Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
1,521 results
All reviewsacross the streetchandlers restaurantocean viewbeautiful hotelpool areafire pitself parkingoceanfront rooman upgraderesort feenice poolsan diegoshuttle servicebeach accessshort drivefree shuttlefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The primary reason for my review is to compliment the staff on their wonderful service. My family was evacuated from our home during the recent wildfires and moved to this hotel on short notice, along with many other locals. They handled the influx efficiently and kindly, helped us get whatever we needed to be comfortable, and even gave the kids cuddly little stuffed pelicans to keep them happy during a traumatic day.

We spent several hours swimming in the lovely swimming pool (which was kept at a comfortable temperature - yay!) and my kids thought it was an awesome vacation, completely forgetting the reason for our stay. If you have small children, you will appreciate the shallow wading pool and the zero entry main pool. You can watch the gorgeous sunsets from the pool area or the fire pit next to it. So peaceful!

On a side-note, Chandler's restaurant is our local destination of choice for date nights and cocktails with friends. They have great specialty cocktails, and plentiful ocean views. You can lounge at their fire pit, sit at a table, or enjoy the bar inside. All are great choices!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mms24
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I'm staying at this new, extremely clean and beautiful property now, and will be sure to update my review if necessary upon leaving. The reason I'm online while here, though, (rather than taking it all in) is because the music is blaring outside my room making it difficult to do anything else- take a nap, read, relax. This is a beautiful spot, and I was greeted by the very kind Jonathan yesterday who informed me that I had been upgraded to a full ocean view- I'm very grateful for that, but I was really hoping for some R&R time. I can barely hear the ocean (the reason I chose this property) across the street because of the music. Housekeeping skipped my room today as well, which I found odd, but came not long after I called down to request service.

The restaurant is nice- I've already eaten their food 3 times since last night- but I don't understand why the patrons are able to sit outside by the firepits and make noise while the hotel guests are trying to relax at the pool/hot tub next to it. That's a strange configuration for a resort, but I also realize that oceanfront property is costly and I suppose this is another draw for the restaurant when attracting customers who are not Hilton guests.

As a HHonors gold member who very frequently stays at the Hilton properties, I'm not sure I would return to this one. Still looking for a quiet Hilton with an ocean view, and don't think that this fits the bill. But I have 2 more nights here, and hoping to still leave relaxed and rejuvenated.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed for two nights before departing for another location BUT WOW, we were all super impressed and talked later in the trip about how we wish we had another day or two there. The hotel decor is very pretty, the setting is quiet and welcoming, the restaurants and bars on site are good - nice service and good quality, prices are a little high but hey, your in CA on the beach! Another friend of ours was coincidentally staying at the hotel at the same time as us for a wedding, this setting would be a PERFECT WEDDING WEEKEND VENUE! From relaxing by the pool to photos in front of the ocean and the banquet facilities indoors and out, this would be great for that. Also really nice for a couples weekend or romantic getaway. Felt less "Chain" and more personal. *I would request a balcony room if possible, they have both with and without. I hope this review helps you with your decision!

Room Tip: Go for a balcony and ask for a beach facing room. :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ItalianTara
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were at the Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront during the Poinsettia and Coco fires. Even though the hotel was at full capacity, the service was excellent and the staff is wonderful, cheery, and on the spot. Laurel in particular at the front desk and Jeremy in the restaurant. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank horchata52
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We live right down the street from this new Hilton. We had dined at Chandler's (meh) previously but this was our first stay. We were evacuated from our home due to the wildfires and though the evacuation was lifted in our area, we decided to take a little staycation. I had called the hotel to inquire about special rates for local Carlsbad residents and was told they did have a special offer. The price I was given was the same as the web site and when I pointed this out, the hotel clerk offered a room overlooking the pool (aka minor upgrade) but at same rate. I ended up getting a much better deal via the HotelTonight app. I do find it incredibly lame they would not offer a discounted rate, especially during this time. This hotel would be empty this week had it not been for the fires. Every person I met at the pool had been evacuated - some with homes that had partially burned. Moving on ...

This hotel is very good. The rooms are spacious and modern. The lobby is beautiful and the restaurant is very nice as well. The pool area is really the standout. Some fun outdoor furniture, good poolside service, fire ring in the evening, beautiful ocean view, tiny little pool for toddlers, large beach entry pool. The only negative is the teeny tiny rectangular shaped jacuzzi that is tucked away behind the bushes - no view when you're in there and no way to watch your kids when you're trying to lounge by the pool.

Will definitely come back if we ever need to stay locally again. But come on Hilton, you should have a kama'aina rate for locals, especially when there's a natural disaster.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family