LEGOLAND California Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,850 results
All reviewstreasure chesttreasure huntbunk bedsdisco elevatordance partybricks restaurantpirate roomdisco ballthemed roomsmy sonskyline cafepirate shipan adventurelego buildingearly accesslego pitwhoopee cushion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

There are lots of things they don't do a great job of communicating at Legoland Hotel and Resort. First of all, there is free valet parking (plus tip, of course) or you can park yourself in any of the spots not marked specifically for the valet in the lot next to the hotel.

When you walk in the main lobby you will be met with chaos. This is to be expected at a child-friendly hotel/resort, but it is added to by the placement of a Lego play area right there by Reception. Upside? The kids can play with Legos while you check in. Downside? If you're a sensitive person (or just got done driving 12 hours to get there and you're frazzled) brace yourself to deal with a lot of noise and commotion as you figure out all the room stuff. The very good news is that the hotel desk staff is very friendly and willing to help. For example, I specifically booked a room on the castle floor (1st) to avoid any decor with snakes or bugs in it, as my daughter has significant phobias. Unfortunately, for some random reason, our bathroom had a spider built out of Legos mounted on the wall. Her worst fear. One fit of terror an tears later, I approached the desk about a possible solution. Unable to take the sculpture off the wall, and unable to find another room without a spider/bug/snake in it to move us to they offered to send maintenance to cover the spider in some way. I ended up crafting my own solution to the problem (hello plastic laundry bag, medical tape, and a bic pen). I appreciated their willingness to solve the problem though. Loved the room otherwise.

Both restaurants put out decent food.

Mostly I'd say that staying here is very expensive. While a few of the amenities (treasure hunt) were fun--it is a tremendous amount of money to stay at a family hotel. We didn't look at other places to stay nearby, but we were only going to be at Legoland for one night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Britt-Marie D
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Yes this place is kid-centric, so don't plan on sleeping much; kids are constantly running up and down the halls with paper thin walls so you can fully experience your neighbors' stay as well. It's like the hotel was built by IKEA, cheaply and from plastic. Staff was great, food was good but expensive, location was great. But I will need a vacation after this vacation, I'm exhausted!

Room Tip: Hmmm, I don't know if there is a good room here....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DBanana50
Frank I, General Manager at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear “DBanana50,”

Thank you for sharing your experience at LEGOLAND Hotel with us!

We are so happy to hear that we were able to provide you and your family with great service during your recent stay! However, we are very sorry to hear that it did not meet all of your expectations due to the noise level. LEGOLAND Hotel is very different from most hotels as it is, as you mentioned, kid-centric! There are lots of features throughout the Hotel, and the kiddos get very excited to explore! We like to consider this excitement as… organized LEGO chaos! But of course, we try our very best to minimize the excitement to ensure all guests have a comfortable stay.

Though the noise level may be the deal breaker on whether or not you will stay with us again, we hope to at least see you at the Park, SEA LIFE or Water Park in the near future. Thank you again!

Regards,
Frank Idris

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. Picked this hotel because of the location to Legoland and also to give the kids the full Legoland experience. We arrived in Carlsbad around 2:30 PM. I'm glad I re-read the reservation email that tells you to use Crossings Drive to get to the hotel because I did not see any signage to the hotel. I know this is probably a city issue and not a hotel issue. Once you enter the driveway, there is a security checkpoint. Gave them our information and they give you a self parking/valet tag for your car and get you on the "pre Check In" list for a room. We then drove to the front where we had bell service help with our bags and then I parked the car.

Self Parking is relatively close to the hotel, which is very nice. The section of spots closest to the hotel are reserved for Valet, but there are plenty of spots and are not shared with the Legoland parking. I thought I was lucky and got a spot right across from the main walkway to the hotel, but I was wrong. There are no walkways to get to the rows further out, so people have to walk in between cars. Got back to my car to see several new scratches and kids fingers making waves across the side. The hotel should turn the first spot between the Valet and self parking spots into a walkway.

I then went and checked in. Our room was not ready yet, so our kids played with legos in the lobby. The room was ready after a half hour and they call your cell phone letting you know and you go get your keys from the concierge. We booked and got an Adventure room. Kids loved the disco elevator and the woopie cushion. During peak times there are lines for the elevator, but there is the option of using the stairs.

Got to our room and the kids loved it. Not as much theming as I would have thought, but thats fine with me. Housekeeping was a bit spotty. On the second day, we used the extra roll of toilet paper that was on the shelf, and it was never replaced the rest of our stay. We never needed the extra roll, but just knowing that we would need to call was an annoyance. You also get complimentary water and juice in the room, which means 2 waters and 2 juices. You can call to get more if needed. One of the days, it was never restocked. The pluses to the room was that the toilet had a smaller seat insert and a step stool. Perfect for smaller kids.

Our room was right over the patio fire pit, which means it was loud until 10 pm. Luckily once our kids are asleep, they can sleep through almost anything. For older kids, this is great because it is included entertainment, but hard to take advantage of it with younger kids. We could also hear the movie at the pool.

Breakfast is included in the stay and they warn you that wait times increase at 8:30 and it does, especially on the weekends. The restaurant has plenty of capacity, but they seat people in a controlled manner so the buffet area is not too crowded. Food was good with an omelet bar. The pastries and the fruit seem to rotate day to day. They seem to have a pretty good system to run the breakfast buffet. During peak hours, they have a couple of characters walking around, like a princess, pirate, or jester.

One night we ate at the skyline cafe, which was ok. Seemed like typical hotel food. Good thing is that they had a kids menu. The price we paid, i wish we would had just eaten the buffet in Bricks. I would want to try that next time.

Went to the pool 2 days. No problem getting chairs. Pool has a nice beach entrance for smaller kids and floating lego bricks. Life guards are good about telling kids to walk and not throw the lego bricks. I know some parents don't like that, but I am ok with it. The water is supposed to be heated to 82 degrees F. The first day, it felt warm, but the second day we went, everyone was saying how much colder it felt that day. Not sure if there was an issue or not.

The fitness center was closed when we were there. I looked in and they were using it to store luggage.

I know I focused a lot on the things I felt needed improvement, but my kids did love the hotel and we will return. It was great having the play areas in the lobby to keep kids busy while we either waited for people or the park to open. We arrived mid week and left on the weekend and I can say mid week, even in summer, is a lot quieter.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank sbndogg
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel location is very nice...also food stuff s are nice.lots of choices for.adults also for kids.my doughters loved hotel.we choose castle theme rooms..all around room is castel theme..and everyday hotel gives to kids gifts with Lego..also its nearby Legoland Park which kids love..I highly recommend to stay and have fun there..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Seniye Y
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Had a great time during our 3 night stay! Book a room away from elevators and get a parking lot vs pool side of hotel for maximum quiet. Would def stay again. Hotel was clean and service excellent. Only negative would be high prices at hotel restaurants for so-so quality.

• Stayed: June 2014