“Tasteless expensive greasy food, no refills on drinks”
Review of Harbor Fish Cafe

Harbor Fish Cafe
Ranked #42 of 365 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 2 June 2010

After a long day of searching for clam chowder, we decided to stop at this restaurant because of the ocean view. The staff was very friendly but it did not make up for the tasteless, greasy and expensive food. We ordered 2 cups of clam chowder which was very runny. We also ordered their World Famous Fish and Chips which included a large greasy piece of fish which was mainly batter. The tartar sauce tasted more like mayo than tartar sauce and the fish had no flavor. A medium drink was $2.50 and did not include refills.
We would never go back there or recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank fossilsking

Reviewed 12 March 2010

French fries were good, but the fish wasn't all that much. It was fresh and hot, but no taste unless you just love batter!. For being what they are known for, we were disappointed! The portions were large and it is nice to sit outside and watch the people. Give it a try and see what you think I can't recommend the Fish and Chips!

Reviewed 25 December 2009

This should be the compulsory last stop after a long day at nearby Legoland. With a wonderful location on the Carlsbad beach, the food is solid if not inspiring - but quite delicious. Leave the snob at home - the Fish Tacos and generous serving of Fish and Chips come on cardboard plates with a roll of paper towel for Napkins - actually perfect. For kids the Fish and Chips special with a serving of salad hits the spot. For the parents try the Fish Tacos with spicy chips and a couple of bottles of the house special brew - a little on the fruity side but quite refreshing. All in all amongst the better F&C establishements in the US!

Reviewed 17 October 2009

Went there Sept 25, 09, with mom and step dad, i was vacationing from Milwaukee, where we take our Friday fishfry very serious......other than no applesauce, or ryebread, this was a meal from home for me! Fast service, hot food.....so,it might just be hit or miss with the others here, or just grumpy people in general! ;-)

Reviewed 24 September 2009

When I go out for lunch or dinner my most common order is for fish tacos. I love them!! I'm not sure what people see in the fish tacos here. There really isn't much fish about them. It's more like a taco with a giant piece of greasy batter inside (by the way they use the same fish for the fish and chips). These have to be the least healthy meals on the planet. This would be fine once in a while if they were wonderful but they just aren't. Please don't think I am just a insanely critical person. I'm normally very fair and this is by far the worst review I've ever given.

1  Thank gngsavvytravelers