“Wish I could live here permanently”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Carlsbad, California
“Wish I could live here permanently”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Talk about Nordstrom service, Homewood Suites staff in Carlsbad surpassed it. What else does one need but a comfortable room and every amenity you could want including a free breakfast buffet every day...eggs, potatoes, waffles with strawberries....real hearty fare, AND a dinner buffet that includes beer and wine Monday through Thursday. I ended up here after selling my house so quick that I was unable to find another. I had enough Hilton Honors points for a week, but ended up extending my stay to a month. From management to maintenance, the service was superb. I felt like Paris Hilton (and I'm as hard to please as I imagine she is). Thanks,everyone (I know you read these comments). Wish I could take up permanent residence there.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location...3rd floor, south side. There are lots of kids, due to Legoland, and they...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
HWGeneralManager, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Lorinda P,

We do read our reviews and we love getting ones such as yours. Thank you for your kinds words about the hotel and the staff. We hope you were able to find a new house and have settled in nicely. Hopefully, when you have family in town, you can send them our way!! Thank you again for staying and for the glowing review!

Drew Allison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 May 2012

From the moment you walk in the place is clean and organized. The front desk staff is also friendly, knowledgeable, and accomodating (hard to find these days). Having the hotel near the McClellan-Palomar airport terminal also makes this location very convenient. If you're looking a pleasant stay without hassles, choose Homewood Suites! You will not regret it!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Tino D,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad our efforts to maintain and upkeep our hotel do not go unnoticed. I am happy also to hear that all of your encounters with the desk staff were pleasant and that they were accommodating. Thank you again for staying and taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We hope to see you again soon!!

San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I came across this hotel thru a friend summer 2011. Was so impressed with everything.
The location is so ideal and the price is amazing!

I usually spend my R&R there when I just wanna get away.
I got so impressed that I got my class to chose it as a venue for our 20th HS reunion on July 20-22,2012.

You should check this amazing hotel! Worth every penny! :)

Kudos to Ian Wilson, Brian Lagoner and the rest of the Homewood Suites Carlsbad staff.
You guys are awesome! Everyone is so nice and very accommodating.

More power and see u soon again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Arlington, TX
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is an acceptable place to stay for your trip to Carlsbad & Legoland if you have kids. The room has a living room separated from the bedroom by a door allowing you to put the kids on a sofa in the living room and have their own TV while the parents have the privacy of their own bedroom-much welcomed after a long day in the amusement parks. I would note on behalf of my 11-year-old son that he complained about the "rough" sofabed - and upon inspection he was correct, the padding was thin and you could feel the springs.

Full-sized refrigerator in room is a plus as well, this allowed us to bring back leftovers and store them for the next day. The free breakfast allows you to save money to start your day but had no hot meat items. The self-made waffles were my favorite.

Area around hotel was quiet and nice in appearance but no food places were within the immediate area. However, something outside where I parked our car created a horrible order (I couldn't guess if it was the nearby trash can or something else).

All staff I came into contact with were friendly. We use a lot of towels during our hotel stays and the staff never grumbled when we requested them and brought them up quick. Hotel room was clean but I noticed the floor was not swept one day of our stay.

Hotel pool area looked well-kept: My kids begged to get in but it was too chilly.

If we return to Legoland we'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dubnation
San Marcos, California
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Living in beautiful southern California is a both a blessing and a curse. Here I enjoy birds chirping, an ocean breeze that gently sways the palm trees, and cool mid 70's weather on a daily basis.The curse? In laws. Everybody knows that fish stink after three days, right? So I send them down the street a few miles to the Home Wood Suites. After the 2nd year of them routinely visiting, they don't even bother staying at my house. Here is an excerpt from my uncle; "I first fell in love with this hotel right after my commute from the east coast came to a close. The beds are softer than a babies bum, and the HD television complemented it nicely. Every breakfast and dinner, you can consume as much food as your hearts content, with a different selection each night. And did I mention the beer and wine? Merlot's, chard's, cab's, and sauvs. They have four beers on tap that differ with the coming nights, including my favorite; Stone Pale Ale. Top this off with exceptional service, a nice pool to lay out and soak up the sun, and spacious rooms. I don't even need to leave. Great spot, good job guys."

Room Tip: 3rd floor, pool view!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations from arrival to departure. With the fully equipped kitchens, to the super inviting dining area, this hotel has the magic to make you feel like you’re on vacation at home. Hotel associates were very knowledgeable and welcoming..awesome staff! Not only is it minutes from the beach, but there’s tons of stuff to do around the area. After the complimentary breakfast they offered, I sat out by the pool for a bit before I had to leave- I ended up having to request a late check out & was pleasantly surprised they were able to make accommodations with such short notice.. Great example of superior hospitality. This review really doesn’t do it justices for the great atmosphere and impressive service I recieved; I will definitely be returning :D

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed at this great hotel with my brother when I came to Carlsbad to visit my family. I was very satisfied with the comfort and hospitality provided by the hotel. The room I had stayed in had a similar homelike feeling with two bedrooms and a kitchen. If I wasn't cooking a meal, I would be downstairs eating and having a drink while watching sports on TV. The dining area downstairs was a very nice place to relax. The hospitality by the employees of the hotel was that of how every 5 star hotel should be, excellent. Thanks to Ian and Bryson, the two gentlemen who made sure my experience was nothing less than excellent, I will definitely recommend this hotel to other friends and family.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
HWGeneralManager, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Patrick A,

What a wonderful review…thank you! We are always glad to hear that our guests have enjoyed a wonderful stay with us. It makes all our hard work worthwhile! We also appreciate it when folks take time out of busy schedules to write a review and post it. Thank you for this, too. We hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.