“Always eat there at least 2 during my annual CA visits!”
Review of Harbor Fish Cafe

Harbor Fish Cafe
Ranked #26 of 348 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I love the Harbor! i immediately wanted to eat there upon arrival in CA 3 wks ago. As always the 2pc fish n chips & cole slaw were delicious! I ate there 3 more times before leaving CA last wk! My fav SoCal restaurant!!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Thought given location right on beach would have a great seafood lunch. Was seated very quick by a very friendly hostess. even though it was busy.I ordered the giant fish taco and my partner ordered the fish clam combo platter. Well the fish taco was giant took 2 hands to hold. My first bite was mostly salad but tasted good, my second bite with fish and salad was pure grease. My partners dish combo was also very greasy. This put a bad taste in both our mouths ( no pun intended). I would not go back even though the location is great. The only thing I would recommend is try the fish dishes not fried.

1  Thank ezduzit3
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The biggest attraction here is definitely the sunset over the Pacific. Otherwise, the food fare is average - but, not bad - simply compare this to fast food, and not a restaurant, and your expectations will be fulfilled.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Ok, it is a covered outdoor restaurant, where you expect great prices, but it is not true, as I guess they are charging for the view and location, which is perfect... Beer is great, but the fried food is greasy and way too much batter on it... The seafood salad was skimpy portions.....

Go for the beer and view, and maybe skip the food..

1  Thank GBB3
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Had a pleasant lunch with good service. Fish and chips had big pieces of fish. Really only needed one. Local beer was excellent. Convenient location if walking the beachfront walkway in Carlsbad.

Been to Harbor Fish Cafe? Share your experiences!