“Home away from Home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I LOVE this place!!! the hotel is super clean, the suites have all you need to make you comfortable, but NOTHING compares to the STAFF. They are AMAZING!!! You're always greeted with a smile while being checked in and they're always willing to help you with whatever you need. I not only book my employees and guests of my company here (which ALL come back and say what a great place this is) but i also stay here for my 'staycations'. They have Happy Hour Monday thru Thursday in the dining area (complete with food and beer / wine) and Brian & Ian are out there serving the guests and mingling. Breakfast is served 7 days a week for FREE (unlike other hotels). They don't treat you like you're a stranger...they treat you like a Friend...and THAT is Customer Service at it's finest!!! Close to LegoLand and Outlets along with restuarants and freeway close. You couldn't ask for more!!!

Room Tip: I've stayed in all areas of this hotel. Front area puts you closer to lobby & gym. More park...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shannon M
HWGeneralManager, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Shannon M,

What a fabulous review! Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to write it and all your wonderful words. We enjoy what we do at our hotel, and we love our guests! We take your comfort and satisfaction very seriously and always love to hear that we’ve made our visitors happy. Our guests make all we do worthwhile! We also appreciate your continued business, and we look forward to seeing you back soon! Wishing you very safe travels and again, from all of us here, a SINCERE thank you!

Drew Allison

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County

Reviewed 17 May 2012

My wife and I stayed one night at Homewood Suites this Spring for a Couples Retreat from our church. We were extremely blessed by the cleanliness of the rooms and grounds, friendly helpfulness of the staff, and wonderful complimentary breakfast buffet. The meeting space was private and amply furnished to all us to have special break out sessions during our lectures. As the main coordinator for this event, finding a place that would comfortably and hospitably welcome our attendees was very important to me. I felt my expectations were met and exceeded in some cases by Homewood Suites in Carlsbad. We look forward to the next time we can stay with them.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew D
HWGeneralManager, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Andrew D,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the kind review. It is nice to hear from someone that stayed here and used our meeting space. I just wish your stay could have been longer! I am glad you had time to grab some breakfast before your meeting each day and that your encounters with the staff were pleasant. We hope to have you back in the future!!

Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

I have the best experienced ever. The staff made me feel that I am in my own home. I can tell all staff loves their job from top to bottom. This is the first hotel that made me feel its not all about the money that their customers paid its about the high quality of services they can provide to their customers.

Great location quite and relaxing environment close to the airport, stores and restaurant. But you dont really have to go any where the hotel provide free breakfast, dinner and the best of all free all u can drink beer and wine.

The staff are very friendly and the best customer service.

Everthing inside the room looks brand new. The gym is awesome and the swimming pool and jacuzzi are the best.

If your looking for the best experince to enjoy California and payless this where you need to go.

Sam

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Tazsam

Tazsam,

Thank you for your kind review! It sounds like you were able to take full advantage of the amenities we offer at the hotel from the gym to the meals!! I am glad the staff was pleasant and accommodating during your stay. We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Coming from the San Diego area myself, going to the Homewood suites felt like a complete get-away from reality. From the rooms to the friendly service, the experience was just amazing. The biggest parts were the breakfast and location. Your surrounded by the beach, park attractions, and even shopping locations for the mother's and daughter's.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Aaron A,

It sounds like you enjoyed your "staycation" at the Homewood Suites! You hit on everything we strive to do well. Your post was short and concise so I will keep my reply the same. Thank you again. We hope to have you back soon!!

Reviewed 15 May 2012

This place was recommended by a friend and figured it would be an alright "pit stop" during a family getaway. Our experience turned out amazing. The staff is really friendly, not overbearing, more like a family welcoming in another family. I was literally stunned by the size and overall flow of our room. It didn't feel like just another hotel room. Again, a homey feeling with a fully stocked kitchen. Though it's right off a main street (easy access so I'm not complaining), the walls are thick and I didn't hear a thing. The restaurant is more like the heart of the home; over there you have the family with the noisy kids and the hilarious uncle-like doctor chatting it up (true story). It's just a great communal space that seems to spur people from all over the world to converse. I loved it. We'll be coming back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
HWGeneralManager, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

JayMarieS,

What a great review to read as a hotel manager! Thank you for taking the time to share. It is a pleasure to read about the success of the family atmosphere we try to create here and that the staff was just the right amount of friendly. Next time, we hope you have time to make us more than just a "pit stop"!! Thank you again for staying.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Talk about Nordstrom service, Homewood Suites staff in Carlsbad surpassed it. What else does one need but a comfortable room and every amenity you could want including a free breakfast buffet every day...eggs, potatoes, waffles with strawberries....real hearty fare, AND a dinner buffet that includes beer and wine Monday through Thursday. I ended up here after selling my house so quick that I was unable to find another. I had enough Hilton Honors points for a week, but ended up extending my stay to a month. From management to maintenance, the service was superb. I felt like Paris Hilton (and I'm as hard to please as I imagine she is). Thanks,everyone (I know you read these comments). Wish I could take up permanent residence there.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location...3rd floor, south side. There are lots of kids, due to Legoland, and they...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
HWGeneralManager, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Lorinda P,

We do read our reviews and we love getting ones such as yours. Thank you for your kinds words about the hotel and the staff. We hope you were able to find a new house and have settled in nicely. Hopefully, when you have family in town, you can send them our way!! Thank you again for staying and for the glowing review!

Reviewed 1 May 2012

From the moment you walk in the place is clean and organized. The front desk staff is also friendly, knowledgeable, and accomodating (hard to find these days). Having the hotel near the McClellan-Palomar airport terminal also makes this location very convenient. If you're looking a pleasant stay without hassles, choose Homewood Suites! You will not regret it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Tino D,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad our efforts to maintain and upkeep our hotel do not go unnoticed. I am happy also to hear that all of your encounters with the desk staff were pleasant and that they were accommodating. Thank you again for staying and taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We hope to see you again soon!!