All reviews carlsbad village coffee machine full size fridge staff was very friendly and helpful nice stay stayed for nights kitchenette desk stove legoland convenience
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed a couple weeks ago for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. The price is pretty spot on (although I don't pay for hotel costs), and the room was pretty spacious and clean. TV is limited but I was barely in the room without sleeping anyway so it didn't matter much. Close to food, gas and groceries albeit the area itself isn't super and seems to be the "shadier" side of Carlsbad.

Hotel is a little hard to find, GPS will complete itself once you take the exit off of I-5 (it's one street behind village center dr).

Gotta say it wasn't a bad stay at all, beds are super firm so those who like soft mattresses may not be that comfortable here.

Room Tip: Be aware, any stay less than 7 days doesn't provide house keeping or linen replacement without request.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Carlsbad – San Diego. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Carlsbad takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

I have shared your survey with the staff here at our Carlsbad hotel and they asked me to convey their thanks and the hope that you will come back soon. We sincerely thank you for staying with us! If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 760-729-9380.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Nothing fancy, just your average Extended Stay America... Friendly front desk staff and cordial employees throughout.. Clean room, plenty of towels, dishes and everything you will need for an extended stay. Appears to be recently renovated, I don't have any complaints on anything. Close to shopping, close to the beach, really nicely located.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mgwds1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you liked the location and cleanliness of our hotel room. Also, I am happy to hear that our staff provided courteous service during your stay.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Was a nice and convenient hotel. The staff were great an helpful. Nice pool though being from warmer parts of the US being so close to the beach it was a bit cool for swimming. Charcoal grills at the pool - it has been a while since I used charcoal and it was a nice change. Though leaving the AC fan on constant helped, being backed up to Interstate 5 had the constant and continuous road noise though the windows are doubled up and help a lot. The grab and go breakfast bar was nice - the fruit was fresh. Also great if you like to cook with the stove top. You have to wash your dished by hand - no dishwasher and it would have been nice to have been able to bake something during my 6 week stay. I'd spent my first 2 weeks at another hotel because of a short travel notice, ESA was by far the better option for amenities, service and overall quality. No awards program though - which I'm sure helps keep down the prices. The longer you stay the better the price. Beach, restaurants and a grocery store all with in an easy walk from the hotel. Very convenient to the front gate of camp Pendleton - about 5 miles. Though WiFi is free and adequate for most basic uses, my one gripe was that getting faster WiFi had a daily cost.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east hear more road noise from the interstate.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our hotel staff member was able to meet your expectations and enjoyed your visit to Carlsbad. I am pleased to hear that you had an opportunity to use our pool. Also, I am glad to hear that our location was convenient for your stay.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is a fine hotel for short term stays... It isnt 5 star, but it is in the village and close to the beach and shops.. It is a normal room, no frills.. Our room was clean but basic... We were awaken in the middle of the night due to a false fire alarm.. But it was shut down quickly.
There is a good and bad to the location. It is behind the Dennys and Motel 6.. a very seedy motel and area. Although old the area is ok.. some of the homeless seemed to park out front but the police seem to move them along.. Again, I think it was over flow from the Motel 6.
If you are coming to Carlsbad for a family vacation on a budget this place is perfect... Safe, Clean and easily accessable to all the beach and village amenities..
Not for special occasions.. but practical if on a business trip or short overnight.
We stayed one night as our home (in Carlsbad) was getting painted...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the location and cleanliness of our guest rooms suited your needs.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

While this is not a 5-star hotel, it is very accommodating for groups. I and several people in my running club have spent the night here the night before running the Carlsbad 5K in April. This past April was at least the third time we've stayed at this hotel, usually in two or three rooms. It is extremely convenient for us, located only two or three blocks from the start line and the finish line. It also is located within easy walking distance to several restaurants, shops and the beach. Service has always been excellent and the staff is friendly and accommodating. We will continue to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff is friendly and accommodating with your running club during the Carlsbad 5K and that the property was convenient to your event, restaurants, shops and the beach.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!