“Awesome experience for kids” 5 of 5 bubbles

LEGOLAND California Hotel
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome experience for kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

OMG...my kids loved the hotel almost as much as the park! The room was beautifully decorated. Legos stuff everywhere. Kids loved the bunk bed + trundle bed. They also enjoyed the little treasure in the locker. Bricks Family restaurant is really kid-friendly, excellent service and good price. Dinner was $20 for adult and $10 for children (4-12). Breakfast was included.
Oh, and early access to the park is a great bonus. We got in so many rides without any wait!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the elevator are also facing the pool which maybe more noisy until 10pm.
1 Thank Vanessa M
Frank I, General Manager at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear "Vanessa M,"

It is so awesome to hear that your kids enjoyed the hotel here at LEGOLAND California Resort and that you and your family received excellent service! We strive to provide our guest with the best service possible, and we truly appreciate your kind words.

Thank you for leaving us a review and we hope to see you and your family in the near future!

Frank Idris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Korean first
Nashville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotels decor and construction makes it a kid's dream hotel. The rooms are decorated wonderfully and even the elevator is an experience.

The downside however is that you pay primo rates in the $400 range per night. For that you would expect a little more. For instance, a bathroom door that locks so that your 3 year old can't bust in while you're using the restroom.

Dear “Geoffrey G,”

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the décor of our hotel! We have built this place through the child’s perspective, and we are so happy you and your family had the opportunity to experience it!

We truly appreciate every piece of feedback we receive from our guests as we are always making changes to improve our guest experience. Please know our rates become much more affordable starting in September, and we hope to see you in the near future! Thank you again!

Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here with our small children, my sister and her children and our mom. We had booked the largest suite possible for 3 adults and 2 kids and a second deluxe room for 2 adults and 2 kids. The "suite" was advertised as having ability to sleep 7 and having a separate kids bedroom. We paid over $600 per night for the largest room and when we walked in we couldn't believe how we felt misled as to the size and lack of separate bedroom for the kids. The kids room is best described as a large closet with bunk beds. There is not a door on their room and it is directly off the main sleeping area. So there is no separation or privacy. The pull out couch for grandma was small and very uncomfortable that she ended sleeping in a bunk bed (which was not much better). The room really looks like a cheap Motel 6 room but with pirate accents. I understand this is a kids hotel and damage occurs to things so it doesn't need high end finishes but the couch sat only 2 people, there was a small dining table with only 2 chairs and no other seating in the main living space. Again this room should sleep 7 but obviously doesn't accommodate that many. Our second room was much smaller but also $150 cheaper and basically had the same sleeping arrangement with Queen bed for adults and closet with bunk beds for kids. No couch. My advice is stay here if you want to be at the park so as not to have to drive and park each day. But stay in the cheapest room since there is no quality or upgrades for spending the extra money. I really enjoyed the location being able to walk into the park out the back door. Breakfast buffet included was great too for little kids. The kids had fun so it may be worth it. But don't expect to sleep well or enjoy the hotel. My brother-in-law was so appalled by this hotel one of the nights he booked a room at the Hyatt Carlsbad to get a decent nights sleep and said it was wonderful and would stay there again next time visiting LEGOLAND. One last thing, we were disappointed by the poor costumer service by the front desk. We had spent all day at the park and when we tried to check into one of our rooms at 4pm they said the room wasn't ready. We had toddlers that were exhausted and needed a place to relax and clean up. The room wasn't ready until 7pm. When we complained we were told it was out of their control and up to the cleaning staff to get rooms ready. Therefore taking none of the blame even though this is all one company and therefore the hotel failed to get rooms on time. They offered to take $25 resort fee for one day off our bill after we asked what can they do to improve the situation. Overall the poor quality of the hotel and it's front desk makes this a poor hotel. It is not worth the price and they could learn a few things from the Disney company on how to run a theme park resort hotel.

5 Thank fritzFlorida
Dear “fritzFlorida,”

Thank you so much for your time taken to provide us with your feedback.

I am very sorry to hear of your overall unsatisfactory stay and sincerely apologize for our failure to provide you and your family with excellent customer service. However, I am happy to hear that everyone enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the convenience of the hotel being located right by the LEGOLAND California entrance.

In regards to your late check-in, please know it is completely unacceptable for our guests to wait past 4:00pm. If there is one thing we can control, it’s the service we provide to our guests. I am truly sorry that you did not receive your rooms on time and for the lack of consideration and sympathy you had received from our staff.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us, and please know your review is sincerely appreciated as we will use it to make any necessary changes to improve our guest experience.

Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 night's in June. What an awesome experience. LEGO everywhere. Lobby has 2 LEGO play areas, (wish they had more hand sanitizer around). Elevators were the biggest hit. Room was great, loved the seperate area for the kids. Loved the gifts for the kids. I assume hotel is fairly new, everything seemed clean and fresh.
Restaurant was good. Breakfast buffet was awesome, lots to choose from. Dinner buffet was okay, choices were not typical. Service was great, nice people.
Would suggest 3rd floor, facing front of building. Heard kids running above us and lots of activity at pool (until 930pm). Avoid rooms near the elevator due to its popularity.
U will be amazed at the hotel. Just be prepared for lots of kids running around....

