Stayed at the West Inn while we travelled to Legoland.
Average location. It is near I-5 and Legoland, but so is everything else in Carlsbad. Too far from the beach compared to other hotels. The hotel does have a restaurant and gas station in the same parking lot. The hotel is next to train tracks.
Hotel is very new and decorated nicely. It does feel like your staying in a huge house rather than a hotel. However, everything seems to be cramped. The rooms are small, especially if you have kids. The workout area was extremely small as wall. High Speed internet was spotty at best. They also provided breakfast complimentary with the room. This is not good. It is free, but if you are going to offer it, you should do it well. Between the rubbery pancakes and park like tables, it feels like you are at camp. There is also a restaurant next to the hotel owned by the same company. We ate their as well and the food was decent.
Service is good. They do give you cookies and milk on check in which is great. There were no real issues with the service and everyone was helpful.
This is a solid hotel, but it is not as good as advertised. It's like having a business park in a beach town- it doesn't work for me. It is appealing in many ways, but falls short in many others. The rooms are decorated nice, but they are very small. The complimentary breakfast seems like a great idea, but the food is bad. The hotel looks great and is aesthetically appealing, but it is located next to train tracks. It's like when I got my steak from the hotel restaurant, it looked great, but something just didn't taste right.
This is definitely not a 5 star hotel, it could be a 4 star, but as for now I can only give it 3 stars. It is not a bad place, but it is certainly not all it is hyped up to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and TravelClick so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel