Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carlsbad Beach
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
US$299
Official Site
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$205
US$175
  • Pool
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$165
  • Restaurant
US$174
US$140
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$164
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$208
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$241
  • Pool
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$220
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$359
Official Website
All reviewsbenihana restaurantfront desknice hotelfree breakfastcarlsbad beachcorner roomfree weightspool and hot tubbath towelsbeds were comfortablenice breakfastbusiness travelergreat roomgreat poolfridge and microwavelego landan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I booked a room at this hotel for our Valentine's Day getaway. Upon arrival we noted that the hotel was very overpriced as it was really nothing fancy, it was all remodeled so I am sure the price reflected the remodel. We have stayed in much nicer hotels for less money, but given the fact that it was Valentine's Day weekend our options were limited. (There is a very nice Motel 6 right across the street at a third of the price for those who are seeking an affordable room in this area) When we checked out they told us there was a $250 fee charged to our room for smoking, well my husband and I are non-smokers so this was very upsetting to us, they stated that the housekeeping staff said they thought we were smoking and with that the payment was deducted from our account. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HAVING YOUR CREDIT CARD FALSELY CHARGED THEN STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL. We asked to speak to the person who authorized this charge and they would not give us a name and told us that no one was available. In addition this hotel was very noisy and children were running up and down the halls yelling very early in the morning. So overall this whole experience was very disappointing and was a huge ripoff!! Stay at the brand new Motel 6 across the street you will get much more value for your buck!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LMatkinson
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear LMatkinson,

Regards,

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during Spring break with our three boys. Clean, modern rooms and breakfast area. Wonderful selection for breakfast, I looooooved the muffins. They had a few different kinds, but lime or lemon ones with sugar and almonds on top were out of this worlds. I wish I know where they get them from or the recipe. Yum! Will come again on our next vacation.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the parking lot was a bit noisy due to main street proximity.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GRManager751, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for selecting the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carlsbad Beach during your recent visit.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the muffins! Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

So after a long day of Legoland, I and my two second-graders had snuggled into our comfy bed In our modern and clean room in a pleasant, convenient, and affordable hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Carlsbad Beach. We had been asleep nearly an hour.

Then: Bam! Projectile vomit everywhere! OMG! One kid was literally still vomiting all over his bed and bedmate when I called the front desk for assistance at 10pm. The girl who answered the front desk phone of the Holiday Inn Express Carlsbad Beach seemed harried (I was harried). I patted the kids through the vomiting, changed jammies, wiped off lovies, stripped the bed, tucked the kids into mine, chucked the soiled sheets out to the hall, wiped down the bathroom... And waited. And waited. Called again. And waited. And waited. Called a third time. And waited. Finally, over 45 minutes later, someone arrived with a luggage cart of naked bedding, which I unloaded myself. The delivery girl explained that she was 16, alone, and the Holiday Inn Express Carlsbad Beach was overbooked to boot. I felt sorry for her so I tipped her and she left--only to find that she gave me a king-sized bottom sheet (for my queen bed), two twin-sized duvets without covers, no top sheets, no mattress pad, and two pillows without cases. So I'm super uncomfortable, pukeanoid, my room stinks of vomit, and I'm incredulous that the Holiday Inn Express Carlsbad Beach would be so poorly managed.

My advice to you: it's all good as long as your kids have iron stomachs. Otherwise--maybe spring for someplace that can hire two inexperienced, underpaid staff members with zero job experience.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Amanda S
GRManager751, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for selecting this new hotel during your recent visit to Carlsbad.

We apologize for the delay in getting towels to you. This is something that should have had immediate assistance, but we did not deliver in a timely manner. We will work with staff to make sure these thingsare resoved in a more efficient manner.

As for the staffing on the day you noted, unfortunately, our Front Desk manager was supposed to be working with the young person who was at the desk. Unfortunately, she called in sick the morning of and we weren't able to have a second person at the desk that evening. I know this doesn't remedy the situation you incurred, but we do typically have two people working in the eveningsand plan on continuing to do so due to the busy nature of the hotel.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had a 2 nite stay, loved the rooms , very spacious and extremely clean. The breakfast was really good, fresh food & great service. I would definitely recommend this property to everyone. Also internet was better than most other hotels.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jui d

Thank you for selecting this new hotel and for your valuable feedback.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Had the best night's sleep in a long time in this all-new hotel. Large room, not too fussy or over decorated, everything was spotless, room, bathroom and public areas. Very nice breakfast in the modern lobby with plenty of places to sit. Staff extremely helpful and there was coffee or tea for the taking in the lobby later on if you fancied some, instead of the coffee maker in the room. The hotel is perfectly located, close to the highway, downtown Carlsbad, the great outlet mall yet away from noise. Highly recommended

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
GRManager751, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for staying at the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carlsbad Beach during your recent visit to the San Diego area.

We appreciate your kind feedback as we are focused on improving our service and product.

It is great to read that you had a comfortable night's sleep and found the room to be of good size. We are pleased you enjoyed our breakfast offerings in our spacious lobby.

The hotel's location does allow you to enjoy Legoland, and the nearby beach, with plenty of dining options around the hotel.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!