We chose to stay at this hotel from May 2 thru May 4 while planning a trip to Legoland. We traveled with our kids- ages 17,11 and 2. We knew we had to find something that pleased the oldest, a nice pool for the middle child and definitely toddler friendly for my active 2 yr old. I was so happy when I arrived to see that the hotel had a mini mart/gas station next to it, a steak house restaurant in case you wanted fancy food and a bistro next door which had plenty of options for the whole family. It was very clean landscaping. Looks like it was all owned by West Inn. It beats having to drive around town if you need a carton of milk for the toddler or quickly put gas on your way out. This was very convenient. Next, the parking was great. You can park in the underground parking lot or outside which was not far from the hotel door. Once again perfect when you forget something in the car. When we entered the hotel it smelled so clean. Our room smelled so clean too. Almost like a new house smell. The beds were big and comfy. There were double sheets. I loved that there was double closet space and plenty of hangers. The bathroom towels were nice and thick. The toiletry items were Aveda. The view from my window was looking out to where I parked my car. I did hear a train when we were out by the pool but didn't hear it once inside our room. No big deal. I loved that there was complimentary milk and cookies from 8pm-9pm everynight. Perfect timing to grab the toddler a quick glass of milk before bed time. The fridge in the room included 2 bottles of water each day. I loved that the coffee pot was not in the bathroom. There was a little nook area next to the tv and closet that had a microwave, fridge, sink and coffee pot. It was nice that under the cabinet was a trash can (1 of 3 in the room) and a roll of paper towels. The room size was perfect for us. Next, we used the pool the first afternoon when we arrived. There were not too many chairs, but I never had a problem finding one if I needed it. I must have not went at peak times. They provided swim diapers...which came in handy the second day. Didn't think the toddler would want to swim more than once..wrong...he loved it. They even provided pool floaties and pool noodles for the kids to enjoy. Refreshing water with lemon/orange slices was there along with magazines. The pool towels were thick and perfect to quickly dry off. They kept it well stocked all the time. I never had to go ask for more. The breakfast the next morning was great. My toddler gets up really early and wants his pancakes. Breakfast that morning did not consist of pancakes, but we asked the cook lady if it was possible to make him a couple. She happily agreed to do it for us. We were the only ones down there, maybe thats why but we were very much appreciative of that. I wish I got her name. That was great customer service. The breakfast we had was eggs, potatos, bacon...they also provided bagels, danishes, oatmeal (which was very good), yogurt, cereal. They provided a few types of juices, coffee (and to-go cups--loved it), hot chocolate, hot tea. Plenty of silverware, plastic ware, so many choices. I can't say one negative thing about this place. All the staff greeted us whether we were walking down the stairs, getting on elevator , passing by front desk, out by the pool. Other hotel owners need to take note of this. To sum it up, this is what made me happy that I didn't have to ask for, it was already provided:
Paper towels in room, plenty of hangers, microwave, fridge, paper cups with lid at breakfast time to get my coffee to go, milk in the evening provided for free, swim diapers by pool, ice water by pool, pool toys, plenty of towels by pool and the lovely lady that made my son pancakes and the location of minimart/ gas station, restaurants on campus. If I ever just need to get away, I will book another stay at this hotel for sure. Thank you so much for providing the best service and truthfully giving us what your website tells us you offer plus more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the pristine beaches of Carlsbad, minutes from attractions such as LEGOLAND, the Museum of Making Music, Lagoons and Outlet Shopping, our boutique style hotel offers 86 rooms including 36 suites. All rooms include one or two king sized beds, free wireless HSIA, 37" flatscreen tv's, refrigerator stocked with two complimentary welcome waters upon arrival, microwave, hairdryer, iron / ironing board, and complimentary full breakfast. For relaxation enjoy our water wall around a sparkling pool/whirlpool. Adults take part in our Seasonal Pour while our smaller guests enjoy cookies and milk at bedtime. Let our shuttle service (within 5 miles of the hotel)take your mind off gathering directions while our Concierge team plan your next move. The property features two dining on-site dining options Bistro West (Contemporary Farm to Table faire) and West Steak and Seafood (Fine Dining). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and TravelClick so you can book your West Inn & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Inn And Suites Carlsbad
- West Inn & Suites Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- West Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad West Hotel