“Nice Hotel”

Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This hotel felt very new, it can't be very old. It is a pretty typical Hampton, Clean, friendly staff, standard Hampton free breakfast, exactly what you expect to get with Hampton, maybe even a little better because it feels pretty new. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Samantha L, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Carlsbad. We are a relatively new Hampton Inn and I am glad our upkeep caught your attention. We hope to exceed your expectations once more on your next trip to the North County/Carlsbad area.

-Samantha Lopez-Marshall

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Excellent quality in the form of a budget brand. Definitely a gem of a property. Stayed there on a weekend and the breakfast was a little cramped, busy, and limited but it met my expectation in this class of hotel. Rooms were excellent and nicer than some other in higher rated classes. Staff was great as well. All around one of the better stays I have had in a while.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Samantha L, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Being one of the better stays you have had in awhile is a great compliment. Thank you, and thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Carlsbad. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Hampton Inn Carlsbad is directly across from the airport on Palomar Airport road. Our room was clean when we arrived and each day all the linens and sheets were replaced with clean ones. Breakfast was good. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013

Here at the Hampton Inn Carlsbad, we try to make our guest's stay comfortable. Starting with the staff, down to the rooms and finishing up with the breakfast. I am glad you had an overall great experience with us. Call the hotel to book your next reservation for when you are in the area.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We always get a great night's sleep at this Hampton Inn. Close to shopping and dining options inland and the Outlets are just down the road as is Legoland. Excellent value and friendly staff. What more do you need?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! It is always a pleasure hearing back from our loyal guests. The staff here at the Hampton Inn Carlsbad enjoys having you as a guest and hopes to see you and your family soon! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Totally relaxing and the comfort and beauty of the room made it even more of a treat. Definitely a hotel to stay at for extended periods of time without worrying about the cleanliness. The hotel staff was pleasant, friendly and extremely helpful which added to the relaxation and comfort experienced at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel due to it's proximity to Moonlight State Beach and Legoland. It was back a little from the beaten paths, away from the freeway and train tracks so it was very quiet. But that also meant we had to drive to get meals as opposed to walk to a nearby restaurant. On the first day of our trip (Sunday) we went to Moonlight State Beach - very nice beach - and had a day of fun in the sun as a family. As we were literally walking up from the ocean with our young boys to gather our belongings to head to the hotel, a pretty good size wave caught me by surprise and I stumbled and broke my toe, sprained my ankle pretty bad, etc. Trip to ER to get it all fixed up, get crutches, etc and then finally check into the hotel at about 10pm. I asked the staff if we might be able to cancel our reservation for Monday night since I couldn't walk and Legoland on crutches seemed like no fun. The nice lady at the counter said I would have to ask the manager Monday morning when she came in. The next morning, I hobbled down to eat the breakfast with my family, and the staff came over to let me know the manager would be over to talk with us in a few minutes. A few minutes later, the manager said it was understandable that accidents happen and said she would canel our reservation for Monday night and not charge us for it! We watched our credit card for the next week and only saw the correct charge for Sunday night. Very happy about that. The room was clean, beds and pillow were very comfortable. We got a room with two Queen beds and had plenty of room for a family of four. The bathroom was HUGE! Coming from a guy who just had a crash course on crutches, I dreaded doing my business since the toilet and sink and tub were so far away from each other there was nothing really to hang onto as I hobbled about. The TV got decent family channels. I've been on business trips to some hotels where all you get is broadcast plus CNN / FOXNews / ESPN and that was it! The kids were happy to have PBS, Discovery, History, etc. We didn't try the pool. My leg hurt too much and my wife didn't want to brave the water with 2 toddler boys. |: ( So I have no idea what it was like. Breakfast was respectable. Like I said, I've stayed at enough business-class hotels, and this one had enough to fill a person up. Yogurt, muffins, bagels, decent scrambled eggs,, boiled eggs, toast, hash browns, sausage, cereals, fresh fruit (that was not green or spoiled), milk, OJ - and it was hot and they kept it stocked. Yes I ate all of that. Since I missed dinner the night before (being in ER) I might have just been famished, but it did taste pretty good. About 4 platefuls good. If my family goes down towards Carlsbad area again, we will definitely stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Hampton was a good hotel experience. Nice breakfast buffet with good location to carlsbad businesses. Clean and comfortable with friendly staff. I would recommend this for business travelers and families. It has a nice pool and whirlpool outside and not far from the highway and nearby shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business