“Better than Disneyland ”

LEGOLAND California Hotel
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Harrisburg, PA
“Better than Disneyland ”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 night's in June. What an awesome experience. LEGO everywhere. Lobby has 2 LEGO play areas, (wish they had more hand sanitizer around). Elevators were the biggest hit. Room was great, loved the seperate area for the kids. Loved the gifts for the kids. I assume hotel is fairly new, everything seemed clean and fresh.
Restaurant was good. Breakfast buffet was awesome, lots to choose from. Dinner buffet was okay, choices were not typical. Service was great, nice people.
Would suggest 3rd floor, facing front of building. Heard kids running above us and lots of activity at pool (until 930pm). Avoid rooms near the elevator due to its popularity.
U will be amazed at the hotel. Just be prepared for lots of kids running around....

Will come back here before I go to Disneyland again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cipollavin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Everyone of us in the family is a LEGO fan. It was awesome to stay in a LEGO themed hotel. For the experience and proximity to LEGOLAND, I think it is worth the expense for a one night stay.

The service at the Front Desk and Bricks was very prompt. The food at Bricks is the usual fare at theme parks. I thought the dinner option was good value at $50 for a family of four. By the time we were back from the Waterpark, we were all starving and going somewhere else for a nicer dinner would not be wise with hungry and tired kids in tow.

The kids loved everything about this hotel. For the adults, we felt our bed was too small and the mattress not great at all. For one night at a unique hotel, I was happy to put up with it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Frank I, General Manager at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear “HappyRoadTrips,”

We’re so happy to hear that you and your family had an awesome stay at LEGOLAND Hotel!

Please know your feedback is greatly appreciated. We have taken the time to listen to our guests, and we’re currently in the process of switching out all beds and upgrading them to king size beds. Although the hotel was built for kids, we realize providing a great experience for the parents is just as important! We hope the new improvements made will make everyone’s stay much more enjoyable.

Thank you again and we hope to see you all soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This a great hotel for kids. Our son loved every minute and wants to return ASAP. Everything is geared towards kids; the lobby, the elevator, the food and the rooms. The only downfall is that they forgot about the adults. The beds are horrible, the food is less than great (although the breakfast buffet has numerous options) and the price per night is way too high. You are paying for location and the ability to get into the park an hour early.

2 Thank coop1976
Frank I, General Manager at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear “coop1976,”

Thank you so much for providing your valuable and constructive feedback.

We’re so excited to hear that your son loved his time at LEGOLAND Hotel! Though the Hotel was built with children in mind, it is very important to us that parents enjoy their time here, too! We value each and every guest feedback, and we do our very best to make the necessary changes. I am very excited to share that we are currently in the process of changing the beds. We understand comfort is very important to our guests, and so we knew this was something we needed to change.

Thank you again for your time taken to share your experience with us! I hope we will have the opportunity to see you and your family again. Please do check out our much more affordable rates (starting) in September.

Pleasant Hill, CA
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was anticipating that this hotel would be cutting corners, as they are directly next to the park, but it was pleasantly surprised. The front desk people, Alex, Maria, Shawn, and Hailey, were all attentive, helpful, and seemed happy to be there and answer questions...I mention that, because as you walk into this hotel you hear a cacophony of children crying, yelling, and laughing. There are Legos everywhere, and in the most surprising places. More than enough people are employed here, there are all kinds of cheerful people to help too. Kimberly, the supervisor at the front desk when I went there last night, was unceasingly patient. I have a ten year old, 15 year old, and 18 year old. 8 thought this itty bitty room with a queen bed and then two bunks and a trundle in the other little space would be way too crowded, but it was great. My oldest two kids are tall, and the beds were a great set up! Also, we just left the grand Hyatt in San Diego, and this queen bed here was better to sleep on, believe it or not. A huge breakfast is included in your stay too. They have a swim up movie at night. They give you a big bag of chocolates when you get in, and you can go into the park one full hour early to ride the six closest rides to the hotel. That doesn't sound like much, but no lines after having over one hour lines yesterday was pure bliss this morning!

I asked for the best discount they had and somehow ended up with 20 percent off....they didn't email the confirm the first time around, but I'm glad I reserved early. They are 100 percent occupied all summer apparently. If I worked here I couldn't be half as happy as these employees, I'm really impressed by their customer service, ESP the ones above I mentioned. I got most of my tips on this hotel from trip advisor, and was told to go for the lowest level and the pirate floors. Also, no need to upgrade much from the basic room, though I got a balcony, which was nice, though the only view is the parking lot....

Watch out for all the carnival games in the park, though my son did win a duck that is actually bigger than him and won't even fit in the overhead compartment! But I really do recommend this hotel and give it five stars. Just for the convenience factor even....it's like staying at a ski resort directly next to the slopes. We stayed in San Diego, then actually took a cab here for a hundred bucks, and are taking a cab back this afternoon. The Alamo SUV would have cost me 275 dollars plus tax and hassle and parking here at legoland, so I'd recommend doing that. We met a cab driver in San Diego and booked him to take us out here and then back this afternoon.