Will come back here before I go to Disneyland again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cipollavin
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Everyone of us in the family is a LEGO fan. It was awesome to stay in a LEGO themed hotel. For the experience and proximity to LEGOLAND, I think it is worth the expense for a one night stay.

The service at the Front Desk and Bricks was very prompt. The food at Bricks is the usual fare at theme parks. I thought the dinner option was good value at $50 for a family of four. By the time we were back from the Waterpark, we were all starving and going somewhere else for a nicer dinner would not be wise with hungry and tired kids in tow.

The kids loved everything about this hotel. For the adults, we felt our bed was too small and the mattress not great at all. For one night at a unique hotel, I was happy to put up with it.

Dear “HappyRoadTrips,”

We’re so happy to hear that you and your family had an awesome stay at LEGOLAND Hotel!

Please know your feedback is greatly appreciated. We have taken the time to listen to our guests, and we’re currently in the process of switching out all beds and upgrading them to king size beds. Although the hotel was built for kids, we realize providing a great experience for the parents is just as important! We hope the new improvements made will make everyone’s stay much more enjoyable.

Thank you again and we hope to see you all soon!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This a great hotel for kids. Our son loved every minute and wants to return ASAP. Everything is geared towards kids; the lobby, the elevator, the food and the rooms. The only downfall is that they forgot about the adults. The beds are horrible, the food is less than great (although the breakfast buffet has numerous options) and the price per night is way too high. You are paying for location and the ability to get into the park an hour early.

2 Thank coop1976
Frank I, General Manager at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear “coop1976,”

Thank you so much for providing your valuable and constructive feedback.

We’re so excited to hear that your son loved his time at LEGOLAND Hotel! Though the Hotel was built with children in mind, it is very important to us that parents enjoy their time here, too! We value each and every guest feedback, and we do our very best to make the necessary changes. I am very excited to share that we are currently in the process of changing the beds. We understand comfort is very important to our guests, and so we knew this was something we needed to change.

Thank you again for your time taken to share your experience with us! I hope we will have the opportunity to see you and your family again. Please do check out our much more affordable rates (starting) in September.

Pleasant Hill, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was anticipating that this hotel would be cutting corners, as they are directly next to the park, but it was pleasantly surprised. The front desk people, Alex, Maria, Shawn, and Hailey, were all attentive, helpful, and seemed happy to be there and answer questions...I mention that, because as you walk into this hotel you hear a cacophony of children crying, yelling, and laughing. There are Legos everywhere, and in the most surprising places. More than enough people are employed here, there are all kinds of cheerful people to help too. Kimberly, the supervisor at the front desk when I went there last night, was unceasingly patient. I have a ten year old, 15 year old, and 18 year old. 8 thought this itty bitty room with a queen bed and then two bunks and a trundle in the other little space would be way too crowded, but it was great. My oldest two kids are tall, and the beds were a great set up! Also, we just left the grand Hyatt in San Diego, and this queen bed here was better to sleep on, believe it or not. A huge breakfast is included in your stay too. They have a swim up movie at night. They give you a big bag of chocolates when you get in, and you can go into the park one full hour early to ride the six closest rides to the hotel. That doesn't sound like much, but no lines after having over one hour lines yesterday was pure bliss this morning!

I asked for the best discount they had and somehow ended up with 20 percent off....they didn't email the confirm the first time around, but I'm glad I reserved early. They are 100 percent occupied all summer apparently. If I worked here I couldn't be half as happy as these employees, I'm really impressed by their customer service, ESP the ones above I mentioned. I got most of my tips on this hotel from trip advisor, and was told to go for the lowest level and the pirate floors. Also, no need to upgrade much from the basic room, though I got a balcony, which was nice, though the only view is the parking lot....

Watch out for all the carnival games in the park, though my son did win a duck that is actually bigger than him and won't even fit in the overhead compartment! But I really do recommend this hotel and give it five stars. Just for the convenience factor even....it's like staying at a ski resort directly next to the slopes. We stayed in San Diego, then actually took a cab here for a hundred bucks, and are taking a cab back this afternoon. The Alamo SUV would have cost me 275 dollars plus tax and hassle and parking here at legoland, so I'd recommend doing that. We met a cab driver in San Diego and booked him to take us out here and then back this afternoon.

You can but dinner for 50 bucks for two adults and two kids when you check in, it's the unlimited buffet where they have dinner as well. Buy it. It's a deal. I know other guests had bad things to say about this property, and I am a picky traveler in many ways, but this place is great. There are all kinds of little touches, a treasure hunt for the kids when they arrive, a Lego snail and butterfly just on the master bedroom wall as I look up, and a knights banner in both rooms, plus amazing service by tireless young people that never seem annoyed, and with the annoying people they deal with all day this is the best service they offer. Hotel employees with impeccable customer services are hard to come by, even at the ritz carlton, yet ritz Carlton attitudes and service is what the legoland hotel offers.

Room Tip: We were in 1030 which was too far down the hall, but I requested to be away from the elevator. Any...
1 Thank ksbarent