“Ramada by the 5”
Review of Ramada Carlsbad

Ramada Carlsbad
Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Although I will never stay at this Ramada again, nor will I ever use Expedia as a source to "help" me book a vacation, I must mention the staff by name for they were most sympathic and helpful to me during my stay. Hamid Aghai was there for me from the beginning, thru all my tears and drama. Laticie, the manager, was calm and said, "there was no need for me to apologize for crying. Many people do." and Janet, who helped me fix my phone and was always cheerful.

Had I received better information about this motel I would not have booked the reservation. Expedia recommended the motel. I trusted their service. WRONG. I did read several reviews after the booking and called the Ramada. I talked to Alex who reassured me that the Ramada was a wonderful, QUIET place for me to reconnect with nature! WRONG again. Alex was there the day I arrive but I later found out he quit during the week. No one was very honest at Expedia as far as I am concerned. It's all about the money. No one is held accountable. I wish the days when you could hire a reservationist were still around. I'm just a number and a dollar to these faceless employees.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jmb398
Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews I didn't have high expectations. All I really needed was a decent place to sleep at night. I am shocked at the low reviews. My room was clean and came w a fridge and microwave. Our second day I put the do not disturb tag on my door and came back to a note saying the rooms are serviced at least every other day.
The pool area, I thought, was beautiful. Had leaves in it but that's no big deal. The railings are high and had small spacing-safe for children.
The beach was close- just like it's noted. I wouldn't walk w my 3yo but when he's 10 I will. Restaurants are close. Grocery store is close. Close to LegoLand.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

The pictures of the hotel are a little misleading....the rooms aren't that nice, nor is the pool area. Room was clean, but outdated, especially the kitchenettes and bathrooms. It was a convenient location and the 3 room set-up (family suite) was nice. We were on the opposite side as the freeway and we were glad because if we were in the other side that could be very annoying.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 13 March 2014

upon check in they stated they would put a $25 hold per day on my card but instead they charged the total amount of our stay, Hotel is not walking distance to the beach like it states, had no drinks for sale up front as well as neither vending machine was in working condition, needed to do a load of laundry and they were out of laundry soap also, pool was just ok kind dirty..wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone....

1  Thank Brenda C
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Carpet clean,did not dirty socks while walking on it.Had to lift bathroom door to get it to latch because of misalignment.Great staff,unclogged toilet twice and responded within minutes.Did not have clean towels to replace dirty bath towels on one occasion.The front desk delivered the towels to our two bedroom suite as soon as they were available.Everyone took advantage of the complimentary breakfast buffet,it was nice.We enjoyed our stay.

1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The neighborhood is much nicer and safer than the Oceanside Ramada which is closer to Ocean's 11 Casino. This property shines on efficiency units with fridge. stove, microwave and a separate TV area which is adjacent to bedroom. Rooms on the the inner courtyard and Macadamia Dr are preferred to those facing the noisier freeway. Pool and hot tub well maintained and breakfast room has waffle maker. Perfect for pets or families

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Carlsbad hotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad
#23 of 36 in Carlsbad
Days Inn Carlsbad
Days Inn Carlsbad
#24 of 36 in Carlsbad

Been to Ramada Carlsbad? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Carlsbad

Address: 751 Macadamia Dr, Poinsettia exit off I-5, Carlsbad, CA 92011-3299
Region: United States > California > Carlsbad
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Price Range: £50 - £127 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Carlsbad 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ramada Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Carlsbad By The Sea Hotel Carlsbad