You can but dinner for 50 bucks for two adults and two kids when you check in, it's the unlimited buffet where they have dinner as well. Buy it. It's a deal. I know other guests had bad things to say about this property, and I am a picky traveler in many ways, but this place is great. There are all kinds of little touches, a treasure hunt for the kids when they arrive, a Lego snail and butterfly just on the master bedroom wall as I look up, and a knights banner in both rooms, plus amazing service by tireless young people that never seem annoyed, and with the annoying people they deal with all day this is the best service they offer. Hotel employees with impeccable customer services are hard to come by, even at the ritz carlton, yet ritz Carlton attitudes and service is what the legoland hotel offers.

Room Tip: We were in 1030 which was too far down the hall, but I requested to be away from the elevator. Any...
1 Thank ksbarent
VENICE
Reviewed 23 June 2014

When you check in, make sure to request that you not be given room 2001. We had a senior and a three and a five year-year-old, and it was such a long trek to and from the elevator. Our room cost almost $500. I expected more for the money. It is really a Hampton Inn room decorated with a theme. There is a $25 resort fee, but it is not a resort--no spa or workout room, and the meals are cafeteria-styled, which IS good for the children. Check -in is 4 p.m., which is too late for little children. The next day we had to check out at 9 a.m. to take advantage of the early admission to the park. Otherwise, we would have had a little time at the park and then come back to the hotel for check-out at 11. That would have been good for the water park, but it only opens at 10. We will probably go back to LegoLand but will not waste money on the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 2001 is too far from the elevator for little children. We could hear children jumping off the b...
Dear “Sharon B,”

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your much appreciated feedback, and thank you for staying with us at LEGOLAND California Resort!

I completely understand how the walk from the elevator to 2001 can be taxing for an excited five year old and for parents who are just ready to relax. For some guests, it’s a nice option to get as far from the chaos as possible, but for others, like you mentioned, it’s quite the trek after a long day at the Park. I do apologize and see this as a training opportunity – depending on room availability, we can give guests different room location options.

We are currently in the process of renovating and upgrading our fitness room. I sincerely apologize that this amenity was not available for you during your stay. Also, we have heard from guests that they would like to see a spa in the Hotel, and this is something we may consider for any future potential expansions.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us as we are always seeking feedback to obtain ideas on ways to improve our Resort!

Cerritos
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I'm very torn about this hotel. The experience was overall a good experience. It would have been great except for the service. The valet was awesome. But that was about it. We checked in early and we're told they would call us when the room was ready. Check-in time was at 4. At 4:15 we still had not been contacted and I went to the front desk. Guests checking in were getting keys. It was a bit annoying. I think they forgot about us. While we waited we had drinks and lunch at the cafe and that was okay. The restaurant was dirty and service was slow. The rooms were cool and unique although the quality of the mattress was worse than a motel 6. We ordered room service, which was okay. Most of the food tasted like frozen food and not very good quality. I will have to say the kids loved it! They loved the room and the experience. I guess I expected more considering how much you pay a night. A big plus, we were able to go into the park an hour before it opened! That was awesome.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear “Lucia L,”

Thank you for your time taken to write a review on LEGOLAND Hotel!

I am very sorry to hear that the service you received was anything less than exceptional, but am happy to hear valet was able to provide you with quality service. Also, I sincerely apologize for our failure to provide your room keys on time and for the quality of the mattresses. Please know we are currently in the process of changing the beds and hope our guests will find them much more comfortable. We really appreciate each and every guest feedback we receive as it is truly our greatest source of learning.Please know all issues you have addressed will be reviewed.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback, “Lucia L!”

Central NJ
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My kids (10 & 7 years old) absolutely loved this hotel! Everything from the pool area to the nightly activities and the Kingdom themed room. The rooms / suites were probably a little larger than a normal size hotel room. The beds weren't that comfortable. We stayed 2 nights, and please be aware that we had to request house keeping services 2 times in the afternoon (2 PM & 4PM) which I wasn't happy with. However, you do get tremendous convenience at staying here for the LegoLand Park b-c the it's adjacent to the Park. Anytime I needed something it was real easy walk to go back to our room. If you're visiting LegoLand Park with younger kids this is a great option, however please be aware this is not a Disneyland Resort type of experience!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelsWFamilyAlways
Dear “TravelsWFamilyAlways,”

We truly appreciate your time taken to provide us with your feedback!

I am so glad to hear that your children enjoyed their stay at LEGOLAND Hotel and that you appreciated the close proximity between the Hotel and the rest of the Resort! However, I am very sorry to hear of the unacceptable service you received regarding the servicing of your guest room. Please know this is not the standard I uphold for the Hotel and please know it will be addressed.

We have received the same feedback from other guests regarding the comfort of our beds. We’ve listened and now are in the process of changing out every queen mattress. We’re very excited for this change and hope this will enhance the guest experience!

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Warm regards,