Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$176
US$157
US$121
US$114
HIExpress.com
Ocean Palms Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$142
US$108
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$208
  • Pool
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$202
Westin.com
US$404
US$364
  • Restaurant
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$220
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$359
Official Website
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
TripAdvisor
1,522 results
All reviewsacross the streetchandlers restaurantocean viewbeautiful hotelpool areafire pitself parkingoceanfront rooman upgraderesort feenice poolsan diegoshuttle servicebeach accessshort drivefree shuttlefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Tried to eat at the Chandlers...30 min and not even water, waitress had no idea what was served.... got another persons attention... not much better. Went down the street for the best Italian food and service ever.
Stayed at the Hilton, across a 4 lane road and campground from beach. Extremely noisy room from road. Hilton messed up on charges and put a hold on 1300 bucks (for an overnight stay extended 1 day) on my debit card for many days. Very poor customer service considering....You only have one chance to celebrate an anniversary....We will not be going back!

Room Tip: pool view rooms are not as prone to excessive road noise .... don't plan on being on the beach unless you like to hike (down street , across road, through campground, down steep stairs) Thanks for your customer service Hilton ...both corporate and local!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dean t
Vikram S, General Manager at Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Dean T, I was very disappointed to hear about your experience at the resort which was clearly a special occasion for you. My apologies on behalf of the entire team. Rather than simply respond to your comments, I would like to speak to you personally about your experience at the property in an effort to gain back some of the trust that was lost. My email is vikram.sood @hilton.com . Please send me a note so that we can connect and set up a time to speak at your convenience.

Thank you for the feedback and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We came for a conference and stayed a couple of extra days. Wonderful experience! Def coming back. Bar and lounge had a great dinner menu. Steaks were great...wine selection solid and quite a surprise!

Room Tip: Close enough to tourist areas to be convenient but still had the local feel. Loved it. Ask the staff for directions to local dives. They were great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jimcrumbley

Dear Jim Crumbley, thank you for your recent posting. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed the conference, but chose to stay longer to relax and enjoy the property. As for the restaurant, Chandler's , we continue to work on our food and wine program so I am glad you enjoyed the wine selections. Look for some more additional changes.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights in November with my teenage sons. The hotel is lovely. It is a smaller Hilton but it was absolutely perfect. The design and decor is very understated and modern. If this is the new trend for Hilton Hotels, hooray! The landscaping was beautiful--lots of succulents and waterwise plants. The view of the Pacific Ocean from our room was stunning. I highly recommend getting a room facing the ocean, pool and if possible with a balcony (we had one). The ocean is just across a very sleepy section of the PCH, with quick access down some cliffs. The restaurant was great--we had the breakfast buffet--very high quality food, no powdered eggs and premade omelettes to be found.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Olgabs, thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. You are right in that this is a very unique Hilton property in its scale and look. It was the owners decision to build a new property that was modern yet representative of our location in Carlsbad. In addition , it was great to hear your comments about the breakfast buffet. This is a constant work in progress for us and we continue to add to it.

Thank you again for your kind note.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I asked if this hotel was on the beach?????????? They said sure..............you have a view but there is traffic sooooooooooo they lied!! The so called hotel did not have our room ready phone or fridge Why pay $ 299 for what??????????

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Andrea M
Vikram S, General Manager at Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Andrea M, thank you for your recent posting regarding your experience at the property. I was disappointed to read the comments as your experience clearly fell short of expectations so my sincere apologies.

Please know that we did find that you spoke to the Hilton Central Reservations team when making your reservations so we have called them and asked them to review the manner in which the property is described over the phone to ensure that there are no misconceptions. Given your feedback, I would appreaciate the opportunity to discuss your visit via a phone call . Please email me at vikram.sood@hilton.com at your convenience so that we can connect and set up a time to talk. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was very impressed by the attentive and courteous reception that I received from every member of the hotel staff. The appearance of the lobby and my room were above what I'd expected, and the amenities in the room were top notch. The food was healthy, inventive and delicious. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Peggy, thank you for your positive note on Trip Advisor. It was nice to read that your stay exceeded your expectations in a number of areas. We have worked hard over the last year to continuously improve the manner in which we interact with our guests. I hope you see you again in the near future and share some of our seasonal enhancements in the restaurant with you.