All reviews carlsbad village coffee machine full size fridge staff was very friendly and helpful nice stay stayed for nights kitchenette desk stove legoland convenience
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have stayed at this property a number of times over the years and observed on our recent visit a definite decline in the condition of the rooms, bedding, cleanliness and front desk attentiveness.

Our room was well used and needs refurbishment. Our microwave was basically inoperable, the 'kitchen' sink drained slowly, the counter was nicked in a couple of places and the tub also drained slowly...all signs that the owners are not attentive to maintaining their property. The lighting in the halls is really dingy which I don't remember...maybe they are using lower wattage bulbs (not a good idea in my opinion).

They also have a quaint procedure that I last saw in the most western Chinese province of Xinjiang...you had to ask for toilet paper at the front desk!!!!! Oh, and you had to daily ask for coffee, towels and any other consumables. I understand there is no daily maid service but someone should check each room daily and replenish items of this nature.

I have found over the years that the cleanliness of common spaces is a good indication of overall cleanliness...and this hotels fails. There was the same dirt in the corners of the elevator for the six days we were at the hotel. And the rooms left a lot to be desired...I would hate to think how often the old fashioned bed covers are cleaned.

All in all...our last time staying at this property.

Room Tip: Select a room that does NOT face I-5 which is noisy all the time...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, clb@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had family in town so I gave up my room for their stay...I wanted a home feeling and got everything I wanted...working nights and sleeping days my room assignment was perfect... great sleep on a great bed....to the entire staff especially Elaine ..kudos!!!!!..not a matter of if i'll be back...only when!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We booked into a great room, only to be awakened the next morning at 8AM for a mattress change out. Nicole said we do this every 10 yrs.- lucky us!! The letter that was posted said this would take place as the rooms were vacated, but that did not happen. We were promised a late check out and Jennifer did not say anything about the early morning call, or tell us that we would not have a Complimentary grab-and-go breakfast!! There were mattress piled up at every exit with no regard for exit via the elevator. Great to change the Mattress - but not change the clients!! Folks were in the hall talking and very upset wondering why this plan took place in such a disorderly manner. It will be a long time before we stay at any of these hotels again, as Corporate tells the staff not to not tell the WHOLE truth. We could have stayed a different night as we are retired and would have avoided this whole mess. Travelers beware!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Sharon - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience that was caused when we changed the mattresses at our hotel. Your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our hotel and our guest experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at clb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The online booking agency failed to mention the hotel was going to move every bed out of all 110 rooms the day after we arrived. At 8am in the morning, are old bed was taken out and by 2:30 pm....we were still without a bed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Zacharias - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We would like to apologize that you did not get your mattress replaced right away when we replaced all our mattresses at the hotel. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at clb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I am having a wonderful time staying here while extensive work is being done to my house in Cardiff, California. I love everything about Extended Stay America but I am writing this about one person in particular. Her name is Nicole and she works at the front desk and she just stands out from the rest of the staff.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you are having a wonderful stay so far and that our staff has taken such great care of you, especially Nicole. I will be sure to share your comments with her and the rest of our team. Good luck with the renovations on your house!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.