Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Staff is awesome, friendly, nice, and always go out of their way to take care of me. The hotel is close to the beach. They keep the property pretty clean and there is always someone there 24/7 which is good.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

I received a copy of your review and wanted to thank you for taking the time recognized the excellent service provided by our associates. I'm thrilled to hear that the associates go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. It's also great that you enjoyed our close proximity to the beach and were able to enjoy the ocean while in Carlsbad. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Our recent stay at the hotel was excellent; loved the new decor; but most of all the staff who are very considerate. We have been guests of this hotel many times and usually stay for a week to visit our family near-by. It is affordable and well located. We highly reccommend Extended Stay.

Room Tip: We prefer the third floor. The rooms are quiet and comfortable, free internet, and having a kitchen...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our associates level of customer service. I'm so pleased to hear that our associates made your stay comfortable while you were visiting family in Carlsbad. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Carlsbad.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

this hotel is great!we stayed here last november 2012, the staff was great, service was excellent they were very accomodating.nice location, close to the beach..it was a great experience, would come back again....

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Thank you for the great review about your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff provided excellent service during your stay. It's such a vote of confidence for our associates when you say that you will definitely be back next time you are in Carlsbad. Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to the next time you are in Carlsbad.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

This hotel is lovely and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is a nice little pool and a laundry room. Situated close to cute little cafes , shops and beach . It' is a bit of a drive out of San Diego and the traffic is not the funest but, we did enjoy a trip to Tijuana, Mexico for the day which was great fun. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for the great review of you recent stay at our property. We're so happy that you enjoyed the property and the surronding area. Most importantly, we're super happy that you found our property to be fresh and clean. The best part of the review is that you would recommend our hotel to anyone, that is such a feeling and we're proud that we earned that confidence. Again, thank you for the review, we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Carlsbad.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I stayed here last summer and let me tell you! Me and my family had such a pleasant time. The rooms were in order the staff was friendly and the breakfast was delicious! I recommended it to all my friends. Plus it wasn't too far from the beach.

• Stayed: July 2012

I appreciate you taking the time write about your most recent stay with us. I'm thrilled that you and your family had a great time in Carlsbad. Additionally, I cannot be more pleased that the staff was friendly and everything was working and the grab and go breakfast was delicious. Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to your next trip to Carlsbad.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

My family and I stayed here over the weekend and I thought the hotel was great. It was at a nice location, very close to beach. Also, the staff was great and their customer service was excellent. I would definitely come back!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you had a great weekend stay and the staff provided excellent service during your stay. We look forward to the next time you are in Carlsbad.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Rooms are okay. There's a weird smell in the hallways, bathroom was not 100% clean, bedspread has stains, iron didn't work, sticky goo on walls and floor, clearly not well cleaned at all. Not a good value to me.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of our rooms was not up to par. I am going to ensure that first, all the irons are checked to make sure they work and then second, work on replacing any blankets that are past their useful life and then we are going to work on a deep cleaning project to ensure that issues you described do not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate the specific comments regarding the irons, wall and bedspread. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me James at jburpo@extendedstay.com or Jun at jeusebio@extendedstay.com We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.