West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
US$382
US$343
  • Restaurant
Ocean Palms Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$299
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$182
US$321
US$265
Groupon.com
US$223
US$193
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$344
US$297
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
US$359
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$153
  • Pool
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$165
  • Restaurant
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$252
1,180 results
All reviewscookies and milkking suitepower plantgas stationswim diaperstrain tracksfree shuttlepool toysboutique hotelshuttle servicefree breakfastsan diegoloved this hotelyogurtbusiness centerbeach chairshotel shuttle
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My wife and I have family in the Carlsbad area so we visit quite often. On this trip we stayed at the West Inn & Suites. We have stayed here before and loved our stay. This time is no exception. West Inn & Suites is probably the nicest hotel (In my humble opinion) in the area. It is clean and the staff is great. The hotel is pet friendly and the staff goes out of it's way to make the pets welcome. The rooms are great, clean and comfortable. If I have to mention one negative I'll just say that I would love to see a waffle maker available at breakfast. Other than that, everything was GREAT!!!!.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ron M
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Now that Legoland has its own hotel, the West Inn & Suites is a much quieter and appealing hotel to stay at. Good-bye to noisy children running around or jumping off the bed in the room above, no more screaming crying babies next door or loud, scolding parents. With two king beds, a large bathroom, mini kitchenette, free breakfast and complimentary shuttle service to Legoland the price was exceptional. Oh and no resort fees! Great value stay with high grade accommodations and amenities. They use Aveda line products so I was very very happy. The pool was great too, had it all to ourselves. Every employee we encountered were very friendly and courteous. The West's premise is pretty large considering they have a Steak/Seafood restaurant, a bistro and a gas station/mini mart all on the same property. Don't be deceived by the freeway adjacent location. The facility is strategically designed and placed so that no rooms face the freeway and no freeway noise was ever evident from our room. They also have a lot of lush landscape to help buffer the noise. This was truly one of the best bang for your buck stays! Highly recommend and plan to return again.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank TravelBees8
Reviewed 2 November 2013

After researching the San Diego area for several months, I stumbled across West Inn. I was so impressed by all the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor. We decided to stay in Carlsbad our entire trip. Driving up to the hotel was a little disappointing, as it is located right by a power station. Although once inside, that did not matter. Upon checking in, my husband let them know that we wanted to get changed and head to the beach. They said they would have a shuttle for us right away. I am super picky with hotel cleanliness. This hotel seemed brand new. Everything was spotless! We loved the eye for detail in the rooms. The beds were so comfortable. I will say that the pull out bed may need replaced because it did fall through the metal bars, but my kids did not complain. During the adult happy hour every night, the kids selected a game from the front desk and we sat at the farm table to play. That was fun for all of us. The breakfast buffet was a nice treat every morning! The hotel was very quiet during the week with mostly business guests, but towards the end more families arrived. We will be returning! Thank you for the great stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lorie B
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I largely agree with many of the other reviews - the room is clean and big, there is a free hot breakfast, easy to get DVD movies and the hotel is a 4 minute drive from both the legoland and the beach. It is also just off I-5 so it is supereasy to jump on and off the highway.

But the hotel is literally next to a gas station on one side and the coaster train station on the other side. I was woken up a couple of times by the horn of the train as it passed through the area and the train runs through at least every hour until 10 pm.

So if you are going to Carlsbad just to hang out at Legoland, I recommend staying at one of the hotels near legoland. We like the Grand Pacific Palisades - you can get huge 2 bedroom suites for nearly the same price that we paid at the West Inn. The rooms and amenities are not nearly as nice, but you can walk to Legoland and it is quiet!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BigLeagueC
Reviewed 24 October 2013

It is so nice to stay somewhere where all the staff seem to be enjoying their work and really pleased you are staying with them. We came back to West Inn and Suites for our sixth anniversary and were greeted in the room with ballons and chilled champaign. Even with children around (they are very close to Legoland) the doors and walls were thick enough to make it completely quiet in our room. This is our third stay here and likely not our last.

Room Tip: We haven't had a bad room here so I can't be of much help.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple