LEGOLAND California Hotel
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
US$299
Official Site
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$164
US$121
US$114
HIExpress.com
US$205
US$175
  • Pool
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$165
  • Restaurant
US$174
US$140
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$164
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$208
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$241
  • Pool
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$220
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
1,859 results
All reviewstreasure chesttreasure huntbunk bedsdisco elevatordance partybricks restaurantpirate roomdisco ballthemed roomsmy sonskyline cafepirate shipan adventurelego buildingearly accesslego pitwhoopee cushion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is a great place centrally located for all the fun the OC. Yes its themed for the little ones but early teens will enjoy the Legoland attractions including the water park. Plus you can get to everything else from here like Sea World or the Safari Park. One tip about the grown ups who want to maintain a workout schedule. The on site fitness room was closed while I was there but it looks to be super limited. Head over to Pure Fitness on El Camino and get a 4 day pass for $40. they open at 5AM.

Room Tip: If your kids need to get to sleep early (before 10) get a room that is not overlooking the pool. The pool is open until 10PM and is going strong until then.
1  Thank Frank0265
Reviewed 11 April 2014

As a parent with small kids I really wish more hotels offered split rooms like this to allow the parents and kids to have separate spaces without the expense of getting a suite. The overall theme of the hotel is amazing and my only suggestions would be more elevators and a hot tub in the pool area. My kids are still talking about this place. We weren't even big into Lego before this, but now my kids are fans.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank colenkate
Reviewed 9 April 2014

LEGOLAND is all a child could want in a theme hotel. It is colorful, imaginative--just an all around fun experience. My grandchildren loved the treasure hunt and the whoopee cushion by the elevator. Everyone danced to the disco music inside the elevator. The service was very friendly, but poor. When we arrived, our adjoining room was not ready. We waited over an hour for our luggage. By the time we got our luggage, the adjacent room had been given to someone else. Also, room service isn't encouraged. We didn't want to eat in the chaotic dining room, but room service breakfast was only sold in a package for 4 for $50. Pretty pricey. The overall experience was good. The themed rooms are great, the separate sleeping area with bunk beds and private tv are terrific for parents and children. Overall, a great experience!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have never reviewed anything online before but after our experience at the Legoland California hotel I felt compelled to save other families from our fate.

We stayed just one night but literally couldn't have gotten out of their fast enough. We had a Pirate themed junior balcony suite. The room we reasonably clean but very sparse and cheaply furnished (think fake wood veneer on press board everywhere). The beds were uncomfortable and there wasn't a closing door separating the kids bunks from our sleeping area (no TV for mom and dad after the kids go down). The pirate decorations were cool but hardly made up for the lack of comfort and the cheap feel of the place. We took the kids to the pool which was very small but otherwise fine. After swimming for a bit we went for dinner on the patio of the a la carte restaurant. The tables were all absolutely filthy (our server explained they had had a large birthday party the night before - they couldn't get around to cleaning them in the 20 hours since it was over?) so we picked the least disgusting and took a seat. We waited about 10 minutes and then had to get up and ask the 2 wait staff chatting if they could help us which seemed to really put them out. After a very weak effort to clean the table, my wife actually went and asked for a cloth and wiped the table herself (still not clean - we joked they might have to incinerate them and buy new). The food was fine but nothing the write home about (no big shock but hey its legoland). After we bathed the kids and put them to bed we began to get a sense of what we were in for the rest of the night. This hotel might be made out of lego bricks. It was SO LOUD. The walls are paper thin and you could hear people in the halls and above us (excited kids running and screaming everywhere). Our "luxury suite" was located directly next to the elevator which sounded like it was hauling 2 ton granite boulders up the shaft on a rusty anchor chain constantly. Even with noise cancelling apps running on 2 ipads and ear plugs the noise was still terrible. Also the fire detector was directly above the bed and had a green light that flashed on and off all night. Needless to say not much sleep for anyone all night - what a great way to start our family vacation! At 8am we packed up and went downstairs for breakfast at the buffet restaurant that was included in our package (total was $800 with the room, parking, breakfast and 2 day park hopper passes for (2) adults (1) 4 year old and (1) 2 year old). We waited in a huge line that ran the length of the very narrow corridor from the lobby to the elevators (about a half an hour wait in a very high traffic area with 2 little kids - joy). When we finally got inside food was all but inedible. Anything of any nutritional value was totally picked over and we were left with dry powdered eggs, greasy bacon and sausage and cold waffles that I'm sure were frozen not long before. The tables were once again filthy and the staff essentially ignored us when we asked to have our table wiped, once again we did it ourselves. For breakfast my wife an I ate a banana each (there were only 2 left). The coffee urns were empty and when we asked if fresh was coming the response was "I dont know" followed by the staff member turning her back on us and walking away. We eventually got coffee but when we wanted cutlery, napkins, ketchup,milk and sugar for the table the staff acted like we had asked them to organize a space shuttle mission. So again we went and found these ourselves. I felt like 99.9% of the hotel staff hated their jobs and couldn't care less if the guests were being taken care of. Imagine a hotel run by part time teenage workers who could care less if you are happy or otherwise (reminded me of the movie Adventureland). Not the pinnacle of customer service to say the least. If you really want to enjoy Legoland i would recommend staying at a far less expensive hotel nearby and using the price difference to buy VIP park passes that let you skip all the lines ($150 per person). Do not waste your hard earned money at the Legoland California Hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel.
14  Thank chrisd885
Frank I, General Manager at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear “Chrisd885”,

Thank you so much for your time taken to share your experience with us. Though we are disappointed to hear that your stay was less than desirable, we truly appreciate the feedback for we acknowledge there is always room for improvement.

I want to personally apologize for the inconsistent customer service you had received while dining at Skyline Café and Bricks Family Restaurant. I sincerely apologize for our failure to uphold our usually high customer service standards, and I assure you we have addressed this with our team. We are continuously striving to improve our service levels, and I am very sorry for any inconveniences you and your family had experienced.

The Pirate Balcony Junior Suite is interestingly located in the Hotel and unfortunately absorbs a lot of unwanted noise. I am very sorry this had negatively impacted your stay; however, please know this room is an isolated issue, and we do have plans to address it by insulating the walls and ceiling. In regards to the theming of the room, we also have plans to add addiitonal theming in the near future.

Thank you again for your time taken to provide us with your feedback. We hope you will reconsider us in the future, if not, we hope to see you at the Park, Aquarium or Water Park!

Warm regards,
Frank Idris

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Upon arriving to Legoland hotel, you are immediately immersed in Legos. For someone who loves and adores Legos, this is their fairytale. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is ALOT of commotion in the lobby, so if you dont like crowds, stay away from downstairs. Thr disco ball elevator is cool for probably the first 4 rides and then it just becomes annoying. The rooms are VERY spacious, VERY clean and I love the themed rooms. Food is great and I,found it to be less expensive that at the park. Breakfast was my favorite and tge kid Mac n Cheese. Overall, this hotel was good. My only suggestion is to have better activities in the evening or even a "kid type camp" at night so parents can relax alone. A spa type area for adults would be great.

1  Thank Batata32