Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I am having a wonderful time staying here while extensive work is being done to my house in Cardiff, California. I love everything about Extended Stay America but I am writing this about one person in particular. Her name is Nicole and she works at the front desk and she just stands out from the rest of the staff.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you are having a wonderful stay so far and that our staff has taken such great care of you, especially Nicole. I will be sure to share your comments with her and the rest of our team. Good luck with the renovations on your house!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Spending a month here....have a nice size room with queen bed, lounger and kitchen (no oven).
I'm not much of a cooker but service for two with pots and pans and a microwave! Can exchange towels at desk or wait til your room is cleaned....which is once a week (day depends on when you check in), or more often if needed for an extra fee. Iron with board in room. Extra toiletries at desk if needed. No hair dryer. Accepts dogs. TV is good size BUT limited in channels....lots of sports channels if one would like sports! SHOWTIME free. Free WiFi....good reception. Even has a 'grab-and-go' breakfast....although I haven't tried it yet. Denny's next door as is a 7-11. Centrally located. Cost very reasonable. If booked on line can get gift cards....my son booked directly with hotel so no gift cards for me:) good size refrigerator.

Room Tip: Great place for reasonable cost for long stays. Highest floor-3rd floor- is approved for smoking...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room, especially the kitchen, and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location as well as our pet-friendly policy.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Love having a kitchen with full size refir. Prices are usually pretty good, but wifi is horrible, dial in quality (remember those days). There is an option to pay $15/week to have higher bandwidth, but its for EACH device. So if I wanted to have decent wifi on my iPhone, iPad, apple tv AND laptop, that cost is $60! Not such a good deal after that!

TV is flat screen, but limited stations. And one thing that bugs me is here on the west coast most stations are east coast feed. So that program you are expecting to watch at 10pm, is on at 7! At 10pm it's crap, the after midnight junk.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on freeway side. Hotel is VERY close to freeway, noise is more than normal.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. It's great to hear that our fully equipped kitchen was a great convenience for you. I am sorry to hear that our Wi-Fi was not up to speed, please for your future stay, come speak with the front desk staff and we can discuss a faster Wi-Fi for all your devices.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed a couple weeks ago for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. The price is pretty spot on (although I don't pay for hotel costs), and the room was pretty spacious and clean. TV is limited but I was barely in the room without sleeping anyway so it didn't matter much. Close to food, gas and groceries albeit the area itself isn't super and seems to be the "shadier" side of Carlsbad.

Hotel is a little hard to find, GPS will complete itself once you take the exit off of I-5 (it's one street behind village center dr).

Gotta say it wasn't a bad stay at all, beds are super firm so those who like soft mattresses may not be that comfortable here.

Room Tip: Be aware, any stay less than 7 days doesn't provide house keeping or linen replacement without r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Carlsbad – San Diego. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Carlsbad takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

I have shared your survey with the staff here at our Carlsbad hotel and they asked me to convey their thanks and the hope that you will come back soon. We sincerely thank you for staying with us! If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 760-729-9380.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Nothing fancy, just your average Extended Stay America... Friendly front desk staff and cordial employees throughout.. Clean room, plenty of towels, dishes and everything you will need for an extended stay. Appears to be recently renovated, I don't have any complaints on anything. Close to shopping, close to the beach, really nicely located.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mgwds1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you liked the location and cleanliness of our hotel room. Also, I am happy to hear that our staff provided courteous service during your stay.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Was a nice and convenient hotel. The staff were great an helpful. Nice pool though being from warmer parts of the US being so close to the beach it was a bit cool for swimming. Charcoal grills at the pool - it has been a while since I used charcoal and it was a nice change. Though leaving the AC fan on constant helped, being backed up to Interstate 5 had the constant and continuous road noise though the windows are doubled up and help a lot. The grab and go breakfast bar was nice - the fruit was fresh. Also great if you like to cook with the stove top. You have to wash your dished by hand - no dishwasher and it would have been nice to have been able to bake something during my 6 week stay. I'd spent my first 2 weeks at another hotel because of a short travel notice, ESA was by far the better option for amenities, service and overall quality. No awards program though - which I'm sure helps keep down the prices. The longer you stay the better the price. Beach, restaurants and a grocery store all with in an easy walk from the hotel. Very convenient to the front gate of camp Pendleton - about 5 miles. Though WiFi is free and adequate for most basic uses, my one gripe was that getting faster WiFi had a daily cost.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east hear more road noise from the interstate.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our hotel staff member was able to meet your expectations and enjoyed your visit to Carlsbad. I am pleased to hear that you had an opportunity to use our pool. Also, I am glad to hear that our location was convenient for your stay.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is a fine hotel for short term stays... It isnt 5 star, but it is in the village and close to the beach and shops.. It is a normal room, no frills.. Our room was clean but basic... We were awaken in the middle of the night due to a false fire alarm.. But it was shut down quickly.
There is a good and bad to the location. It is behind the Dennys and Motel 6.. a very seedy motel and area. Although old the area is ok.. some of the homeless seemed to park out front but the police seem to move them along.. Again, I think it was over flow from the Motel 6.
If you are coming to Carlsbad for a family vacation on a budget this place is perfect... Safe, Clean and easily accessable to all the beach and village amenities..
Not for special occasions.. but practical if on a business trip or short overnight.
We stayed one night as our home (in Carlsbad) was getting painted...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the location and cleanliness of our guest rooms suited your needs.