. Also the door broke, battery in machine that scans card to allow entrance had an error. I was locked out of my room for 5 hours, with all my personal belongings in the room. They did give me a free night for that, and 20.00 for dinner, and I ended up getting in my room, so I actually scored. Also one of the nights an African American man started beating up these three girls, and broke one of the girls noses. Then took off on foot to evade police. The girl was bleeding all over and tried to grab me, almost getting blood on me. I had to argue but I got a free night for that as well. The police kept me up all night roaming the grounds. I'd sayu stay here if you need a cheap spot don't expect a lot though, and avoid if possible. They also don't offer breakfast, but it's not like you paid for it.

Room Tip: Don't expect a lot, it is what it is, a cheap hole in the wall motel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Chuck S

Travellers are raving about these Carlsbad hotels

Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Why do we use Motel 6? Price, price, price. I won't go into what is typical - just what I liked and didn't care for. The front desk was very nice at check in and the web site was easy to access and they had space. I'm no longer certain I'm getting the best rate using the internet though. Someone has to pay for that convenience don't they? Initially the room was what I was prepared for. Being a tech person, the TV was a bit "out of date" if you know what I mean. Also, the wall unit where the TV was anchored was severely water damage. Would the TV have fallen while I was there?? What if my grand daughter was moving around? Pay for internet? I just won't do it. I have a hotspot that makes it much less expensive. Again, price, price, price. The tub drain plug didn't work. Had to remove it completely so the water would drain. I had to air out the room when I arrived. Way too much perfume! Hiding that someone had recently smoked in a non smoking room? Well, again, back to my original statement.

Room Tip: No frills! Quieter that the ESA next door to the interstate.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business