“Mattress Changeout on Apr 15, 2014”

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We booked into a great room, only to be awakened the next morning at 8AM for a mattress change out. Nicole said we do this every 10 yrs.- lucky us!! The letter that was posted said this would take place as the rooms were vacated, but that did not happen. We were promised a late check out and Jennifer did not say anything about the early morning call, or tell us that we would not have a Complimentary grab-and-go breakfast!! There were mattress piled up at every exit with no regard for exit via the elevator. Great to change the Mattress - but not change the clients!! Folks were in the hall talking and very upset wondering why this plan took place in such a disorderly manner. It will be a long time before we stay at any of these hotels again, as Corporate tells the staff not to not tell the WHOLE truth. We could have stayed a different night as we are retired and would have avoided this whole mess. Travelers beware!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Sharon - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience that was caused when we changed the mattresses at our hotel. Your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our hotel and our guest experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at clb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The online booking agency failed to mention the hotel was going to move every bed out of all 110 rooms the day after we arrived. At 8am in the morning, are old bed was taken out and by 2:30 pm....we were still without a bed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Zacharias - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We would like to apologize that you did not get your mattress replaced right away when we replaced all our mattresses at the hotel. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at clb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I am having a wonderful time staying here while extensive work is being done to my house in Cardiff, California. I love everything about Extended Stay America but I am writing this about one person in particular. Her name is Nicole and she works at the front desk and she just stands out from the rest of the staff.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you are having a wonderful stay so far and that our staff has taken such great care of you, especially Nicole. I will be sure to share your comments with her and the rest of our team. Good luck with the renovations on your house!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Spending a month here....have a nice size room with queen bed, lounger and kitchen (no oven).
I'm not much of a cooker but service for two with pots and pans and a microwave! Can exchange towels at desk or wait til your room is cleaned....which is once a week (day depends on when you check in), or more often if needed for an extra fee. Iron with board in room. Extra toiletries at desk if needed. No hair dryer. Accepts dogs. TV is good size BUT limited in channels....lots of sports channels if one would like sports! SHOWTIME free. Free WiFi....good reception. Even has a 'grab-and-go' breakfast....although I haven't tried it yet. Denny's next door as is a 7-11. Centrally located. Cost very reasonable. If booked on line can get gift cards....my son booked directly with hotel so no gift cards for me:) good size refrigerator.

Room Tip: Great place for reasonable cost for long stays. Highest floor-3rd floor- is approved for smoking...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room, especially the kitchen, and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location as well as our pet-friendly policy.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Love having a kitchen with full size refir. Prices are usually pretty good, but wifi is horrible, dial in quality (remember those days). There is an option to pay $15/week to have higher bandwidth, but its for EACH device. So if I wanted to have decent wifi on my iPhone, iPad, apple tv AND laptop, that cost is $60! Not such a good deal after that!

TV is flat screen, but limited stations. And one thing that bugs me is here on the west coast most stations are east coast feed. So that program you are expecting to watch at 10pm, is on at 7! At 10pm it's crap, the after midnight junk.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on freeway side. Hotel is VERY close to freeway, noise is more than normal.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. It's great to hear that our fully equipped kitchen was a great convenience for you. I am sorry to hear that our Wi-Fi was not up to speed, please for your future stay, come speak with the front desk staff and we can discuss a faster Wi-Fi for all your devices.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed a couple weeks ago for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. The price is pretty spot on (although I don't pay for hotel costs), and the room was pretty spacious and clean. TV is limited but I was barely in the room without sleeping anyway so it didn't matter much. Close to food, gas and groceries albeit the area itself isn't super and seems to be the "shadier" side of Carlsbad.

Hotel is a little hard to find, GPS will complete itself once you take the exit off of I-5 (it's one street behind village center dr).

Gotta say it wasn't a bad stay at all, beds are super firm so those who like soft mattresses may not be that comfortable here.

Room Tip: Be aware, any stay less than 7 days doesn't provide house keeping or linen replacement without r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Carlsbad – San Diego. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Carlsbad takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

I have shared your survey with the staff here at our Carlsbad hotel and they asked me to convey their thanks and the hope that you will come back soon. We sincerely thank you for staying with us! If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 760-729-9380.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Nothing fancy, just your average Extended Stay America... Friendly front desk staff and cordial employees throughout.. Clean room, plenty of towels, dishes and everything you will need for an extended stay. Appears to be recently renovated, I don't have any complaints on anything. Close to shopping, close to the beach, really nicely located.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mgwds1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you liked the location and cleanliness of our hotel room. Also, I am happy to hear that our staff provided courteous service during your stay.