“Love Homewood Suites”

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
San Diego, California
“Love Homewood Suites”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Absolutely great stay here. Room was spacious with an almost full size kitchen, complimentary dinner mon-thurs (beer and wine included), huge breakfast spread. Bed was super comfy. Love that the rooms are a true one bedroom so we can put the kids to bed and close the door to our room :) We were just passing through the area, so can't comment much on location except that it was right off the 5 and everyone seemed to stay there to visit Legoland.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HWSGSR, Guest Service Agent at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you brolls286 for the fantastic review! We are beyond thrilled that you had a chance to enjoy many of the amenities that we offer like our Welcome Home Reception and our comfy and roomy suites. While we wish you could have stayed longer, we are glad you came home to us for your short trip. We hope to have you again next time you are in Carlsbad.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I decided to stop here for two nights between work trips rather than fly all the way home back east.

Right across the road from one of the many public beached (where people swim, surf and fish!) is this peaceful little hotel. Restaurant was decent and peaceful, internet worked well, and my room had an awesome ocean view. A 10 minute drive up the road puts yous downtown Carlsbad with many little indie shops, delicious restaurants, bike and beach rentals, and when I was there, a farmers market! There is also a path along the many public beaches that runs right in front of the hotel.

My only two complaints:
1 - It's an older hotel so the walls are a little thin and you can hear everything, so if you are noise sensitive at all this may not be for you.
2 - There isn't anything around the hotel, so a car is essential if you want anything more than the hotel food.

I enjoyed my stay so much that my other half and I are considering this for a vacation spot next year :)

Room Tip: Oceanview room is worth the extra money!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MountainMel
phx, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Awesome place for the family, the kids loved the breakfast. I liked the fact that the hotel was secure and clean and that there were many other families staying at this hotel. This place is well kept and family friendly I would definatley return there for this reason.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We enjoyed two nights here with great hotel staff at our service. The sofa bed was not comfortable for our seven and four year old (could feel the springs) and the hotel staff corrected it with a new mattress and down comforters to act as feather beds. Impressive. Super close to Legoland. We'd stay here again.

1 Thank 540ellend
Sacramento
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here during our trip to Legoland. Legoland is just up the street. We had a car, but we found out the hotel also had free shuttles. Also, the beach is just a couple miles down the road (and the mall is just next door). It was close to everything. We took grandpa, and got a suite with 2 king beds (separate rooms) and a living room/kitchen wtih a sleeper sofa for the kids in between the two bedrooms. It was perfect. The accommodations were luxurious, and we had plenty of room. The best part is that the hotel offers a free all-you-can eat breakfast (8 to 10 am) and dinner (5 to 7 pm) (both buffet style) included in the price of the stay. The food was much more wholesome than anything you could find at a restaurant. And, it seemed like most of the other guests were families, too, as the dining hall was full of families. We fit right in and didn't have to be on edge if our kids pitched a fit. We could easily take them back to the room for a time out, and try it again later. There were several families in the pool each night and overall was a very family friendly atmosphere. In addition, the staff was very friendly and helpful. My dad (grandpa) said he had a hard time sleeping because he could hear a humming noise going on and off, like an a/c unit. He said if it had been continuous, he could have blocked it out, but it was intermittent, which interferred with his sleep. We did not complain about it though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HWSGSR, Guest Service Agent at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you law_mama75 for the awesome review! We are happy that you and your family had a chance to enjoy our beautiful property in Carlsbad. Traveling with children is fun but can sometimes be stressful so we strive to provide a great environment for families of all sizes. We are also happy you had a chance to enjoy our hot breakfast and Welcome Home Reception. Thank you again for the review and we hope to have you with us again next time you are in Carlsbad.
Anaheim, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I paid $209.15 for my room on Thurs, June 19 which they debited out of my account. When I checked in on Sat, June 21 they explained the incidental hold on my account. I spent $2 in incidentals (a snack for my son) and was owed $35 back which is fine. Instead of returning my $, they charged my bank AGAIN on Monday, June 24 for $240 which caused me to overdraft and incur $34 in overdraft fees. I have stayed at 100 hotels and I know the drill regarding incidentals, but I have NEVER been charged 3 days after I checked into a hotel and 2 days after I have left. I called the hotel and after I explained my issue I was placed on hold for 7 minutes and then disconnected. Stay classy, Homewood Suites.

2 Thank Alan D
HWSGSR, Guest Service Agent at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you Alan D for taking time to review our hotel. We apologize for any issues you may have had with your credit card. We would like to speak with you personally regarding the matter. At your leisure please call us at 760-431-2266. Thank you again.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I use this hotel for business purposes. It offers suites at a very good price. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and breakfast is included which saves me time. They also offer free dinners four nights a week which is very helpful when I need that extra boost but do not have time to look for a restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you 545nahidm for taking time to review our hotel! We are happy to cater to both business and leisure travelers and provide them with delicious meals and a comfortable environment. We hope to have you again next time you travel to Carlsbad.