“Great Hotel for Kids”

LEGOLAND California Hotel
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My kids (10 & 7 years old) absolutely loved this hotel! Everything from the pool area to the nightly activities and the Kingdom themed room. The rooms / suites were probably a little larger than a normal size hotel room. The beds weren't that comfortable. We stayed 2 nights, and please be aware that we had to request house keeping services 2 times in the afternoon (2 PM & 4PM) which I wasn't happy with. However, you do get tremendous convenience at staying here for the LegoLand Park b-c the it's adjacent to the Park. Anytime I needed something it was real easy walk to go back to our room. If you're visiting LegoLand Park with younger kids this is a great option, however please be aware this is not a Disneyland Resort type of experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelsWFamilyAlways
Frank I, General Manager at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear “TravelsWFamilyAlways,”

We truly appreciate your time taken to provide us with your feedback!

I am so glad to hear that your children enjoyed their stay at LEGOLAND Hotel and that you appreciated the close proximity between the Hotel and the rest of the Resort! However, I am very sorry to hear of the unacceptable service you received regarding the servicing of your guest room. Please know this is not the standard I uphold for the Hotel and please know it will be addressed.

We have received the same feedback from other guests regarding the comfort of our beds. We’ve listened and now are in the process of changing out every queen mattress. We’re very excited for this change and hope this will enhance the guest experience!

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Warm regards,
Frank Idris

Write a ReviewReviews (1,784)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The kids loved the pirate suite. They have great kid friendly things, from the voices in the toilets to playground in the lobby, great pool, free chocolate, legos, water and juices, wonderful pool (with evening movies). It is definitely pricey but for a special trip, worth it. Great bunk bed rooms for the kids and lego figures everywhere.

Two complaints. The food is not good. Bland, cold - a buffet but worse than the usual. And not especially cheap. $10 for an adult - I guess if you want all you can eat of mediocre food, then it's a deal. Yes, kid friendly but for adults, make the trip down the hill to the Marriot or Sheraton or bring in and use the frig in the room.

And what's with not supplying pool towels on weekends? Friday night, big blue beach towels. Weekends you have to bring the ones from your room. That can't save much money - you have to clean them regardless, but means an inconvenient mess for guests. In so many areas, they are very consumer friendly, but no towels is silly.

Room Tip: If you have smaller children who go to bed before eight, get a room on the side away from the pool...
2  Thank Scotlandtravels
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed there for two nights. The children loved the room. The room is not as spacious as shown on pictures (I guess this is true with most professional photos). The breakfast is very good. The nightly entertainment is a little bit disappointing, my 7 year old liked it, my 5 years old was not interested. Another disappointment is the early admission to LEGOLAND. It is true the gate open for hotel guests at 9AM, however only a very few park attractions open early. My advice is that staying at the hotel because you want the hotel experience, but don't count on the early admission advantage.

2  Thank thomas f
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a trip to San Diego where we stayed one night here and there in Pacific Terrace hotel and the kids begged us to take them back to this hotel! They loved every second of it. It isn't cheap but was worth their excitement, proximity to the park and uniqueness of the hotel. We barely took advantage of all it had to offer because we arrived so late. The bunk room family suite is way smaller than the pictures suggest, but the kids could have cared less, they loved it. Everyone who we can't into contact with couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We wish we had stayed longer as we didn't get to use the pool or do any of the nighttime activities there. Definitely stay here if you have Lego-obsessed kids!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Annie-RGS
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for kids with tons of activities and interactions. The only issue I have is the price is a little steep for what you get, but that's staying at a destination hotel like this one. It is definitely a one time deal that you should try if you're going to Legoland for the first time.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We loved it the moment we walked in the door. The kids were able to occupy themsleves while we checked in. The elevator was fabulous! We arrived in the middle of the night there, when the elevator door closed, disco ball and music played I knew I was on vacation! The kids loved the treasure hunt, the pirate bunk beds. The breakfast at the Brick Restaurant was delicious, so much food variety to meet the pickiest of eaters.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rachel I
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Oh where to start!! It was AMAZING!!! I took my 8 year old twins, boy and girl, along with my "little" 6 year old. They absolutely LOVED, super LOVED their stay for the weekend. They did not want to leave. We ALL loved the breakfast and dinner buffet at Brick's. We celebrated the twin's birthday at Skyline Café. The cake we ordered was supposed to be vanilla, but we received chocolate instead. I think it worked out, because it was delicious!! The kids really enjoyed it. We shared it with the rest of the dining room since there was only five of us, and the cake was pretty big. Great, GREAT, value for the cake :D Loved the detail of our rooms. We stayed in the Pirate Themed room, which was AWESOME! Of course we wanted to ride the AWESOME elevators. Only hiccup we had was with billing. It took longer than I expected to check out and was a bit frustrated with the person that was helping me. The issue was resolved but gave me stiff shoulders for an hour or two. I guess the overall feeling is that "Everything is AWESOME, everything is AWESOME...." (don't know how the rest goes, but that's what my little one's were singing all weekend long) :D

Room Tip: Pick Pirate or Adventure themed, so you can use the elevators :) or ride the elevators just because!
2  Thank Jess0288