“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
OK
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a great new HIE for the area. It is directly off I5 & Poinsettia, it is brand new construction not a remodel. It is walking distance to the beach. I am a business traveler so I have stayed in hundreds of hotels, this is the nicest HIE I have stayed in, in a long time. I was traveling with family and stayed for a week. They have the standard breakfast but with more tables and booths to sit down so you are not waiting for a table. They have a nice pool which is not heated but was warm enough to swim in. They have a Jacuzzi, very nice outdoor seating, a cabana, way more upscale than that of any other HIE's and it is on the south side of the building so the sun hits the pool all day. The staff (Amber and the daytime staff) went out of their way to make my stay great. The city turned off the water for a few hours but the hotel offered to buy a room elsewhere just so I could shower for an important event. We stayed in an executive 2 bed suite which was spacious enough for 6 people. The sleeper sofa has its own tv and space. very nice.

Room Tip: easy access to highway, about 20 minutes north of San Diego. Easy travel to Oceanside, Encinitas, Ca...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

sid g, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your week-long stay at the new hotel.

When designing the property, we definitely wanted there to be more than sufficient space for our guests to enjoy breakfast and to avoid overcrowding.

We are pleased that you enjoyed relaxing out by the pool area

We are fortunate to have Amber as part of our team and she goes all out to make sure every guest enjoys their stay.

Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time you visit Carlsbad!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Maui, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

During my recent stay I did encounter a few challenges. The staff members Karen and Amber were exceptional in handling the glitches with my room type and amenities. They were exceptional
In working together to make things right. Upon my departure the fire alarms were going off and the
fire department had arrived. Some guests were concerned and again these staff members handled
It in a calm and professional manner to ensure each guests safety. This hotel is really nice and in a great location. I hope to return soon!!

Room Tip: I saw a few different rooms and they were all very nice!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
sid g, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for the review.Also, thank you for understanding that there are always minor glitches that can occur upon opening and for keeping patience during the time when the fire alarms went off.

We are extremely lucky and pleased to have Karen and Amber among our team.

We hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Gabrielle took such good care if my every need in a friendly and professional manner. Printed off specific directions, assigned me to an executive king instead of doubles, acknowledged me as a platinum guest, arranged late check out. Welcomed my visiting local family as they wanted to see me before I left. All with a smile. Oh yes, I lost my key twice. No problem.

• Stayed September 2013
sid g, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for your kind words....We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. I have relayed your kind comments to Gabrielle and she is very thankful.

Thank you again and we hope to see you next time your are in Carlsbad!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a trip to Lego Land. Great area, walk to the beach and shopping. Great happy hour at the Benehanas next door. We were the first ones to stay in their new rooms and it was very well done. Would recommend it to anyone coming to the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your comments and feedback. We hope to see you next time you visit Carlsbad!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

A few glitches aside (this is a brand new hotel), this is an excellent place to stay. The staff is excellent...friendly, helpful, etc. Location is great, just off I5, with nearby shopping and restaurants. Good pricing too!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your valued response and feedback. Also, thank you for understanding that with the opening of a new property, there are some small items to iron out, which we are diligently working on resolving.

Nonetheless, I am pleased that you and your traveling party enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you next time you visit Carlsbad.