“Comfortable but ....Noisy”

Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
North Vancouver, Canada
“Comfortable but ....Noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at this property for 4 nights. All of the employees were very helpful and courteous.
Our room was a one bedroom suite. It was spacious and modern. Great full size kitchen.
I tried for 3 days in a row to get a small pot to cook in to use on the stove top. It seemed like a huge ordeal for something so trivial.
Our room was on the 3rd floor and faced the front of the building. Unfortunately it sounded the Indy 500 was taking place right at our room. The main road is out front. There were no other rooms to change to.
One front desk clerk told me they had never had a complaint about the noise in those front facing rooms. Really hard to believe. The planes flying overhead were nothing compared to the traffic/road noise.
The breakfast was great and very handy to have. It can be very busy and hard to find a table sometimes.
We checked out a few days early and moved to another hotel.
Good hotel, but rooms are better facing the side, or back of property.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the front or main road.
1 Thank L A
Kimberly S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear L A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your comments and your feedback. I’m so pleased to hear you found our staff to be so courteous and enjoyed your spacious suite. I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced, particularly that the noise from the airport and main road were a disturbance to you during your stay with us. And I truly regret to hear you departed early due to it. We strive to ensure each of our guests experience a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We are always willing to relocate guests to another room they find more comfortable if necessary. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Carlsbad area. Please contact me directly and I will personally ensure you are assigned in a quieter location. My email address is CarlsbadGM@ih-corp.com or phone number is (760) 431-2266 ext 5442.

Kimberly Shattuck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

this hotel is in a great location for legoland or the carlsbad beach area. It is new and modern and clean. Very quiet rooms with lots of space. The front desk staff are great; especially anthony and paul. they make your stay enjoyable. the breakfast included every day is a great value added service. i stay here every chance i get.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Kimberly S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Imij,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments on TripAdvisor! Paul and Anthony will be so proud of your review and I will be sure to recognize them for their outstanding service! We do our best to make sure each and every guest have the same wonderful experience you had! I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast as well! We hope your travels bring you back to the Homewood Suites Carlsbad again soon!

Tempe, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Had a family of elephants above us and didn't sleep the whole first night. The manager in the morning did show concern about our stay so that was good but probably wouldn't stay there again. Although breakfast was complimentary and looked very good. It was all very low quality and I did expect better for one a Hilton and two the amount of the room.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kimberly S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Barbara V,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Carlsbad and taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor . I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment during your stay with us, especially that the quality of breakfast did not meet your expectations for a Hilton hotel. We do rotate our menu daily offering a variety of breakfast foods in an attempt to meet all of our guest’s preferences. I hope that you will return the next time you are in Carlsbad and give us the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please contact me directly and I will personally assist you with pre-assigning a room to ensure a quiet and comfortable location. My email is CarlsbadGM@ih-corp.com or I can be reached at (760) 431-2266 ext 5442. Thank you again for your review.

Kimberly Shattuck
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I felt the stay was great, it was very clean and comfortable. The only item I was unhappy about was the fact we were placed right next to the hotel laundry facilities and it was very noisy. I was very impressed with the service though when I called to order more towels, they were delivered in 5 min, excellent service and will stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Jodi S,

Thank you for your recent stay at Homewood Suites Carlsbad! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and received exceptional service from our staff! I am, however, very sorry to hear that your room location fell below expectations. We hope that you will come visit us again, and allow us to assist you in selecting an ideal room location for your next stay!

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was a repeat stay for me (Tuesday to Thursday). I always request a room away from noisy areas like elevator areas. I was given keys to a room on the 1st floor, and upon entering the room I discovered that it was in the process being made/refreshed (the bed was not made, and all the drawers to the dresser and kitchen areas were opened). I called the front desk from that room and informed them that my room was not made. They asked for me to return to the front desk and they would find another room for me. I collected all my luggage and walked back to the lobby.

I was then given keys to a room on the 2nd floor, walked to door, and inserted the keys they both registered up as red - no go. So for a 2ND TIME I WENT BACK DOWN TO THE LOBBY TO GET THEIR MESS CORRECTED.

A couple things that get me is: How hard is it to confirm the status of a room on their end, and second - is it really that difficult to burn two functioning rooms keys? Sounds like a bunch of incompetent front desk agents working there.

I'm going to reconsider staying here next time.

Room Tip: pack light - you'll be walking back and forth a lot if your room/keys have issues.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank onebadgolfer
Dear onebadgolfer,

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. As a repeat guest, your experience with us is critical, and I truly regret you had such a poor experience at check-in. This is not typical of our hotel and staff. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay.

Your business is truly valued by us and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Homewood Suites Carlsbad. Please contact me directly and I will personally ensure you receive a room that meets your expectations. My direct number is (760) 494-5442 or email CarlsbadGM@ih-corp.com.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback and I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We love hotels with a separate living room and breakfast. The Carlsbad Homewood Suites was great for our long weekend. Many thanks to Maryrose and Brittany who helped me make the last minute reservation for 4 rooms for our family.

The breakfast was great each day. Unfortunately, it was VERY busy on the weekend and more staff would be helpful in keeping everything fresh and cleaning off tables.

Our room was not refreshed for 2 of the 4 days we were there. Again, the hotel was very busy but we did leave each day early enough that we would expect to have maid service.

We were there for the dinner only one night and it was great...more than enough to satisfy!

Overall, we continue to love Homewood Suites!

Room Tip: Our room was on the outside so we could hear the airplanes from the airport across the street but th...
Dear MommaB6119,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Carlsbad, CA! I agree that having a separate bedroom is wonderful, especially when traveling with a family! I'm very pleased to hear you received excellent service from Maryrose and Brittany and they were able to book four rooms for you at the last minute. I'll be sure to thank them and let them know how appreciative you are! Our daily complimentary breakfast definitely does tend to get a little on the crowded side, particularly on the weekends. I appreciate your suggestion for having more staff on hand to ensure freshness and to assist with cleanup, as we are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ experience with us. I'm very surprised to hear that you didn't receive housekeeping service each day of your stay. It is certainly not typical for rooms to not receive housekeeping service. I apologize for the inconvenience but appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

I am pleased to hear you continue to love Homewood Suites and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in Carlsbad!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here last month and loved it. I almost always have to get 1-bedroom suites anywhere I travel so my two boys can take naps during the day. Clean bedroom and kitchen was very functional. Pretty close to Carlsbad and the Outlets so it was very convenient. The pool was right outside the window but we didn't go inside. The complimentary breakfast was very crowded, but there are more than enough tables to accommodate families.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Go H,

Thank you for your review! Our two-room suites are perfect for families traveling with small children! We make every effort to ensure that the Homewood Suites in Carlsbad feels more like a home away from home, rather than just another typical hotel stay. I am so pleased to hear that we are on the right track! We are glad to hear you found our location to be convenient and hope to have you stay with us again the next time you visit Carlsbad! Thank you again for taking the time to share your positive experience with us on TripAdvisor!