Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
US$337
US$265
Groupon.com
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$182
  • Pool
Ocean Palms Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$361
Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$344
US$298
BestWestern.com
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$153
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
US$359
  • Pool
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$165
  • Restaurant
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$252
1,535 results
All reviewsacross the streetchandlers restaurantocean viewbeautiful hotelpool areafire pitself parkingoceanfront rooman upgraderesort feenice poolsan diegoshuttle servicebeach accessshort drivefree shuttlefamily vacation
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I arrived here last week with my daughter for a trip seeing family in San Diego.
First impressions were that it was a very clean tidy and modern hotel. The staff were absolutely fabulous on arrival from an eleven flight from England.
The bedrooms were spacious and the bed was the comfiest I've ever slept in.
I would like to say that Irwin in the restaurant is an absolute credit to the hotel, in the morning at breakfast he greeted us with a warm welcome and is a fabulous host. We won't forget Irwin!
Only downside of the hotel is that it's limited on children's meal choice but there are plenty of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Holly W
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I arrived ay 9pm, and the checkin with my kids was quick.

Had one of the best late night stakes at my room. Wow, simply the best room service steak I have ever had.

Next day, the kids jumped in the pool. The pool is warmed and perfect for kids, not deep at all. They have a shuttle to take you into town near by and super close to Lego Land. Although... When we went to Lego land they have their own hotel that I might have stayed for the convenience... but this Hilton was great.

Breakfast was never an issue here. Waiters were great and I wasn't forced to get the buffet for my kids like the Universal Hilton did. Anyway... a solid Hotel.

The Beach is just down about a block away, however you will want to drive a bit further down for a perfect beach spot as the beach next to the Hilton is busy with the Winnebagos parked everywhere. Not the best beach imho. But just down the street... wow... good times.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DrLife
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter and myself arrived after a long drive from Chandler Arizona on Wednesday July 9. When arriving at the resort you are pounced upon by the valet guys standing in the driveway. There is no real place for guests to park to check into the resort. Sure the valet guys are nice and trying to earn a living, I have no problem with that, but at least let me park and move my own luggage. I went for a luggage rack and was immediately told, oh we can't let anyone use those, we have to move the luggage on those it's a resort policy. When you arrive at the resort all the spots are marked valet In front. No check in parking.

The resort itself is very clean and modern, as it should be, just being recently opened. The pool area is nice and has a shallow pool for kids. The restaurant Chandler's is on point. The breakfast buffet is nice with plenty of options for everyone. Fresh fruit, breads, eggs, bacon, etc.. For dinner I tried the filet with the blue cheese crust and veg. I suggest the ribeye steak which we had in room service.

Friday night they had a 3 piece musical act that played some standards, like the Eagles "Hotel California" kinda ironic, don't us think? They were good don't get me wrong. A bass player, guitarist and percussionist.

Beware if you like the windows open for that fresh Carlsbad sea breeze (who doesn't right) and you face the ocean, people have been known to sit at the fire place and talk until 3am. Kinda annoying when you are trying to sleep. The entire outside should be shut down after 11, not just the pool area. The resort itself gets a 5⭐for the location across from the beach, sure there are RVs in the state camping sites, better than looking at the I5 , parking garage and the coaster tracks outback.. IMO.. I and giving a 4 ⭐ due to the valet service being so upfront and obtrusive..

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CannaDad
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Hilton Carlsbad is a fantastic family resort. Close to Lego Land, San Diego and is across from the beach. Rooms are very nice, restaurant and staff are friendly and very helpful.
You can take Amtrak down and they still send a car for you .

I would recommend it very highly, their prices are reasonable and no hustle and bustle of crowds .

Room Tip: All locations of rooms are good, but I would prefer ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Superior quality staff. Location is perfect to get to many locations. It says beach front but you do need to cross the street but it is only a two minute walk so it is as good as on the sand. Decent bar selection. Food was good on property could be open later but we are from Vegas and used to everything open past 11pm.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple